Profile for Fiona Massey > Reviews

Content by Fiona Massey

Fiona Massey "jellyfi1" (Northampton, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-25
Wenger WA-7652-14 Legacy Double Laptop Case for up to 16 Inch Notebooks with Checkpoint Friendly Compartment

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 24 Mar. 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Masses of space and lots of room, brilliant quality fabric, hard wearing but stylish looking.
I opened this bag and could not believe the amount of space there is for other items as well as your laptop.
I've actually got two laptops and an I-pad stowed away in mine at the moment,as well as files, pens and the usual gump that you seem to attract into a laptop bag (memory sticks, cd-r etc etc)
And STILL I have room!

Cannot rate this bag highly enough, plus add to the fact that it's going to last the test of time, the fact it's also not extortionately expensive for what you are getting!

Grillhouse
Grillhouse
by Ross Dobson

4.0 out of 5 stars Over Explained "man's" cookbook!, 16 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Grillhouse (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Is it me or does the author aim this book specifically at men, I found the book very "butch" and a bit too "arty farty" for my liking, don't get me wrong, it has some nice recipes, but unless you are learning to cook from scratch, you may find that the recipes are very much over explained, and make you feel that the author thinks that those who buy this book have no cooking experience whatsoever.

It has some lovely recipes, but is it me or do the photos not quite give the recipes the justice that they deserve, they seem very dark, bland, and in some shots look very under exposed.

This book could have been a 5 star affair, but sadly it didn't quite sit up there with the best for me, I applaud the authors efforts, but I feel that the over all presentation of the book and the fact that everything is written as if you were reading a dummies guide to cooking, takes the winning edge off the title for me.

Lovely steak recipes in here, though, hence why there are four stars, with my husband being a prolific carnivore, they won him over!

The Emerald Atlas:The Books of Beginning 1
The Emerald Atlas:The Books of Beginning 1
by John Stephens

5.0 out of 5 stars The New Improved Harry Potter???, 16 Mar. 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The buzz is that this trilogy is being hailed as the "New harry Potter" - that in itself is a very bold claim to make, when only the first book is just coming out.

I love the Harry Potter type of books, and the Emerald Atlas did not fail to disappoint.
I found myself riveted, not wanting to put the book down, and to get to the end to see what happens next!!

I truly loved every page of this book and I cannot wait for books two and three to come out, I actually found this book more entertaining than the Harry Potter books, as they are fresh and new, and with a seriously good story line that all ages will find something to relate to.

To say these books are the new harry potter, doesn't really do John Stephens excellent literary genius justice, this book is amazing, so well written that you can actually find yourself imagining that you are there with the characters.

The Canal
The Canal
by Lee Rourke

1.0 out of 5 stars What a shame (and a waste of money), 26 Feb. 2011
This review is from: The Canal (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this book, based on the reviews of others, and the reviews of those who had brought it, wish I had made up my own mind.
This book just didn't click with me, it's a shame as the reviews bigged it up to be something amazing, but to me it just plodded along, like it had arthritis, and just didn't catch fire in my hands as other books do.

Real shame as had the potential to go against the grain and really make an impression.

Saving Max
Saving Max
by Antoinette van Heugten

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book full of twists and turns, 26 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Saving Max (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Brilliant book, I loved every page of it, very cleverly written, and you are left wondering if there will be a sequel to this book, as Murderous Marianne is still on the loose, so watch this space!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 22, 2014 9:53 AM BST

Trail of Blood: (Bill Smith/Lydia Chin)
Trail of Blood: (Bill Smith/Lydia Chin)
by S. J. Rozan

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been a lot better., 26 Feb. 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I gave this book several attempts to impress, but I am afraid to say, that when I got to chapter 5 I gave in and gave up.
I love crime novels, but this book was really hard going, pretty much like walking through treacle.

Sorry but I didn't finish the book

Aqua rain mix
Aqua rain mix
Offered by G J Beads

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely for summer themed designs!, 9 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Aqua rain mix
Gorgeous little beads, with an off centre hole, makes them ideal to use in bulk as an understated centre piece on a necklace, earrings or bracelet

Tattoo Marker Pen
Tattoo Marker Pen

5.0 out of 5 stars FREEHAND pen, NOT for Temporary tattoo use!, 9 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Tattoo Marker Pen (Office Product)
The reason this pen is violet is that it is for freehand use, i.e drawing a design onto the skin BEFORE tattooing it permanently.
It's not designed for using for a temporary tattoo, that is the reason it is violet coloured, so that it matches in with transfer paper!
It's semi permanent so that when the skin is being inked and bleeds, the tattooist can clean the area without the fear of it rubbin off!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 16, 2014 12:35 PM BST

Changeling: A Memoir Of Parents Lost And Found
Changeling: A Memoir Of Parents Lost And Found
by Sandra Newman

2.0 out of 5 stars Changeling....wish I'd changed my mind!, 28 Jan. 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Couldn't get into this book at all, it's written in such a dull, monotone, dialogue, that I really could not get any kind of connection to the book at all.
It's a shame, because had it been written better, it could have been a best seller, rather than a book that will be in bargain bins before the year is through!

This book sounded promising from the descriptions and editorial reviews, however, if you want something that is going to transport you into the book, avoid this, the only place it transported itself to, is my recycling bin!

Navigators: Dinosaurs
Navigators: Dinosaurs
by David Burnie

5.0 out of 5 stars Navigators Dinosaurs, 28 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Navigators: Dinosaurs (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My niece (age 5) and my nephew (age 10) are crazy about dinosaurs of all shapes sizes and names, I got this book and they loved every page.
It's not too large or too thick, so is great for little hands to hold, and it isn't too heavy either, so it's ideal as a lap book on a car journey or sitting at home, too.
The pages are packed with fantastic full colour illustrations, and are informative and concise, too.

All in all a fantastic book, which is a winner in my household!

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-25