Profile for Mickey B > Reviews

Content by Mickey B

Mickey B (London, United Kingdom)

Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season 6 [1992] [Blu-ray]
Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season 6 [1992] [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Patrick Stewart

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 22 July 2014
A great season, but at £59.00 (you're having a laugh) it's too expensive! I don't mind waiting!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2014 8:19 PM BST

Survivors - Series 1-3 Box Set [DVD] [1975]
Survivors - Series 1-3 Box Set [DVD] [1975]
Dvd ~ Denis Lill

5.0 out of 5 stars Real gold from the 70s!, 17 Jan 2014
I was a few years too young to watch the show when it was first on the BBC in the 70s, but after enjoying the BBC remake a few years ago, and the fact that Amazon was selling all 3 series at a very good price, I decided to take the plunge and treat myself to the boxset. It was one of the best decisions I have made!

The show makes you think; how you survive if you suddenly found yourself in a world where you had to bake your own bread, make your clothes, had no clean water on tap, had no medicines, and the gadgets we had today were not longer available?

Cleverly written, well acted and thought provoking, treat yourself and be grateful it's only story and couldn't happen...could it?!!

Les Maîtres du temps [Masters of Cinema] [1982] [DVD]
Les Maîtres du temps [Masters of Cinema] [1982] [DVD]
Dvd ~ René Laloux
Offered by bestmediagroup

4.0 out of 5 stars Great adventure with a twist, 8 Dec 2013
I saw this on the BBC about 20 years ago and I have never forgotten it! An intelligent sci-fi film with a twist that would give Star Trek: The Next Generation a run for its money!! It only gets 4 stars because it hasn't got the English soundtrack, but GET IT...you won't regret it!!

Star Trek - Enterprise: Season 3 [Blu-ray]
Star Trek - Enterprise: Season 3 [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Scott Bakula

4.0 out of 5 stars Good season, but too expensive!!, 14 Nov 2013
Season 3 was my favourite season. It contained the season long Zindi ark, but £50.00 is far too expensive!!! I think I'll stick with my DVD copy for now.

Nando's PERi-PERi Chip Sprinkle 70g (Pack of 2)
Nando's PERi-PERi Chip Sprinkle 70g (Pack of 2)
Offered by Swift Stock

1.0 out of 5 stars £10 for two jars!, 11 Jan 2013
You are having a laugh! I could buy 5 jars in Tescos for £1.98 each for what you are charging!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 23, 2013 1:21 PM GMT

They Came From Beyond Space [DVD]
They Came From Beyond Space [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Hutton

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks like a 3rd generation video copy!, 30 Dec 2011
The story is an enjoyable story from Amicus. It reminds me of a poor man's Invasion of the Bodysnatchers. However the quality of the DVD transfer is dire! I haven't seen such poor quality transfers since watching old video in the 1980s! I am surprised that my DVD player didn't "spit" out the disc in disgust!

[....]