Profile for Mr. LH > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Drawing Pad
Drawing Pad

3.0 out of 5 stars Kids and tablets only, 23 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Drawing Pad (App)
You can't zoom in or out of the page you're drawing on. So even on my Note 3, the actual drawing space is very limited.
The toolbar is pulled out from the right side of the screen and is huge on my phone.
You have a limited number of colours for each pen, pencil or crayon and there's no way to alter the thickness of the strokes, nor can you change the opacity (or anything else).
It's probably a fun app for young kids. But, with no real settings to speak of and the app being impractical on a mobile phone screen, I'd say it really is for young children to use on tablet sized screens.

Hollywood Escape
Hollywood Escape

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 6 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Hollywood Escape (App)
Annoying music can be turned off in the menu, but has to be done every time you start the game. Sigh.
Fairly typical puzzles for this sort of game. Some very easy and obvious, others requiring some thought or guesswork.

FACILLA® 3 Port 1080p HDMI Switch Switcher Splitter for Xbox 360 PS3 HDTV DVD [Xbox 360]
Offered by Tcity

4.0 out of 5 stars Long delivery time, but great product..., 28 Jan. 2015
This item took 19 days to arrive from Switzerland to the UK. A long time, but within the timescale for estimated delivery. Bear this in mind if you order it and are in a rush! :)

I have a 1080 TV with two HDMI sockets and three HDMI devices I want to connect to it. Hence the need for this switcher. I unpacked it, plugged cables into the switcher inputs from my three devices and another cable from the output to my TV. Trying each device in turn, it just worked. The picture quality and sound (even with 5.1 DTS) is just as good as before.

You get a tiny remote control unit with the switcher, but I don't think I'll use it much as it auto switches between devices really well. To get this gadget to auto switch, you do have to bear one thing in mind...they need to be switched on and off one at at time. If you have two or more of them powered on, the switcher won't know which one you want to use and so you need to either press a button on the switcher or use the remote control. If you power on only one device, it just auto switches to it for you. A bright blue LED lights up on the switcher to indicate whether device one, two or three is in use.

All in all, I'm really happy with this. It took me all of five minutes to set up and get it working. After a day using it, I can't find a fault or problem.

IMPOSSIBLE ROAD
IMPOSSIBLE ROAD

3.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly hard!, 12 Jan. 2015
This review is from: IMPOSSIBLE ROAD (App)
Hard to play and so unforgiving I found it too frustrating. Not quite as irritating as flappy bird, but veey close. Sorry, not for me.

Frozen Mahjong
Frozen Mahjong

2.0 out of 5 stars Too small and unclear, 3 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Frozen Mahjong (App)
It's a nice looking game, but...
On a Galaxy Note 3 the tiles are very small. The graphics used to make them 3D aren't clear enough to tell which tiles are on top of others, which means it's hard to work out which can be removed.

There's a lot of empty space around the tiles when playing and no way to zoom or have them fill the screen. An omission that makes the game unplayable for me.

Monument Valley
Monument Valley

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 27 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Monument Valley (App)
The most captivating game on Android. The graphics are gorgeous. The sound, dreamlike. The whole experience is quite surreal and other worldly. It's more an experience than a game. Amazing!

Elements of Photography Pro
Elements of Photography Pro

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 5 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Elements of Photography Pro (App)
I have only read through the first section and am very impressed. A great use of multimedia to teach quite a complex subject. Brilliantly executed.

Atomus HD
Atomus HD

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 7 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Atomus HD (App)
Beautiful and mesmerising. Looks incredible on a larger screen and works perfectly with the SPen on my Galaxy Note 3.

Smiffy's Decaying Blue Zombie Latex Mask (Adult)
Smiffy's Decaying Blue Zombie Latex Mask (Adult)
Offered by Affordable Fancy Dress

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, some minor issues..., 16 Oct. 2013
The product image on this page is an accurate depiction of what the mask looks like. Just be aware, the real thing is more blue than the grey/blue colour in the photo here.

For the price, the mask is far better than the plastic affairs you will likely find in the average supermarket. I am pleased with it and will use it, but I must make some modifications first. As others have mentioned, the fit of the mask is fairly good and will have had to be made using average measurements. A side effect of this is that where it doesn't quite fit so well can cause some comfort problems.

The way the eyes have been moulded means, for me anyway, that while I'm wearing the mask, the indentations around the eyes inside press into my eyes. It literally touches my eyeballs and presses right into the corners of my eyes. To get around this, I am in the process of fashioning some small foam pads and will glue them to the inside of the mask just above the eye holes. This, I'm hoping, will mean the mask doesn't press against my eyes and that the thin pads give just enough clearance for it to be worn comforably. I'm also having to fit a small pad somewhere around the top of the forehead (inside) to lift the face a little. When worn, it sags slightly and makes it hard to get the position just right. When you consider the eye slits in the mask are only 1cm high, it means you have to wear the mask in just the right position or you won't be able to see at all!

The quality of the face, the colours and textures make the mask look excellent. The fake hair is what feels like thin strands of nylon thread. It looks ok, but where it is 'combed' back above the forehead in the pic on this page, this isn't how it works in reality. It has a definite fringe that hangs down around the eyes. As they are already hard to see through, this makes it harder to see. So, I'm going to have to fix the hair pulled back over the top of the head (as per the pic). Shouldn't be too hard to do.

I'm not picking fault with this mask as it really is great for the price. But, you do need to be aware that taking it out of the packet and wearing it without needing to think about making some very quick, easy and minor changes, may not happen. I've worn other latex masks in the past for Halloween and they are all similar in this respect. Unless it's moulded for your face and fitted professionally, it's unlikely you will get a perfect fit.

I'm giving it four stars because I think it will be fab once I have made my corrections to get it to fit me properly.

Well worth the money if you want a decent looking, soft latex mask for Halloween or similar.

Chess Pro 3D
Chess Pro 3D

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken, 13 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Chess Pro 3D (App)
The main menu appears, I can choose various items from it and everything looks fine. However, after starting a game and seeing the word 'Loading..' on screen, it fades to black and that's it. The game never loads.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4