Profile for GiantKiller > Reviews

Suck It And See
Suck It And See
Offered by Side Two

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost Gave Up, 11 Aug 2011
This review is from: Suck It And See (Audio CD)
I have always been a fan of Arctic Monkeys. The fast paced, thunderous guitar. The toetapping rythm. They were truly a Rock deviant in modern musical culture!

But recent work such as the HumBug Album let me down. The slow paced songs and monotonous tones were almost broing to listen to and it dissapointed me as Arctic Monkeys had so recently been so wild and violently catchy... Then this Album came out and to be honest my reaction was... YEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!! YES YES YES!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!

The odd lyrics, never making sense but utterly enjoyable to listen to, combine with an Indie undertone which ressonates through out the album allowing the Arctic Monkeys to create slower songs with out boring the audience! This gob smacking album is The Return of The Arctic Monkeys as I know and Love them.

Last Night on Earth
Last Night on Earth
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars A style of their own., 11 Aug 2011
This review is from: Last Night on Earth (Audio CD)
My girlfriend recently bought the (Im not gonna lie) frankly aweful First Days of Spring and after a few listens I only grew an attatchment to one of their songs: Blue Skies. I respect the fact that the album was an expression of sorrow and a serious musical chapter in their musical careers but as an Album for public consuption it let me down...

However having heard Blue Skies and having enjoyed the mellow, Indie rythm with thoughtful Lyrics I held a respect for Noah & The Whale and my respect was rewarded with this Album.

Last Night On Earth is by far my most listened to, most admired and favourite Album I have ever purchased. Noah & The Whale, as if in retaliation to reviews on their previous Album, reward their devoted fans with a monumental contribution to the Indie Genre! The utterly enjoyable lyrics and unmistakable voice of the Lead Singer create a quite essentally Indie Album that has given modern culture a taste of the earthy, guitary roots of past musical culture whilst providing catchy and uplifting undertones for popular listening. THIS ALBUM ROCKS! Basically.

Barbara
Barbara

5.0 out of 5 stars Barbara Blew My Mind!, 11 Aug 2011
This review is from: Barbara (Audio CD)
This climax of Music frivilance took me by surprise! I only purchased this CD out of interest after purchasing their recent With Love and Squalor Album and having listened to Rules Dont Stop Me and thuroughly enjoying it, I thought I'd give it a go.

Not only did it exceed my expectations musically but the insert slip also provided a humourous and personalised edge to the CD case which I think gives an insight into the perhaps surreal but ground breaking ideas of We Are Scientists. If you like catchy, up beat Indie Rock then this is the ideal album for you.

With Love And Squalor
With Love And Squalor
Offered by TwoRedSevens

4.0 out of 5 stars Tribute to With Love and Squalor!, 11 Aug 2011
This review is from: With Love And Squalor (Audio CD)
This CD introduced me to the world of We Are Scientists with stunningly catchy hits like Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt and The Scene is Dead. They blew my mind with their darkened Indie genre: A refreshing take on popular Indie Rock today... This CD, however catchy, doesnt live up to the even catchier tunes and comic ideas of their later Barbara release but does entail a product of key importance in the perspective view of the artistic developments of We Are Scientists and for this I think it deserves your attention as a listener to their down right awesome music!