Profile for Music fan > Reviews

Music fan (UK)

The Beast In Its Tracks
The Beast In Its Tracks

5.0 out of 5 stars So much talent..., 30 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Beast In Its Tracks (Audio CD)
I have loved everything this talented young man has recorded. This most recent album would be worth buying just for "Joy to you Baby" alone. Josh consistently makes wonderful music... his songs are clever, thought provoking, gentle and soothing...or just plain entertaining. I met him some years ago... what a genuinely nice guy. I wish he toured more in the UK!

Bittersweet (Special Edition Box Set)
Bittersweet (Special Edition Box Set)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful album, 16 Dec 2011
'Bittersweet' is a wonderful album. Here are lyrics that are moving and uplifting, melodies that stay in the head all day, and stunning arrangements played with great skill. The extra disc in the box set is also superb. Clive Gregson deserves a much wider audience. Enjoy the album, and catch him in concert!

Picture it in Cross Stitch (A David & Charles Craft Book)
Picture it in Cross Stitch (A David & Charles Craft Book)
by Jo Verso

5.0 out of 5 stars In my opinion, definitive..., 12 Nov 2011
This was the first Jo Verso book, and the first Cross Stitch book I ever bought. I didn't get this one from Amazon... I was lucky enough to find a signed copy in a shop in Stratford on Avon, and at the time I'd never heard of her. What a find! In my opinion Jo Verso was (and remains) the leading voice in Cross Stitch design. Her instructions and ideas are timeless, adaptable and clear to follow. This book is terrific and I would recommend it to anyone interested in Cross Stitch, especially those beginning to stitch, and anyone keen to produce their own designs. I bought subsequent volumes as they appeared and loved them all. I am saddened that she has gone and there will be no more.

Forward Into Reverse
Forward Into Reverse

5.0 out of 5 stars A real treat!, 26 Aug 2010
'Forward Into Reverse' is a great new (download only) Gregson album! In my opinion, it's up there with the best of his back catalogue. There are lots of really memorable tracks in this collection...fabulous arrangements, great 'hooks' and as always real quality and range. I love it!

The Best of Clive Gregson
The Best of Clive Gregson

5.0 out of 5 stars Not to be missed, 5 May 2009
Clive Gregson is, in my opinion, one of the most outstanding singer/songwriters around today. This album showcases his vocal, musical and writing talent in all its breadth and depth, from the rock and roll of his Any Trouble days through the acclaimed Gregson and Collister period, to his present solo career. Rock songs that wouldn't be out of place in the current charts sit alongside the most soulful and moving ballads. Highly recommended!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 15, 2010 7:06 PM BST

Where Are All the Nice Girls?
Where Are All the Nice Girls?
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars Catch this..., 30 Nov 2008
Goodness knows how I missed "Any Trouble" back in the 80s. I discovered them much later and I have to say that this album was hardly back in the case once I'd heard it. There isn't a track I couldn't enthuse about. I love it! What's more, the band reformed last year for a fabulous new album "Life in Reverse"...check it out!

Life In Reverse
Life In Reverse
Offered by Parade Records & CDs

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 29 Nov 2008
This review is from: Life In Reverse (Audio CD)
A very welcome return from "Any Trouble". The early albums are, in my opinion, just brilliant and, for me, this is right up there with them. More!