Profile for Knitmadmum > Reviews

Content by Knitmadmum

Knitmadmum "A DS addict and Pokemaniac!" (Herts, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Knitting Mochimochi
Knitting Mochimochi
by Anna Hrachovec

5.0 out of 5 stars Strange but fun!, 29 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Knitting Mochimochi (Paperback)
I loved this book! The items are quite easy to knit, although some use dpn's. It even makes things like power station chimneys cute!
All my boys want the monster slippers pictured on the front. I love knitting cute toys, and there are loads of things in here that are on my "to do" list!
Highly recommended for anyone that loves knitting unusual toys.

Knitted Fast Food (Twenty to Make)
Knitted Fast Food (Twenty to Make)
by Susie Johns

5.0 out of 5 stars Knitted Fast Food!, 15 Nov. 2010
This is a great book, especially for those of us who love knitting food! It has a few different types that are a bit above the usual knitted apples and tomatoes! The prawns have to be a favourite of mine, and the burger with all the trimmings is quite cool too. Highly recommended, and a good price too!

The Little Book of Wanking: The Definitive Guide to Man's Ultimate Relief
The Little Book of Wanking: The Definitive Guide to Man's Ultimate Relief
by Dick Palmer

4.0 out of 5 stars not quite what you'd think!, 15 Nov. 2010
I bought this for a male friend, sneaked a peek, and decided it wasn't for girl's eyes! Lots of euphemisms for the act, some jokes, no helpful hints though!

World of Knitted Toys
World of Knitted Toys
by Kath Dalmeny

5.0 out of 5 stars Knitted Toys book, 15 Nov. 2010
This review is from: World of Knitted Toys (Paperback)
I loved this book! The animals are quite realistic, and instructions are good. The characters are nice too, with several dress and accessory options, that can easily be adapted to any people you want to knit for. Highly recommended.

Mankini Official Borat Thong
Mankini Official Borat Thong

4.0 out of 5 stars Borat Thong, 15 Nov. 2010
I got this for a very good friend, who had just started at a gym. Before you get excited at the thought, he's a "cuddly" type, and it was just as a joke! He is a 54" chest, and it still stretched to fit, although apparantly felt like being sliced with a cheese wire! I asked permission to send a photo, but it was denied! Good fun for anyone, but don't expect it to be put on more than once!

Tefal Quick Cup - Hot and Cold Water in 3 Seconds
Tefal Quick Cup - Hot and Cold Water in 3 Seconds

4.0 out of 5 stars This is great for me, if not for others!, 25 Jan. 2008
I am disabled, and I find this a super thing! If there is no-one to make me tea, this is by my bed, and I just have to have a small bottle of milk, and some tea bags near, and I'm away!
I know it doesn't boil, but mine certainly makes it hot enough to make my tea. I do like it very weak, so maybe this is why.
if you are bed bound, and do not want to have to rely on others all the time, this is perfect. I don't drink coffee, so I can't say what that is like.
I used to have a Tassimo next to the bed, but the cost in tea discs was too much, even though it is a great machine...better for coffee drinkers though I think. The Quick Cup is quieter, and so much quicker, and it actually dispenses a mug full, instead of having to faff about putting more in with the Tassimo.
I love it, and wouldn't be without it. Maybe I'm not as picky as other reviewers!

Wrapstar Love Hearts Graphic Skin for DS Lite (Nintendo DS)
Wrapstar Love Hearts Graphic Skin for DS Lite (Nintendo DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent non sticky Sticky Stuff, 22 Dec. 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this, as it was a good price,and I liked the look of it. When I got it and put it on, I was very impressed. It fit my DS Lite perfectly, unlike other skins I have tried. All the holes etc. were in the right places, and everything was exactly right.
I dreaded having to take it off though, as it was quite easy to fit, I thought the removal would be a nightmare...but no! All the pieces came off in one go, and really did leave no residue!
I only took it off as my son was going to have it, and he doesn't like pink, but I thought I'd have to spend ages cleaning off goo, but there was nothing to clean! It literaly looked like new.
This shows the claims are true, and also how much it did actually protect my DS.
I would reccommend any of this seller's skins, as they are second to none. You won't be disappointed!

March Of The Penguins (Nintendo DS)
March Of The Penguins (Nintendo DS)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nothing like the film, but fun nonetheless!, 25 Nov. 2007
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this because I liked the film, and play a lot of DS games. You have to get all the penguins from the water to various places, using a selection of things to help you, like bridges to get over chasms, bouncy things to get onto ledges etc. You do have about 50 penguins though, and while you are working out how to get past the next obstacle, the ones that have passed where you are, turn around and go back to the water, getting in the way of the bits you are trying to place for the others!
I can see it would become addictive to try to get further, but I got fed up because I wasn't allowed to use the "bit" I thought was needed to overcome an obstacle, and no matter what I tried, I couldn't get past it.
I seem to remember another game very similar to this, although not using penguins, from the Megadrive era, so if you like scrolling types of games, and can think far far ahead, you'd like this!
The only reason it didn't get 5 stars, is because I was expecting something more like the film, but as a game on its own, you won't want to put it down! (I'll just have ONE more go to do it, and that turns into another hour at it!!)

Zendoku (Nintendo DS)
Zendoku (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Games Heaven

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun game for all levels of sudoku-ers, 25 Nov. 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Zendoku (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I bought this game because I love sudoku, and it looked a bit different.
There are two bits to the game, regular sudoku with numbers, and the better part of the game, where you choose a character from about 12, and they fight their way through the other characters by playing sudoku. The difference is that there are pictures, instead of numbers. This does make it a bit harder to start with, because you aren't used to it, but soon becomes second nature. The games start off very easy, so even children would find it easy, but the later charcters are quite challenging! Something which makes your "fight" harder, is that if you take too long, or make a mistake, your opponent sends a challenge to you, which you have to do using the unique abilities of the DS, and you cannot carry on with the game until you have done the challenge, which uses up more of your time limit!
As soon as you have completed one character's fights, more characters open up, and you can go through the whole game with all of them.
I would recommend this game to anyone who likes sudoku, and it is more fun than you would think!

Touchmaster (Nintendo DS)
Touchmaster (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Netro Enterprise

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic game for Timewasting!!, 7 July 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this game as it had quite a few games I liked the look of, but as is common with "selection of games" type games, I expected there to be only a few of the games that you actually want to play more than once!
How wrong could I have been?
Many of the games are well known, but cannot be named by brand-names!
Yahtzee = 5 Star Generals and Pick up 6
Tetris = Crystal Balls (but this one is a bit more fun, and easier!)
Power Cell = Freecell or Spider Solitaire!
Wordz is a hangman type phrase game.
Nearly all of these games are great fun, and use up more than a few minutes of bored-time! Most can be 1 or 2 player, and you also can link up wirelessly over the internet. If you get super high scores, you can publish them on the web too!
I thoroughly enjoyed playing this, and its one of those games that everyone wants " Just one more go!!" Its unlikely to get put away for quite a while! Definitly something for everyone, whether you have 2 minutes at the bus stop, or an hour to kill at the doctor's!
My only disappointment was that the Trivia game is VERY Americanised! I had no absolutely no idea about some of the questions!
I would recommend this for any age from 5 to 100. Everyone will find something they like! Buy it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3