Profile for Reviewer > Reviews

One Day Remains
One Day Remains
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the best album of the last few years, 3 Sep 2006
This review is from: One Day Remains (Audio CD)
I was introduced to Alter Bridge (and Creed and The Mayfield Four)by a friend, and still cannot thank her enough!

Alter bridge really do blow Creed away by a mile, and that's no slur on Creed, it's just that AB are so amazing.

Unlike Creed, the sound of Alter bridge (almost raw at times i think) gives Tremonti especially chance to shine, as I felt he was sometimes a bit overshadowed by Stapp's vocals.

Myles Kennedy is just amazing (in all of the groups he has been a member of, including the not so well known Citizen Swing - wirth checking out) and is one of the few vocalists I know who is as good on studio works as he is live (having seen Alter bridge perform in Wolverhampton at the start of the summer)

Brian Marshall on the bass and Scott Phillips on the drums are much more in the limelight than they were with Creed (need I say more than Metalingus?).

All in all, these guys are one of the freshest and most original groups I've encountered of late, and I challenge anyone who thinks that they are "just Creed with a different singer", this is NOT the case.

Looking forward to the new album, and next tour!

Also, check out Logan if you get the chance ([...] I saw them support Alter Bridge and went and bought their album straightaway. They rock.