Profile for DJ > Reviews

Flight of the Crow
Flight of the Crow
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting and beautiful album, 18 April 2013
This review is from: Flight of the Crow (MP3 Download)
I'd never heard of Passenger until my friend dragged me along to a performance in a Cafe Nero about a year ago, and I dread to think what my life would have become had I decided to not go along. His music is perfect, and the intelligent thoughtful lyrics he writes are very hard to come by in contemporary music nowadays. This album is my favourite of his, as the songs are wonderfully crafted and he duets with artists that he discovered while travelling around Australia. It's uplifting, feel good, clever and just a joy to listen to.

90s Anthems
90s Anthems
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 12.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Great compilation, 6 April 2012
This review is from: 90s Anthems (Audio CD)
This compilation album has a nice variety of songs from the 90s, and proves what a great decade for music the 90s was.

Blue Skies, Broken Hearts... Next 12 Exits
Blue Skies, Broken Hearts... Next 12 Exits
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 9.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, not disappointed in the slightest, 13 Nov 2011
I bought this as a birthday present for a bandmate of mine who has been a bit low lately, having never heard of the band or any of the songs. I'd read good reviews and heard that this was a fantastic bit of punk-pop, so after it arrived, I listened to it. Three times through. It was that good. Imaginative lyrics and satisfying riffs make songs like "I Won't Spend Another Night Alone", "San Dimas High School Football Rules", and "The Last Song I Will Ever Write About A Girl" my personal favourites from the album.

Money well spent, and I might even keep it rather than give it as a present!

LocoRoco 2 (PSP)
LocoRoco 2 (PSP)
Offered by DEP.PRODUCTS
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 100/10, 6 Jan 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LocoRoco 2 (PSP) (Video Game)
This is a wonderfully imaginative game, with lots of things to do, even after you've beaten the game. Would highly recommend.

LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
Offered by MediaMerchants
Price: 7.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, but a few problems., 4 Jan 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LittleBigPlanet (PSP) (Video Game)
There is no question, this game is an immensely awesome game, with graphics that are hard to beat, great sound and music, and of course, Stephen Fry telling you how to do everything. It has 4 sections you can do, which unlock as you explore the story and different features of the game. The first is the Story Mode, in which you can also play levels you have downloaded of the Community Moon, which I'll come onto later. The story mode is not as short as I had expected, I believe there are a bit more than 20 levels, but I have not counted. They are all very complexly designed, which I realised when I tried creating my own levels in the My Moon part of the game. This is where you can create your own levels and edit, play, and publish your levels. publishing your levels is when you connect to the internet and place them on the community moon, so other people can download, play, and rate them. In the community moon, you must have an internet connection and a PSP Store account to get on it. Once you are on it, you can browse or search through the hundreds of created levels, downloading them only takes two seconds. Finally, there is My Pod. This is where you can view news, change you creators avatar, and change the appearance of your sackboy. You can do this in the middle of levels, but this feature is zoomed in a lot, so you can see the costume in more detail. There are a few more extra things in the game, but I won't go into too fine detail.
So to sum up, these are my Pros and Cons.
PROS
-Fantastic graphics
-Great music and sound
-Easy to use level creator
-Imaginative levels
-Lots of collectibles.
-The team that make it update it regularly, you can update the game via the internet, even on the UMD version.
CONS
-I have had a number of problems with the game crashing in the middle of the level creator, and at one point I could not play any levels, for it would crash and turn the PSP off every time the level tried to load. I solved this by deleting the game data, but it still freezes occasionly.

So, to summarise, I would highly advise this game, hopefull the problems with mine are just a one off fault.
Fantasticaly designed.