Profile for Matt B. > Reviews

Matt B.

Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones - Black
Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, but not sure about longevity, 23 Dec. 2013
These are very good earphones for the price. The sound quality is very good and they do a decent job of blocking out external noise. The fit is perfect and they are very comfortable. However, the first set I purchased only lasted a couple of months. Although I never pulled it out of the socket from the wire, I lost the connection between the plug and wire so that I needed to fiddle with the top of the plug to get any sound and it usually came through only one earphone. I bought a second pair and promptly lost it, so I'll attempt another set and hope it'll last longer than the first.

The Hogwarts Library Boxed Set including Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them
The Hogwarts Library Boxed Set including Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them
by J.K. Rowling

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor production quality, 23 Dec. 2013
I can't speak for the content as this item was purchased as a gift and I have not read the books, but I can say the quality of the production of these books is quite poor. The first set I ordered contained stains and mildew on several pages of one of the books. The first replacement had two pages attached to each other because they were not properly trimmed at the printer. The second replacement had several pages attached with a rubbery glue. The pages were fairly easily separated so I kept the third set, however none of the three sets I received were of the mint quality I would expect from new books. These books are printed in China undoubtedly to lower costs. I've had experience with Chinese printers and their quality standards are not as high as can be found elsewhere. Be warned you may have exchange this item a couple of times to get a decent one. You may want to consider giving yourself that time if you're purchasing this as a gift.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 12, 2014 1:49 PM GMT