Profile for gemma hopgood > Reviews

Content by gemma hopgood

gemma hopgood

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Forest Fire (The Legends of Regia Book 2)
Forest Fire (The Legends of Regia Book 2)
Price: 1.92

5.0 out of 5 stars The Legends of Regia should not end in just 2 books!!, 28 Nov 2013
After proofreading for the last decade I have come across just over a handful of some truly talented authors. I now mainly read for pleasure, and what a pleasure devouring Forest's journey continued in this novel; Forest Fire (The Legends of Regia). The world of Regina expertly pulls you in, placing you right into the thick of action from where the last book ended. The thickness of emotion consistently has you holding your breath, so don't forget to breathe! Regia is described in exquisite detail allowing you to see it all in your mind's eye easily, there are so many opportunities for extra story lines within the plot which it seems a shame they will never be told or expanded upon. Nor will the story of Forest and Syrus, their love, their future - another book please!!!

A fantastic read that I couldn't put down, completely recommended!!

The Savage Blood (#2) (The Savage Series)
The Savage Blood (#2) (The Savage Series)
Price: 1.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Savage Blood, The Savage Series Book 2: Twists & Turns, 3 Nov 2013
After reading the first book in the Savage Series I eagerly dove into this book with speed and a lust for the continuation of the story that Clara had started, the journey she had begun. Set a year in the future from the ending of the first book she ventures towards finding her mother in Cape Cod. If I thought the first book was a wonder of surprising twists and turns then it pales in comparison to the rabbit hole of wonderland adventures in store for you. I cannot begin to give you tit bits of tantalizing info without giving away too much but suffice to say,Tamara has out done herself with this sequel and although I was very surprised by the end of the book by the outcome each surprise fitted the situations perfectly allowing you to understand more about Clara's past and also each current situation. I cheered with them, wept with them, angered with them and became happy with them falling into their world is easy, coming back to ours and reality is hard!
Cannot wait to read book 3!!

The Pearl Savage (#1) (Dark Post-Apocalyptic Romance) (The Savage Series)
The Pearl Savage (#1) (Dark Post-Apocalyptic Romance) (The Savage Series)
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Fantastic Fantasy Story With A Twist by Tamara Rose Blodgett!, 1 Nov 2013
I am an avid fan of Tamara's work, already really gripped by her "Chosen" series, so I decided to take a look at her other works. Finding this free first novel in the series has allowed me to get my teeth into the beginning of this series and I must say I am mightily impressed.
This novel is so much different than anything else I have read in a very long time and I devour books like nothing else. The unique mix of a future world similarly fashioned to a Steam Punk style and adult romance has been expertly achieved here allowing you to take the trip into the future that the Guardian's have created, and immerse yourself into the life of the Sphere that Clara, her subjects and her close friends along with the Outsiders known as the Band who are struggling to survive without the future help of Clara, live in.
Expertly written, researched and executed I am looking forward to reading the second book in the series to see just what lies in store for our heroine Queen Clara!!

Blood Chosen (#3) (The Blood Series)
Blood Chosen (#3) (The Blood Series)
Price: 2.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Triumphant Addition to the Ongoing Blood Singer Series, 20 Oct 2013
After not so patiently waiting for this next instalment in the series I have to say it has NOT disappointed. Yet again Tamara has been able to easily slip you straight back into where the cliff hanger story left off in Blood Singers 2, allowing you to really see the world from each of the characters point of view as well as you the third party reader.

You are easily gripped and pulled back onto the run away action packed emotional and physical train Julia, her friends, the Weres, the Vamps, the 3 loved ones and the ones who wish her harm are all on, and boy are you in for another twisting ride that will fully surprise you and in parts bring you, as the reader, so far into the book that you will share their joys and feel their pain!

This is a book not to be missed and was so gripping and hard to put down I read it within 12 hours, so make sure you carry on with Julia's journey into who she is and who those around her are because believe me when I say that everything you thought you knew is about to be blown away and replaced with so much more!!!!!

Entwined With The Dark (Kindred, Book 7)
Entwined With The Dark (Kindred, Book 7)
Price: 2.40

5.0 out of 5 stars What An Amazing Ending!!, 12 Sep 2013
This series has been impossible to put down and I have even forgone hours of sleep to read getting carried away promising myself that I would stop at the end of the chapter only to tell myself another chapter won't hurt!! Although I have a feeling that this is the last book in the series I really hope it isn't as there is a wealth of further story lines, characters and a few loose ends left!!!

I have really enjoyed being pulled into the amazing and enchanting world that Luce and Michael live in, this is NOT just another vampire novel series it has been on my mind constantly and when I could read I would feel hungry to read each and every next book in the collection, I feel at a loss not to have another to now open and devour!

Eternal Fire - Book 3 (The Ruby Ring Saga)
Eternal Fire - Book 3 (The Ruby Ring Saga)
Price: 2.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Amazing Edittion to The Ruby ring Saga, 6 Aug 2013
I have been following this Saga for a while and cannot wait for the next instalment which is taking far too long for my likes!! This book continues the story providing you with plenty of twists and turns, it will bring you right in allowing you to experience all of the emotions the characters feel as they fight their way through the trials in order to be together!!

Top 20 Cats and Kittens FREE
Top 20 Cats and Kittens FREE

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute!, 6 Aug 2013
This review is from: Top 20 Cats and Kittens FREE (App)
Exceptionally cute photos!!! This is a wonderful free little app that will make you smile :) 20 pictures are supplied and this is the perfect app for all cat lovers!

11+ Vocabulary Builder Lite
11+ Vocabulary Builder Lite
Price: 0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars This is an OK program but NOT fantastic!, 6 Aug 2013
This review is from: 11+ Vocabulary Builder Lite (App)
I thought I would give this a go as this was a free app but although it had some good aspects there was not a lot of sections my daughter could access without having to upgrade to the paid version.

Awaken Me (a connected novel Book 1)
Awaken Me (a connected novel Book 1)
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Twist on the Vampire/Werewolf story!, 1 Aug 2013
Totally refreshing, this book was a real treat to read. It had me gripped from the first page and I did not stop reading it until full on 16 hours later when I finished it! Cannot wait to read the next book!!!!

Shadow Blood (Ancient Legends)
Shadow Blood (Ancient Legends)
Price: 1.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant book within the series!!, 16 Jun 2013
So far the series has been captivating and very intriguing, and this book does not disappoint. The trill of the chase, the development of each character is sensational and I managed to read it within a day because I couldn't put it down!! Can't wait for the next book!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8