Profile for Paul Stevens > Reviews

Content by Paul Stevens

Paul Stevens "pas23199" (St Albans, England)

ASUS EA-N66 WLAN Ethernet Adapter (802.11 a/b/g/n Dual-Band 300 Mbps) for WPA2, Windows, Linux and MAC OS
Offered by Shop4World

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up as a Wi-Fi extender with great signal strength, 14 Dec. 2013
This is small funky looking device that has provided a fantastic boost to my existing Virginmedia broadband Wi-Fi hub. I set the Asus up by tethering it to my PC and using the set up wizard via the internet. It was very simple.

I set the Asus up in "repeat" mode, so it is connected to the internet via my existing Wi-Fi signal and then acts as an access point at the front of the house (my broadband connection being at the back of the house). Despite the Asus being 30 feet away, the Asus is so good that its signal strength at the back of my house is greater than my Virginmedia hub (unless I am in the same room as the Virginmedia hub). Unlike my Virginmedia hub, the signal strength doesn't drop out either. I can recommend it highly.

HoMedics MySpa Heavenly Heel Smoother
HoMedics MySpa Heavenly Heel Smoother
Offered by Innox Trading

1.0 out of 5 stars Completely Ineffective, 3 Oct. 2013
I read the reviews on this product and bought it on the strength of those reviews. However, the speed and strength of the device is insufficient to do more than effectively 'polish' your skin. Applying greater pressure doesn't help since the stone simply stops spinning. Sadly this becomes landfill only.

LEGO - Racers RC Outdoor Challenger
LEGO - Racers RC Outdoor Challenger

5.0 out of 5 stars Lego Racers 8369 and 8675, 26 Dec. 2006
I bought two Lego racer RC cars for my kids for Christmas, 8369 and 8675. As I understand it the 8369, is the old version of the 8675. I read all the reviews about both. Yes, the range isn't brilliant, and yes the battery life isn't that long - ours last about 30 mins of hard use with up to a four hour charge. However, the cars really can take some hammering. My youngest child is 5 years old and any RC toys we have had in the past get destroyed pretty quickly. I bought these because you could get spare parts from lego! Our cars have been consistently crashed and seem to have no problems. My only comment is that the 8369 is a little smaller than the 8675. The battery therefore seems to last a little longer. Having compared the two, the only other thing that seems to be different between the two models is the instructions (8675 being clearer). As a result, I think I'd favour the 8639 over the 8675. Oh yes, and be warned. They are pretty fast - even over grass. A great success.

LEGO Racers 8369: Dirt Crusher RC