Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for Fiona Massey > Reviews

Content by Fiona Massey

Fiona Massey "jellyfi1" (Northampton, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Out For Blood: (Bill Smith/Lydia Chin)
Out For Blood: (Bill Smith/Lydia Chin)
by S. J. Rozan

1.0 out of 5 stars Out for Blood, 17 Mar. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've read several of S J Rozan's books, blood ties was my favourite, that said, had I have read Out For Blood first, I doubt that I would have ever picked up another of her books.
I find out for blood very simplistic, and like there are several vital chunks of information missing from the book....
Sadly this tome of Chin & Smith's latest escapades left me really really disappointed..

Desert Angel
Desert Angel
by Charlie Price

5.0 out of 5 stars Desert Angel, 17 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Desert Angel (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Chilling in it's extreme..written so descriptively in places, that you could almost imagine yourself running for your life instead of the books character, Angel.
I think this has to be one of the best thriller/chiller novels that I have read in a very long time, looking forward to seeing what the author will come up with next!

The Kindest Thing
The Kindest Thing
by Cath Staincliffe

5.0 out of 5 stars The kindest thing, 17 Mar. 2012
This review is from: The Kindest Thing (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book has to be one of the most touching and moving books, the argument for the right to die with dignity, the argument with both sides shown in a compassionate way.

Dealbreaker: The Definitive List of Dating Offenses
Dealbreaker: The Definitive List of Dating Offenses
by Dave Horwitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Dealbreaker......Fantastic, 16 Mar. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Anyone out there who has ever been on a date can more than relate to this book, the pitfalls of life and the weird and wonderful quirks that people have and the dating game as you never really saw it before.
Absolutely hilarious book, showing a funny side to the game of love.

Tiger, Tiger: A Memoir
Tiger, Tiger: A Memoir
by Margaux Fragoso

1.0 out of 5 stars Tiger, Tiger...., 16 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Tiger, Tiger: A Memoir (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I wouldn't even rate this book as one star, it's basically pedophilia in paperback form, not my cup of tea and left me feeling quite ill.
After two chapters, I threw it in the bin.

The Dead Man Vol 1: Face of Evil, Ring of Knives, and Hell in Heaven
The Dead Man Vol 1: Face of Evil, Ring of Knives, and Hell in Heaven
by Lee Goldberg

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dead Man Vol 1-3, 16 Mar. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Found this a brilliant book, nice sized mini novels in one volume, creepy, macarbe and chilling, the perfect combination to set your hair on end.
These stories are meant to be for men, nope, sorry, I'm female and loved them, too.
All in all, thoroughly enjoyed the book, so much so, I brought the other volumes!!

Leaving (Bailey Flanigan Series)
Leaving (Bailey Flanigan Series)
by KINGSBURY KAREN

4.0 out of 5 stars Leaving (Bailey Flanigan Series), 16 Mar. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
this is the first of the bailey flanigan books I have read and I must admit, I enjoyed it.
it's not my usual genre of reading matter, but I found it to be well written, descriptive and absorbing.
All in all a great read and I thoroughly recommend it.

The Shepherd: (Shepherd 1)
The Shepherd: (Shepherd 1)
by Ethan Cross

4.0 out of 5 stars The Shepherd, 18 Feb. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I couldn't help but think of Alex Cross meets Dexter with this book.........don't get me wrong, it was a good book, sadly not a great book, and it was written in the normal vein of "super cop catches evil monster" - tried and tested fail proof formula.
This book had the chances to be great, standing outside the box, sadly it feel just that little bit flat for me.
BUT as a book in it's own right, it's well written, the characters are three dimensional and wholly believable.
It's better than some books that I have written, and the author SHOULD pat themselves on the back, for being up there in the same game as seasoned crime writers.
Definately think we have a new kid on the block!

The Whizz Pop Chocolate Shop
The Whizz Pop Chocolate Shop
by Kate Saunders

5.0 out of 5 stars Whizz Pop Chocolate Shop, 18 Feb. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a woman over 30, to me this book is awesome!
It reminds me of a time of life when a sweet shop was exactly that, where you were beseiged with the sights of a thousand colours and flavours in huge glass jars, where kids films were like Willy Wonka and such like, where they still warmed your heart with an abject innocence.....
This book brought so many childhood memories back to me, mixed in with a splash of Harry Potter and a dash of Septimus Heap...
I loved this book so much, I read it twice.
Brilliantly written, hope that there will be a sequel!

The History Keepers: The Storm Begins
The History Keepers: The Storm Begins
by Damian Dibben

5.0 out of 5 stars The History Keepers?, 26 Jan. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I thought this book would and could have been better descibed as "Dr Who and Harry Potter, meet Percy Jackson"
I couldn't put this book down, and I am 38 years old!!!
Thoroughly loved it, as to me it has all the facets needed to keep the book interesting, not overly done but above all, factual!
Can't wait for more books from this series to be released.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20