Profile for Lynnspain > Reviews

Content by Lynnspain

Lynnspain "Lynn"

Linksys EA4500 Dual Band N900 Smart WiFi Router with Gigabit Ethernet and USB Port
Offered by BESTBUYIT

4.0 out of 5 stars Good router but Not for VPN, 21 July 2013
My requirements were a router to set up a VPN in my home to connect all my appliances to behind a VNP network. As VPN is mentioned in the details and it is more recent model than the Linksys E2000 I thought I would treat myself and get a better model with the EA4500. BIG mistake. So if you require a VPN network set up forget this router, it does not work for this. For anything else I can not fault it and it even seems to provide me with a better internet connection experience on my Mac. It feels like I have a quicker and cleaner connection, it is very easy to set up, basically plug an play. Attractive to look at so not an eyesore in your home.

The 4 star instead of 5 is because I felt the description misled me in to spending good money on something I can not use for the purpose for which I purchased it and now have to look for something else. I would also like to mention that the online chat support by Cisco the manufacturer was excellent. Even though he could not help me in the end he tried his best.