ARRAY(0xadaceeac)

Belly Dancing: unlock the Secret Power of an Ancient Dance
by Rosina-Fawzia Al-Rawi
Price: 8.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Dance of Life, 24 Nov 2005
This is quite the best book I have read on the subject. It is very well written which is a joy and rare nowadays. It tells one where the dance comes from - both its roots and within the body. I wish I had had this book ten years ago when I started to learn the dance. All the teachers I came into contact with denied that it was anything except jolly yummy movements - no meaning, no inner reality - however, the same teachers all maintained that it was High Art. I often wondered whether they knew something I didn't but having read this book I doubt whether they did. Rosina-Fawzia writes intelligently for thinking, feeling people. Brilliant; you can go far with this book.

Runes: Signs of the Goddess - A Woman's Guide
Runes: Signs of the Goddess - A Woman's Guide
by Susan Gitlin-Emmer

5.0 out of 5 stars A thought-provoking book, 16 Mar 2005
When I bought this book I was working on a Goddess theme and also studying the runes and everything I found out about the runes was male-orientated. Now, if you have been trained in the usual approach to runes you may well hate this book but read with an open mind and without too many preconceptions it provides a lot of food for thought. One may end up convinved one was right after all, or it may show another way of seeing a particular aspect of the runes - or the Goddess.
All the runes are discussed from a female, and Goddess, point of view so some men may well feel there is nothing here for them. That doesn't matter, after all there are hundreds of books on runes written from a masculine perspective - although some will try to claim to be all-inclusive. This book will certainly give women a different way of understanding the runes and a feeling that the runes belong to us too.
Read it first, then if you think it is a load of rubbish give it away. Someone somewhere will find it very useful indeed.

Power of the Runes Deck
Power of the Runes Deck
by Voenix
Price: 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun cards that really can be read, 24 Sep 2004
As a tarot reader of many many years I am always drawn to cards and when I saw these I simply had to have them - they made me laugh. The art work is unlike any other cards I have seen and at first I regarded them as a curiosity. However, I have used runes for a long time too and began to give the cards a chance to prove themselves which they did with great success. Each picture is designed to show the meaning of the rune and they are very successful. However, there are some oddities. A bright green naked lady breastfeeding a baby for one! In the ornate borders there are medallions that show the rune itself, the sound associated with it and it's number. The name of the rune is written in runes at the top. The booklet that comes with them is pretty minimal but covers the basics and the artist includes a 25th rune,Yr, which you can use or leave out. They wouldn't do for someone with inflexible ideas about the runes or who is fussy about the art work - men with big hair, massive shoulders and calves and tiny waists. They are a hoot, I love them and they really are readable! Well done Voenix.

Helping Yourself with Numerology (Reward Classics)
Helping Yourself with Numerology (Reward Classics)
by Hitchcock

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and thorough book, 17 Mar 2004
I liked this book very much indeed. It is well laid out, clearly explained and matter of fact. My one quibble would be that, having said she is explaining how to use numerology for predictions she obscures some of the methods and analysis. However, that apart, it is a book for sensible people and I enjoyed it. It is an updated version of her previous book Your Number Please (now long out of print) which I thought, in many ways, was better. Many of the number analyses were more comprehensive and she covered some different topics. Which ever one you read will give you a good grounding in numerology.