Profile for E. Maher > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Trespass Women's Amarela Printed Daysack - Beetroot Spot
Trespass Women's Amarela Printed Daysack - Beetroot Spot

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality - don't buy, 29 Jan. 2015
Got this for school for my 7 year old. After only 4 weeks the stitching around the zips broke in several places. My daughter loved the design and did not want to return the bag so I stitched it back together. Now it's ready for the bin. It lasted five months. The carry handle has ripped off and both shoulder straps are barely hanging on.

Miele Power Plus S5211 Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, 2200 Watt, Obsidian Black

5.0 out of 5 stars my second Miele after 14 years, 30 Dec. 2013
I have had this model for 4 years and it works as well as on day one, no loss of power. I had a similar, slightly smaller model before for 14 years which was a present from my mother when we moved into our first apartment in Germany. The motor was still going strong but replacing the broken plastic bits would have cost too much.

It is more expensive than others but well worth it.

Croydex Flexi-Fit Shower Set, Chrome
Croydex Flexi-Fit Shower Set, Chrome

5.0 out of 5 stars great product - useless instructions, 30 Dec. 2013
We have had this up for two months now and we're very happy with it. We wanted an adjustable rail over the bath so the kids could use it as well to shower. My 8 year old just about manages to slide the shower head up and down which is a bit stiff but ok for an adult.

My husband who does a lot of DIY laughed about the instructions and said they must be the worst he has ever seen. We both read them twice and still could not understand them. Anyway, he worked it out himself.

In our bathroom the top fitting is above the tiles and so we were pleasantly surprised that the box even contained a spacer to solve this problem.

All in all we are delighted with this shower set. It works well, is of good quality and looks stylish and modern for a reasonable price.

O'neill Shoes Ftg Ekika Light Yellow Flip and Thong Sandal 309904 11.5 UK Junior, 30 EU

4.0 out of 5 stars comfy, 30 Dec. 2013
I got these for my 6 year old (in autumn!)as she had wanted flip flops for ages. She loves the beads and the colour. Very comfortable as the strap is soft and does not rub, even after a day's wear. The sizes are realistic, too. The only downside though is that they look grubby quickly, it would be wise to get a darker colour.

Levi's Zelda2 Girl's Jumper Old Pink 8 Years (N91551A)
Levi's Zelda2 Girl's Jumper Old Pink 8 Years (N91551A)

4.0 out of 5 stars slim fit, 30 Dec. 2013
I got the pink hoodie size 8 years for my slim 6 1/2 year old and it fits her well. She likes the colour as well although she usually is not into pink. Washed it a few times and still looks as new.

Smiffy's Knife Through Head (Large)
Smiffy's Knife Through Head (Large)
Offered by Bluebellesgifts

2.0 out of 5 stars cheap and cheerful, 30 Dec. 2013
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
It was fun while it lasted...it snapped after two days. It's a pity that only one side is coloured, the rear side is black and hollow.

ESPRIT 113EE5B003 Girl's Leggings
ESPRIT 113EE5B003 Girl's Leggings

4.0 out of 5 stars nice thick quality, 30 Dec. 2013
These leggings are nice and thick. My 8 year old daughter loves them for the silver stars. I recommend that you order one size bigger than usual though.

Umi Children's Shoes Toddler/Junior Praline Mary Jane
Umi Children's Shoes Toddler/Junior Praline Mary Jane

3.0 out of 5 stars nice to look at but rub against ankles, 26 April 2011
I bought these in brown for my 6 year old daughter. Sizing is generous and they look geourgous BUT unfortunately really hurt her ankles. After an hour walking in town I had to buy her a cheap pair of comfy shoes as she refused to walk any further. There is padding at the heel but these shoes are relatively high at the ankle where there is also a rough seam.

Thinking they would become softer with time I now regret not having sent them back.

Fellowes Flat Screen TV Cleaning Kit
Fellowes Flat Screen TV Cleaning Kit
Offered by Stationeryhut

5.0 out of 5 stars removes toddler's sticky fingerprints, yoghurt and more, 26 April 2011
After our old TV blew up we got a nice new Sony LCD. The kids were fascinated so within a day the screen was covered with their fingerprints. Within a week they were joined by yoghurt and even crayon (the 3 year old blaming the 18 month old)! The kids got no telly for three days and I ordered this cleaning kit.

I just sprayed on the micro fibre cloth (which is of decent size btw) as per the instructions. Without too much scrubbing the marks all wiped off in less than 3 minutes. What a great product!

Learning Resources Cash Register
Learning Resources Cash Register
Offered by MMP Living

5.0 out of 5 stars great toy, very solid, 23 May 2010
Since my daughters, 3 and 5, got this cash register they have played shops almost daily. The drawer and calculator work very well and they enjoy when the drawer opens with a "ping". When it arrived I was surprised by its size as it is a lot chunkier and heavier than expected which means it stays put when the drawer is being shut. The colour is a slightly darker shade of red than on the picture. It also comes with plenty UK money, about 70 coins plus notes. Great toy which will last years!

Page: 1 | 2