ARRAY(0xa2f36e58)

Profile for Maroun H. Khoury > Reviews

Content by Maroun H. Khoury

Maroun H. Khoury (Lebanon)

Page: 1 | 2
Jew Must Die, A
Jew Must Die, A
by Jacques Chessex
Price: 6.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 2 April 2012
This review is from: Jew Must Die, A (Paperback)
I am not going to write a spoiler or an articulated review. I believe that this book is excellent and a joy to read ... When I turned down the last page and till date (2 weeks ago) I could not stop thinking about the marvelous description of the era. It made me want to plan a trip to Switzerland soon ...

Vampire of Ropraz, The
Vampire of Ropraz, The
by Jacques Chessex
Price: 5.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 15 Mar 2012
This review is from: Vampire of Ropraz, The (Paperback)
Loved it by all means ... First book I read from the author and I am currently on devouring its next "Jew must die". One thing I noted is the translation , I think the choice of words is exaggerated ..

The Shadow Of The Wind
The Shadow Of The Wind
by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Price: 6.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb and Breathtaking, 2 Nov 2011
This review is from: The Shadow Of The Wind (Paperback)
Simply one of the best books I have read since a year.This book made it to my "favorite books of all Time" list just right next to "Alone in Berlin". I can not recommend it enough.

Hana's Suitcase
Hana's Suitcase
by Karen Levine

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but no great expectations, 3 Nov 2010
This review is from: Hana's Suitcase (Paperback)
Picked up the book following my interest in the WW2 era.A fun read for people not well acquainted with the era I suppose ... Suitable for Children or adolescents interested in WW2 era specially the holocaust.

Last Train from Kummersdorf
Last Train from Kummersdorf
by Leslie Wilson
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I simply couldn't put it down, 17 Oct 2010
Articulated and an excellent book. I believe it describes the end of war terror perfectly.

Alone in Berlin (Penguin Modern Classics)
Alone in Berlin (Penguin Modern Classics)
by Geoff Wilkes
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I simply couldn't put it down .. Brilliant, 21 Sep 2010
I must confess I am an avid World War 2 tracker and pretty much interested in everything around it. I believe this book describes perfectly the atrocities of the Nazi regime towards their own people. The book opens in 1940 and Berlin is in Terror ... 2 meaningless people receives news about their son falling in France and the story kicks in.... The Translation captures the Author's style and delivers the story true meaning ... My word for this book is Brilliant

I would highly recommend it to anyone interested in the World War 2 era ... True historical gem for what really happened in Germany

Sum: Forty Tales from the Afterlives
Sum: Forty Tales from the Afterlives
by David Eagleman
Price: 7.26

4.0 out of 5 stars Different , strange but very interesting, 2 Dec 2009
As per the book reviews , this is definitely an unusual book at least for me. the stories are not related though they diverge to the same stream of thoughts. Life after Death is pretty illustrated in this book showing the reader various versions of the afterlife. I recommend to anyone who would like to venture into something new and really unusual.

Marware Sportsuit Sensor + Case for Nike + iPod Sport Kit
Marware Sportsuit Sensor + Case for Nike + iPod Sport Kit
Offered by MP3 Accessories
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 Dec 2009
I am a runner and on my 35th birthday my wife gave me an IPOD 5G while checking it out I learned about the Nike+ sensor feature that sync with the IPOD. Being a huge fan of ASICS running shoes I did not want to buy a nike shoes to plug the sensor in .I searched and came across this wonderful pouch. It works like charm ...

The Passport (Masks)
The Passport (Masks)
by Herta Muller
Price: 5.59

1.0 out of 5 stars Not my Type of books, 2 Dec 2009
This review is from: The Passport (Masks) (Paperback)
I am sure this book was well received by critics and the author did get the Noble Prize but I failed to read this book on many attempts. It is just boring to me. Maybe the English translation did not deliver the author message. I am not sure why but I am not fond of this book
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 15, 2009 11:26 AM GMT

The Lost Symbol (Robert Langdon)
The Lost Symbol (Robert Langdon)
by Dan Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars Page Turner ...But not the Da Vinci code, 18 Oct 2009
I picked it up from Amazon as soon as it was released.Very informative in terms of Ancient Mysteries and Symbols. The core story ends around page 450, The remaining 57 pages are just a boring extension to the book also The epilogue was out of this world.

I did not expect the Da Vinci code (and I was not disappointed on this one) but I was expecting more ...

Read it if you like to get a grip of ancient religions and mysteries but do not expect a full fledged masterpiece.

Page: 1 | 2