Profile for Little Poem > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Zee's Alphabet - Learn to write the Arabic Alphabet
Zee's Alphabet - Learn to write the Arabic Alphabet

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for adult learners too!, 21 Jun. 2015
This app is useful for adult learners too..... I used it in conjunction with Tengugo Arabic Alphabet app and it helped reinforce what I was learning as it shows you how to draw the letters and then you can repeatedly practice them by drawing directly onto the tablet.

It would be a 5* if it also included the initial, middle and final forms of the letters too.... in fact I would pay for a plus version of the app which included this!

TenguGo Arabic Alphabet
TenguGo Arabic Alphabet

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent app for learning the Arabic Alphabet, 21 Jun. 2015
This review is from: TenguGo Arabic Alphabet (App)
Fantastic app! The lessons are bite size, not giving you too much information at one time. I did reading and writing lessons in parallel because I learn more quickly if I can physically reproduce the letter. Each reading lesson is followed by a randomized quiz, which really helps reinforce what you've learnt. I love the simple matter of fact, no fuss explanations.

My only gripe is that the app itself sometimes has trouble opening up, both on my kindle and android phone... this only happens with the Tengugo apps - something for their technical department to look at? The problem is solved by accessing the app through the apps store... no need to reinstall, it just seems to 'reboot' it.

I am now following the Tengugo 1 language app, but I would love to see a bridging follow-up app that focuses on reading only to help improve fluency of reading, and to learn how to read in different Arabic fonts. I have tried to apply my reading skills to Arabic News headlines (I'm not bothered that I don't know what the words mean just yet), but I am completely at sea - they seem to bare a passing relationship to the clear Arabic script I've learnt so far, so a 'transitional' app would be really welcome!

Rosetta Stone, 12 Months Online Access. Choose Your Language.
Rosetta Stone, 12 Months Online Access. Choose Your Language.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rosetta Stone technical support is horrendous. If you are ..., 11 May 2015
Rosetta Stone technical support is horrendous. If you are not prepared to spend literally hours on the phone - avoid! Today even technical support off line with... technical problems! And the phone number I have been given to call them tomorrow is 'not recognised'. Technical support don't seem to know their own products as well as one might hope. Very disappointing - 5 days later I am still unable to use my course.

Rosetta Stone French Complete Course
Rosetta Stone French Complete Course

Learn Languages: Rosetta Stone
Learn Languages: Rosetta Stone

1.0 out of 5 stars The Amazon version of the App does NOT link into your other device accounts for Rosetta Stone, 9 May 2015
Beware! Amazon has no provision for in app purchase of units beyond the free trial version. If you purchase more units from Google Play using another device, you will NOT be able to access them on your Kindle - the Kindle account will not recognize your Rosetta Stone account.

This is an on going problem with many apps from the Amazon App Store.

Kindle Fire HDX 7", HDX Display, Wi-Fi, 16 GB - Includes Special Offers (Previous Generation - 3rd)

1.0 out of 5 stars Very limited if you want to use your Kindle for apps., 8 May 2015
Kindle fire works fine as a tablet, but a huge disadvantage is that it will not allow you to download from Google Play. This would be fine if Amazon app store offered the full range of apps that google play does, but it has no where near the same choice, and some of the apps it does stock are hopelessly out of date.

This has been frustrating from day 1, but even more so now I have just paid £90 for a language course, which runs fine on my phone, but won't on my kindle because the Kindle app store only stocks an old version of the app I require. I really wish I had put my money into an android tablet instead - I am sure it would have been for a more flexible device.

Catit Jumbo Hooded Cat Pan/ Litter Tray / Litter Box, 57 x 46 x 43cm - White Tiger Pattern
Offered by Aquapet

4.0 out of 5 stars Generally pleased with product, 29 Mar. 2015
Certainly great for neutralizing errant odours, but even the deep tray and door doesn't stop our kitten from kicking litter out onto the floor.... but think this is the best we can do. Door does stick occasionally if lid put back wrong, but nothing our energetic kitten can't deal with. Good access design for easy cleaning and maintenance in between.

Ladies Designer Seamed Button Fasten Thermal Fleece Lined Leather Driving Glove Black M/L
Offered by Discount Leather Mart

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value., 29 Mar. 2015
Good value for money. Soft enough for driving, but more robust than some better known brands I've used before. Perhaps not quite as aesthetically pleasing, but I prefer them to be functional first and foremost.

Black Leather Watch Strap Band With A Stitched Edging 12mm
Black Leather Watch Strap Band With A Stitched Edging 12mm
Offered by NIGHT STAR

2.0 out of 5 stars Functions, but not comfortable., 29 Mar. 2015
Strap very short and stitching bulky and uncomfortable in places. I won't be ordering a watch strap on line again as it's too hard to gauge the quality.

Dog, Cat Feeding Bowls, Plastic Tray 3 Bowls
Dog, Cat Feeding Bowls, Plastic Tray 3 Bowls
Offered by Essex & Suffolk Pet Solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Mar. 2015
Great for our cat - keeps spills in tray, 3rd bowl useful.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5