Profile for Claire739 > Reviews

Claire739

Heavenly Hell
Heavenly Hell

4.0 out of 5 stars the start of a great series, 4 May 2013
This review is from: Heavenly Hell (Kindle Edition)
A good read, well written and a good story line I personally found some parts of the book slower than others and I thought more could have been done with the ending to set up for the next part of the series.

The main characters were good and well thought out, however some characters mentioned in the book seemed to be glossed over, I'm hoping this could be because of seeing them in the future of the series.

Overall it is definitely a series I would be interested in continuing to read in future installments.

Bind Me (A Roommate Romance Erotic Light BDSM Story)
Bind Me (A Roommate Romance Erotic Light BDSM Story)

4.0 out of 5 stars move over 50 shades!, 24 April 2013
Very short read but I loved it! not much time to get to know the characters due to the length and the action starting pretty quickly!

All I have to say is move over 50 shades! Well written and great for a quick read! Will be looking forward to reading more of Rene's work as so far everything I have read I have loved!

Heart You (A Roommate Romance Erotic Valentine's Day Story)
Heart You (A Roommate Romance Erotic Valentine's Day Story)

5.0 out of 5 stars move over 50 shades!, 24 April 2013

Bloodlines (book 1)
Bloodlines (book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars not as good as VA, 19 April 2013
After reading the vampire academy series I was really looking forward to reading this spin off. Unfortunately I was disappointed!

I didn't find bloodlines lived up to the VA series. Jill for me is not a great character, despite the fact that she is young, she is very childish and selfish in my eyes.

This series did however improve Adrian's character for me, and I am looking forward to seeing more of him in the rest of the series.

For me this book lacked any real heroine, and missed the presence of Rose. Sydney as the main character just didn't live up to Roses shadow, and also lacked any real romance as Jill's romantic endeavors were nothing compared to Rose and Dimitri in the VA series.

As usual though the book was well written and I am looking forward to seeing the characters evolve in the rest of the series.

Siren Snow: Book #1 of the Redhaven Saga (Volume 1)
Siren Snow: Book #1 of the Redhaven Saga (Volume 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Debut, 19 April 2013
Before I read this book I read a few reviews and was excited to see what it was all about. However for me personally it book didn't live up to my expectations. Thats not to say it isn't a good book, it is well written and the author has an amazing imagination, however some parts I felt belonged in a book aimed at a much younger audience.

I felt at times things were too descriptive, which for some may be a good thing but for me just made parts of the book slow and at times i really had to push myself to continue reading without skipping pages. I read a lot of this type of genre and I also found it very hard to get my head around the town knowing about mystical goings on whereas in most books this is kept secret from human knowledge.

Overall it wasn't a bad read, it was well written and a well thoughts out story line With a few tweaks here and there I can see it becoming a very successful series and a good debut for an author.

I received a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Paranormal Anthology with a TWIST (Indie Style Press Anthologies Book 2)
Paranormal Anthology with a TWIST (Indie Style Press Anthologies Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 14 April 2013
A brilliant anthology separated into 11 short stories. I don't want to ruin the surprise of any of the stories so has instead written by opinions of them all individually not giving the stories away.

Voice of the Soul - Rene Folsom
I absolutely loved this story! Very well written and I found myself drawn into the story. Will definitely be looking into reading the other novellas which continue this story.

Number 18 - Michael Loring
Short but sweet, this had my mind wondering from the beginning what would happen. I immediately thought the predator wasn't what he was portrayed to be so this had a great twist to the ending.

Sweet Lenora - Bart Hopkins
I personally didn't enjoy this story as much as the previous 2, for a short story it seemed to take longer to get to any real content and i found it hard to connect to the main character.

Truth or Dare - Jon Messenger
A well written short story, but I found it very predictable as the the outcome. I would have liked to have seen an extra chapter maybe to see the main characters reaction to the outcome.

Suburban Zombie - Anthony Lance
This really made me giggle! A very well written, alternative view on zombie life! A very interesting short read.

All I want for Christmas - Jason Brant
Amazingly written and the twist at the end was brilliant. I would have never guessed that outcome! Amazed at how well Jason wrote from the view of a 13 year old girl!

In the eyes of the beholder - Penelope Barlotto
An interesting piece with an interesting twist, well written and to me came across as a TV/movie concept.

Little Tchotchkes - Nicki Scalise
Wow the twist on this was amazing! So well written and i would love to see this story expanded to its potential to see all the prior events leading up to this point and to see the outcome for the little plant!

I am Serna - Magan McMinimy
Short and well written with an interesting twist at the end which was unpredictable and unexpected.

Bloodlines - SL Dearing
This Story didn't appeal to me as much as the others, it was well written but the story just didn't draw me in as much of the others. I think I felt the ending was rushed and would have liked to see a bit more expand it.

Metronome - Eaton Thomas Palmer
This was a very intriguing story, I would love for this to be expanded into a longer story to see some background into the clock and to see what the future held.

Overall I really enjoyed this anthology and it has totally left me wanting more! I was very impressed with a lot of the authors and will definitely be looking into more of there work, I am especially looking forward into reading more of the soul seers series by Rene Folsom and will be adding them to me 'to read' list for the near future.

Cynthia Has done as amazing job putting together this anthology and it will definitively be one that I recommend to others.

I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

Taken
Taken

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 12 April 2013
This review is from: Taken (Kindle Edition)
Was very disappointed with this. From the description i was really looking forward to reading this as the concept seemed really good! However i felt the story lacked any depth at all! It didnt go into the characters lives enough for you to feel any emotions for them. The kidnapper was obvious from the start and i struggled to continue reading until the end, i pushed myself to, hoping there may be a twist at the end to turn it around, but no its remained predictable and disappointing!

Overall i felt the book was rushed and a lot of the important information needed for character development and to evolve the story was missing. this felt more like a very detailed book synopsis for me rather than a full book.