Profile for Cooked Carrot > Reviews

Content by Cooked Carrot

Cooked Carrot (The RB of K & C, London, England.)

Dorian Gray [DVD]
Dorian Gray [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ben Barnes
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

1.0 out of 5 stars Words fail me., 26 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Dorian Gray [DVD] (DVD)
Never has the need for a zero star rating been sorely required. Ten minutes into the film, I switched off in favour of watching the newly painted wall dry. Perhaps you may think thay I am exaggerating. I'm not. I'm really not. I still can't quite believe that this film was ever commissioned let alone released in cinemas nationwide. I suppose my disbelief stems from the fact that the acting was diabolical, the screenplay a farce and a complete insult to the work of Wilde. Thanks to this film, my eyes ache and my brain stings. Thank you Oliver Parker for ruining my evening. For those of you contemplating buying this film, there's no need. You can have mine, for free (p&p included).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 23, 2011 2:49 PM BST

Thermodynamic and Transport Properties of Fluids: S. I. Units
Thermodynamic and Transport Properties of Fluids: S. I. Units
by G. F. C. Rogers

4.0 out of 5 stars This is not a book, 28 Jan. 2010
This is not bed-time reading. This isn't even a book. It does what it says on the cover: it gives you (in tabular form) the specific volumes, enthalpies and entropies of saturated water and steam as well as super-heated steam at given temperatures (Celsius) and pressures (bar). Does the job. 7 pounds is a bit steep but it's a necessity for anyone studying Thermodynamics or performing energy balances over processes.

Electron Krypton 2 Led Headlight And 5 Led Rear Twin Pack Lights
Electron Krypton 2 Led Headlight And 5 Led Rear Twin Pack Lights

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box!, 28 Jan. 2010
Like the previous commenter, the picture doesn't do the product justice! They were remarkably easy to fit and the brackets are sturdy. The front light has four different modes. The first two are "yellow" lights (one bright, one dim) of the type you used to get from old dynamos and the other two modes are bright LED (one permanent, one flashing). The back has a series of alternating/flashing modes. A speedy delivery and a good product. No complaints.

Canyon LED 1415 Front and Rear Light Set
Canyon LED 1415 Front and Rear Light Set

4.0 out of 5 stars All things considered, a very good buy., 13 Oct. 2009
Though I chose super-saver delivery, these were delivered within three days of purchase! Both back and front brackets were very easy to attach and the lights clip on and off very easily. I would recommend these lights for people who are cycling in built-up areas that already have some street-lighting. "To see and be seen" is the saying, but the front light (while it is very bright and makes you visible to traffic and pedestrians for hundreds of metres) would not, on its own, light up a very dark street or country lane. Both of them benefit from three different settings (alternating, flashing, permanent). Before I bought these lights, I read a review that stated that the plastic holder was flimsy and snapped on the first day. I can only assume that this is an error on the user's part - perhaps too much force - as the light holders are sturdy and have not yet (touch wood!) suffered any damage. Considering the price, the included batteries, sturdiness, removability and easy-attachment*, it is a very good buy and one that I would highly recommend.