Profile for Beansmummy > Reviews

Content by Beansmummy
Top Reviewer Ranking: 317

Beansmummy (Oxfordshire, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
3M Cavilon Durable Barrier Cream, 92 g Tube
3M Cavilon Durable Barrier Cream, 92 g Tube

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent as a baby cream, 7 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Really good cream. I have used it on my baby's winter-chapped cheeks, and my own dry legs, crepey elbows, and my older children's mild eczema. It does not leave the skin looking or feeling greasy, but does an excellent job of moisturising and providing a barrier against cold weather.

Schmidt Anne Geddes Spring Awakening Premium Quality Panorama Jigsaw Puzzle (1000-Piece)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely puzzle, 7 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Lovely jigsaw; my children loved it. The 20 babies are like doing 20 miniature jigsaws, and this kept my children's interest, as they could do them quite quickly. We stalled a bit then, as the background is all very similar, and therefore much more challenging.
Overall a high quality and satisfying puzzle.

The Complete Guide to Drones
The Complete Guide to Drones
by Adam Juniper

5.0 out of 5 stars Great overview, 27 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Superb and comprehensive book, which has helped inform us very thoroughly and make a decision on which model to buy my nearly-teenager. It has been the focus of many of his daydreams for weeks. Great pictures, descriptions, and a fascinating read.

Naty Organic Nappy Bag
Naty Organic Nappy Bag

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely gift for a new mother, 12 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Overall, this is a very nice bag, and comes with a really useful pile of gifts inside, but I do have some mixed feelings about it...
Pros:
Large, capacious,
Lots of pockets for storage,
Useful as an overnight bag,
Not overtly a "baby bag"

Cons:
Fabric marks easily
Odd tasselly things at each end which serve no useful purpose
Much TOO large for me as an every day bag to lug around

Overall it would be a lovely gift for a new mum to receive (NB the included nappies are the first, newborn, size). My baby is a little older, but it is still very useful, just as a bag for longer trips/ overnight, rather than as a daily nappy changing bag.

Emjoi MICRO Nail Elegance Electric Nail Polisher
Emjoi MICRO Nail Elegance Electric Nail Polisher

4.0 out of 5 stars Unnecessary gadget, but a nice luxury item, 28 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Works well, but just a step too far for me; I find I prefer to manually buff my nails as it gives a better result, despite taking longer.
Still, this is a great gift for the girl (or guy) who has everything, and especially the gadget far. I would not buy one again myself, as I now just don't use it.
There is nothing to dislike. It is easy to use, quick and effective. But it also adds to those things you already have that require batteries, replacing a perfectly good method that does not need extra power.

Medisana Connect Body Analysis Scales with Bluetooth
Medisana Connect Body Analysis Scales with Bluetooth

5.0 out of 5 stars Space-age looking scales, 28 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very attractive slim design looks cool in my bathroom. Easy to use out of the box, and seems to be accurate. The body fat analysis is scary.
Very flash scales.
Black shows dust quickly, and also seems to attract it, but this is a minor complaint; the colour also means it would not look out of place in your home office, for example.

Philips GC4922/80 PerfectCare Azur Steam Iron with Optimal Temperature technology, 2600 W

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice iron, 14 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very happy with this iron. It heats up quickly, and glides nicely over clothes. Not too heavy. The Philips Azur range has continued to become more streamlined, and to improve over the years. No complaints.

Finis Duo Underwater MP3 Player - Dark Grey/Mint
Finis Duo Underwater MP3 Player - Dark Grey/Mint

4.0 out of 5 stars Tricky to position correctly, but brilliant when you do, 7 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I had some trouble with this. It took me ages to get a good result, but it was worth the effort. Once I got the positioning right, the sound is incredible. This now accompanies me for my weekly plough up and down for 70 lengths of my local pool. Loading your music is easy. Nice to have a dedicated device for swimming, so I can stop imperilling my iPod.

Olga da Polga Gift Edition
Olga da Polga Gift Edition
by Michael Bond

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful as a gift for under 10s, 22 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Beautiful hardback book, on good quality paper. Michael Bond's stories are lovely, and my 8 year old has really been enjoying this. The book is quite large, and heavy, and makes a lovely gift. It is too chunky to carry round (my daughter, for example, always has a book on the go in her school bookbag, and this is too big for that). We loved the illustrations, but be warned, you are quite likely to encounter requests for a new pet after your child has spent any time at all with Olga...

Revlon Pediprep Foot Spa
Revlon Pediprep Foot Spa

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice gift, but..., 14 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This made for a lovely luxurious evening in, and I would have been delighted to receive this as a thoughtful gift. But in reality, it does seem rather expensive, given that it actually does little more than a washing-up bowl full of warm water. The textured surface is nice, and it does manage to keep the water warm enough to last for a decent amount of time. But, as other reviewers have said, it is a nuisance to fill and then move around, and will inevitably splash, so you need a jug or something to fill it in situ, and a waterproof mat to protect your floor.
It is quite a hassle, but merely owning the thing means the whole ritual seems worth it. Not something I would buy for myself, but exactly the sort of expensive luxury to buy as a gift.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20