Profile for Hungry Mind > Reviews

Mood Mapping: Plot your way to emotional health and happiness
Mood Mapping: Plot your way to emotional health and happiness
by Liz Miller

5.0 out of 5 stars the best form of self help, 21 Jan 2010
I bought this book, because I was feeling suicidal, and had been recommended to see my GP. The GP referred me to the local mental health unit, which had a long waiting list (which I am still on) for whatever therapy they could offer.

Meanwhile I read Mood Mapping and did a lot of the exercises in the book.

You will find in the book exercises that work to help you discover what mood you are in, and strategies of how to navigate between your various moods.

This book is full of ideas and techniques, that have yet to be discovered by mental health professionals. This has occurred because the author Liz Miller is a sufferer herself, and by sheer bloody persistence, has worked a way out of her mental disease. She has written up the strategies that she used to get well, and uses to keep well. So this is her gift to us to help us on our path from mental illness, to being able to function in life, and be relatively happy for more of the time. Liz has successfully used these strategies to go from being sectioned under the Mental Health act, to being voted Mind Personality of the year.

I would encourage everybody to read this book, whether you suffer from mental health problems or not.

For sufferers it will help you get strategies that will help you cope with life, and for those fortunate enough not to suffer, will give a greater understanding to yourself of how you work emotionally.

Awaken the Giant within: How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial Life
by Anthony Robbins

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 21 Jan 2010
I read this book four years ago, and am still feeling the benefits of it. I still use the principles in it perhaps not enough, and pass the principles on to other people for them to use. Thanks Tony.