Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Voyage Shop Now Shop now
Profile for Beansmummy > Reviews

Content by Beansmummy
Top Reviewer Ranking: 257

Beansmummy (Oxfordshire, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Crayola Sketch Wizard Kit
Crayola Sketch Wizard Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 23 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Crayola Sketch Wizard Kit (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very fun and rewarding toy. My 7 year old found this easy to use, and has produced some fantastic work. She is very patient; not sure if this would stand up to all children. I've also had a go; very successfully!

Beach Mix Sea Shells 150g small and medium seashells by Flowerhour
Beach Mix Sea Shells 150g small and medium seashells by Flowerhour
Offered by Sco Logic Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely shells, 19 Aug. 2015
Nice selection of common shells. A few broken on arrival; no big deal. Look lovely atop a layered sandy base around candles in hurricane lamps.

Tefal Infiny Force Hand Blender with Sauce Attachment, 700 W
Tefal Infiny Force Hand Blender with Sauce Attachment, 700 W

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 19 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Huge fan of this blender. Really easy to use, and makes fantastic mayonnaise. Could not be more pleased. No problem to clean, easy to attach and remove the various bits. Love it. Great value, brilliant product.

AEG 5 Series EWA5300-U Cordless Kettle 2400 W - Stainless Steel/Black
AEG 5 Series EWA5300-U Cordless Kettle 2400 W - Stainless Steel/Black

5.0 out of 5 stars We like this. It has replaced our ageing but functional ..., 31 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We like this. It has replaced our ageing but functional Morphy Richards, and is so far up to scratch. Looks more sleek and modern, but is slightly lower capacity, and for a big family this is an issue and has been noticed. Boils reasonably quickly, though slower than some. I like the lid, which flips up and does not have to be removed for filling. With a toddler in the house the cool wall promise was appealing, but sadly falls short, and the kettle is still hot to touch. I do like the handle, which provides an easy, pleasing grip, doesn't hurt your hand and feels secure.
Overall looks nice, works well, good price, doesn't quite meet its promises, but still a good solid item.

Igenix Bayonet Cap 25 W Round Lamp, Pack of 10, Opal White
Igenix Bayonet Cap 25 W Round Lamp, Pack of 10, Opal White

5.0 out of 5 stars Straightforward good value bulbs, 24 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Good quality and excellent value. 10 bulbs, bayonet fitting. Suitable for night lights especially as the light is dim, but enough to see your way around the room at night. Not bright enough for reading. Low profile bulbs fit into small light fittings. Packaging looks rather cheap.

WOW Toys Holiday Countdown Calendar
WOW Toys Holiday Countdown Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toddler set, 22 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have already had the preschool countdown calendar, and it was a hit (the toys, not the countdown aspect) with my toddler, so we tried this one as well, and decided to do it properly. Assuming she, at 16 months, was too young to appreciate the countdown, we did it anyway, and she opened one door and received one of the ten new toys each day. She loved it, and it immediately became part of her daily routine to open a door after breakfast. Unfortunately this now means that she is still looking each morning for her calendar and toys, even though we are now on holiday.

We talked a bit more about our holiday each day, and she seemed to get the idea that something exciting would be happening at the end. An older child might easily get over-excited, I suspect; certainly we did not routinely tell my older ones, in their pre-school years, about upcoming holidays until the day before, because it just led to sleepless nights and endless conversations about how many more sleeps it was...

The toys, again, were a great success. She now has a collection of WOW toys in a bucket, which she delights in pouring out, placing the people carefully in the various boats etc, and playing with them, then collecting them all back into the bucket again. You get two people in beachy outfits, 5 different sea creatures (turtle, starfish, dolphin, clownfish, ray), a jet-ski and attaching boat and a diving thing (you launch the people off it). All are suitable for use in the bath.

The calendar itself it a bit like a shorter Advent calendar, with a daily door to open. There is also an activity sheet, more suited to a 3-5 year old. One door connects to another creating a chute, down which you can drop a character to appear at the bottom. It is quite expensive for a ten day calendar, but the toys will last longer than those in many advent calendars, and seem very appealing to a small toddler. I'd buy this as a gift, and would happily buy the WOW range again in future; the toys are particularly good for a very young child who still puts things in their mouth a lot.

Philips HR1868/81 Avance Collection Quick Clean Juicer, 2.5 Litre, 700 Watt - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, easy to clean, but lots of waste, 22 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My first juicer. We like it, and have so far tried melon, apple, strawberries, orange, peach and cherries, all successfully. It is quick, and the fruit requires little preparation as the input bit is wide so you can get, for example, a whole apple in it. The children (aged 11 and 7) find it simple to use. It is straightforward to put together, and very swift and easy to clean, provided you do so immediately after use and do not allow the juice and pulp to dry in the machine as it takes much longer to clean. So far the juice combinations we have tried have been delicious.

The downside is the waste. It produces a large quantity of very wet pulp as waste, and this seems, well, wasteful. The stuff tastes delicious still, and I want to find a good culinary use for it, as chucking it in the compost feels inappropriate. There are juicers purporting to produce less waste than this, but they are much more expensive.
All in all, this is a quick, easy-to-clean, fun family juicer. I just need a recipe now for endless pulpy fruit residue.

Braun Series 9 9040s Wet and Dry Electric Shaver
Braun Series 9 9040s Wet and Dry Electric Shaver

4.0 out of 5 stars Robust, sleek and impressive so far, 11 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Intuitive to use, and a pleasure to see the results. This is a really good shaver, which compares very favourably to those I have previously tried. Feels well made and robust, and looks sleek and handsome. So far the results have been great. It remains to be seen how well it will last, and I am not yet so well accustomed to it that I can give a really comprehensive review; will return when I have been using it for longer. So far, highly recommended.

Remington Reveal Facial Cleansing Brush
Remington Reveal Facial Cleansing Brush

5.0 out of 5 stars Rather lovely facial massaging action, 9 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Rather surprisingly I find I really like this product. I expected to find it an unnecessary hassle, but it's action feels like a massage and it has really helped my skin which is suffering through being in its early forties, and chronically sleep deprived thanks to my toddler. It has sloughed away dead skin which tends to accumulate in the deepening wrinkles, and brightened me up, so people seem to comment less often on how tired I'm looking! Yes it is yet another beauty gadget, but it's one I like so far, and can actually see myself continuing to use on a regular basis. So far, so good.

WOW Toys Pre-School Countdown Calendar
WOW Toys Pre-School Countdown Calendar

4.0 out of 5 stars Best bit is the toys, 6 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We liked this. The toys are a big hit with my 15 month old daughter, primarily for collecting up into a bucket and pouring out again, but she also puts the children in the seesaw, and places them carefully round the table. You get 10 small plastic toys in an Advent Calendar style box. You open a door each day to count down to the Event; in this case starting preschool. The child gets a themed toy in keeping with the event, so in this set, the toys include 2 children, a teacher, a clock, 2 scooters, a whiteboard, a rotating table with integral seats, a slide and a seesaw thingy. We thought my daughter was too young to appreciate the countdown one-toy-a-day aspect, but the set would be great for a slightly older child. There is also an activity sheet, more suited to a 3-4 year old. Much older, and they would not be interested in the toys, though, so there is quite a limited age range for which the set would be absolutely ideal.
All in all, a good idea, and great fun to start talking to a young child before starting preschool.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20