Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Insomnia
Insomnia
Dvd ~ Al Pacino
Offered by uniqueplace-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant movie. Bluray is Italian but has english audio option available., 25 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Insomnia (Blu-ray)
This is a brilliant move... directed by Nolan and some what of a hidden gem as its not as talked about as his other work.

I was surprised to find that this is an italian version of the bluray. I panicked slightly at first but I quickly realised you can change the audio settings to english. I feel this should of been made clearer but that's a listing mistake. Having said that changing the audio is simple and won't really trouble you. As far as I can tell the only other option is a US import if the italian words on the sleve really bother you.

The Name of the Wind: The Kingkiller Chonicle: Book 1 (Kingkiller Chonicles)
The Name of the Wind: The Kingkiller Chonicle: Book 1 (Kingkiller Chonicles)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 24 Nov. 2013
This has become the book which I will now judge all other books by. I have been so captivated by this world and Kvothes story that after reading The Name of the Wind and The Wise Man's Fear I had no choice but to begin rereading straight away.

Rothfuss is a brilliant writer. What an interesting way to begin a story. Kvothe is telling his life story in three days, each day corresponding to a book in the series.

It is filled with dark and beautiful moments, and the mystery in the book... at the end of the day it is what drives Kvothe and in some ways compels the reader to read on.

superb.

Man Of Steel: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (Limited Deluxe Edition) [Soundtrack]

5.0 out of 5 stars C'est Magnifique, 18 Jun. 2013
Every time Hans makes a soundtrack I expect greatness, I expect to hear the unexpected, I expect to be moved... they're ridiculously high expectations but yet Mr Zimmer has yet to let me down. This is no different... at times beautifully moving, others just insanely epic.

I love Christopher Nolan, his relationship with Hans has spawned songs which I have literally spent months listening to. The image of Batman on the Batpod racing through Gotham is for me one the greatest moment in cinema. I'll gladly add Superman's Flight scenes onto that prestigious list. Would those scenes be what they are without this man? No.

The music that accompanies the end scenes in The Dark Knight (A Watchful Guardian), Inception (Time), The Dark Knight Rises (Rise) and now Man of Steel (What Are You Gonna Do When You're Not Saving The World?) are some of the most moving pieces I've ever heard.

I'm already eagerly waiting for the soundtrack for Interstellar!

The Dark Knight Manual : Tools, Weapons, Vehicles and Documents from the Batcave
by Brandon T. Snider

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 26 July 2012
Brilliant book! This is essentially a scrap book written by bruce wayne.. or so it seems. It details how and why he became batman and includes lots of detachable stills, case files, decals, maps and layouts of various gadgets. Worth every penny I paid for it. Brilliant.