Profile for 12heavens > Reviews

Content by 12heavens

12heavens

Tourniquet quick release buckle Green (5GM006095)
Tourniquet quick release buckle Green (5GM006095)
Offered by Muzamedical

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what I expect a good tourniquet to do, 4 July 2015
Just the thing I wanted. Works well. Colour unique (to separate it from all the blue ones on the ward!). Good release. Fast delivery and good price.

Ravel Polished Chrome Nurses Fob Watch
Ravel Polished Chrome Nurses Fob Watch

1.0 out of 5 stars Keeps stopping and starting - unreliable product, do not buy!, 4 Mar. 2015
Terrible. Opened it as soon as it arrived, took the safety bit of plastic out and the watch worked. Next day, found that the watch had stopped. Started to work again the next day so figured it would be okay and got Amazon to extend the refund deadline. That deadline of 1 extra month passed and six months down the line the watch has stopped working again. Disappointing product - do not buy! Get yourself a cheap £2 rubber/infection control one and save yourself the hassle of this horribly unreliable watch.

50/50 (2011) [DVD]
50/50 (2011) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Offered by Direct-Offers-UK-FBA

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price for a niche film, 4 Oct. 2012
This review is from: 50/50 (2011) [DVD] (DVD)
This film isn't mainstream so when the first search popped up at over £10 I wasn't exactly pleased. I normally only buy with Amazon (more secure, in my opinion) but I saw the cheaper price with encore records so that did it for me. Pleased with speed of delivery (a few days) and happy with the condition of the DVD. Comes in a little cardboard slot (quite fancy, good for displaying proudly on my uni mantlepiece) with the DVD sealed and packaged inside.

As for the film, there are 3 points going for it: 1) JGL is in it, 2) Seth Rogen is hilarious and 3) I'm a medic and therefore I root for the main subject of this film - fighting cancer.

Indoor Star Fairy Lights with 30 Warm White LEDs by Lights4fun
Indoor Star Fairy Lights with 30 Warm White LEDs by Lights4fun
Offered by Lights4fun

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely uni room decor, 4 Oct. 2012
Been searching for some fairy lights for a while. Came across these star shaped ones so put an order in. Impressed with speed of delivery (much quicker than expected, only a few days). Plastic stars are matt texture and have a blue-ish tint when the lights are off. When lights are on the colour is warm. Clear wires is a plus. Cable length is the only downside; should be long enough (just, for most purposes) but my uni room is quite large and I'm using an extension lead. A little on the pricey side but quite worth it just for mood lighting and the unique shape (can't seem to find many star shaped fairy lights around).

First Love - Bonus Edition
First Love - Bonus Edition

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and simple - great for background music, thoughtful enough for listening to, 29 Nov. 2011
Background music when studying, when brushing my teeth, when getting ready to go out. Whenever, really.

It's a chilled-out album that you can put on without it distracting you too much; when you want to actually listen to it, the lyrics are so thoughtful and heart-felt that you can't help but put certain songs on repeat.

The Easter Parade and 24 are my particular favourites and I could listen to 24 on repeat all day, just Emmy's unpretentious voice and her acoustic guitar, no extras. What's more, Emmy's voice is not autotuned, which I found refreshing. She also has the type of voice that merges well with basically anyone else's voice, so it's difficult not to find yourself singing along rather happily.

At around a fiver, I was really happy with this album and it looks great propped up on my desk (I've taken the booklet out, so you can see the CD inside, which is nice). Definitely looking to find more music like this!