Profile for Jesse Durkan > Reviews

Kitchen Craft Egg Pricker
Kitchen Craft Egg Pricker
Price: 1.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Use with care, 1 May 2013
This isn't a magic device that magically makes a little magic hole in your precious eggs. It needs a little care and skill. I have to admit, I had an 'accident' but that was in the beginning. Remember, "Perfect practice makes perfect performance". I find that a little screwing action helps... And always buy free range, or organic if you can afford it, and SOFT boiled!

METAXA 12 Stars Greek Brandy 70cl Bottle
METAXA 12 Stars Greek Brandy 70cl Bottle
Offered by UK ONLINE
Price: 41.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, 1 May 2013
I bought this as a gift for my father, who, as well as having a penchant for a fine Armagnac, has a taste for Metaxa. So much so that whenever I ask him if he wants a bottle of something special from Duty Free he will think for a while, then say, "Metaxa... SEVEN stars.". Last year I saw Metaxa, TWELVE stars, in a small italian cafe in Denmark and didn't buy it, which I regretted almost immediately, although if I had, it may not have made it home with me at all, or at least, not with the seal intact. So, last christmas, I was wracking my tiny man brain for present ideas for my dad and decided to buy this... a truly wise decision. I was privileged enough to try some and can say that it is delicious. A little sweeter than I had expected, with a complex and full-bodied taste. Higly recommended.

Cerbera Cleaver
Cerbera Cleaver
Offered by Shop Of Accessories (UK)
Price: 2.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Hassan CHOP!, 1 May 2013
This review is from: Cerbera Cleaver (Kitchen & Home)
Great cleaver for the money. Pretty sharp straight out of the box. Perfect for chopping veggies. I followed another reviewer's suggestion and kept the packaging for storage. I still can't believe how cheap this was...

Lodge Round Skillet with Handle, 26 x 5 cm
Lodge Round Skillet with Handle, 26 x 5 cm
Offered by MMP Living
Price: 26.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice heavy cast iron skillet, 1 May 2013
This skillet is becoming my go-to piece of kitchen equipment. Still not as non-stick as teflon but a few more years of cooking greasy food should do the trick! The handle is a little short for a pan this heavy, but I suppose that if it was much longer, it wouldn't fit into most ovens. The weight is fine for me, but if you are a tiny person with no grip strength you may find it on the heavy side :-)

66fit Abdominal Roller Wheel With Knee Pad
66fit Abdominal Roller Wheel With Knee Pad
Price: 13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but effective, 1 May 2013
I received this this morning and in spite of there being no assembly instructions my tiny and sluggish man brain was able to put it together in a few seconds. I tried a few roll outs and collapsed it a sweaty heap on the kitchen floor. In a few weeks time I will be an indestructible warrior with abs of steel.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes my beard soft..., 1 May 2013
...for a few hours, anyway, and also makes me feel like a piece of roast lamb. Rosemary is the dominating scent when you first apply this, although it dissipates quite quickly. When it runs out, I might try 'Raven'...

Lenovo Ideapad Z580 15.6-inch Laptop (Gunmetal) - (Intel Core i7 3520M 2.9GHz Processor, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, DVD RW, Windows 8)

4.0 out of 5 stars I am typing this on my Lenovo Z580, 1 May 2013
I am pleased with my new computer but there are a few little niggles... Everybody is complaining about using Windows 8 on a non-touchscreen laptop and I can see why. There is a learning curve-it is new and different, especially for me... it's my first new laptop in nine and a half years and that one had XP! On the whole though, I think I can get used to it, but you do have to be careful to keep in the middle of the touchpad, or you will keep on toggling between screens. I will probably end up getting a mouse, I mostly use it at home anyway. Also, like most screens, you can't really use it in direct light because of glare.
Overall though, the build quality seems good, and I like the feel of the keyboard. The webcam and microphone seem to work well for Skype. It has a good spec for the price, it's fast and it still works after two months!

The Guard [DVD]
The Guard [DVD]
Dvd ~ Brendan Gleeson
Price: 3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars "Laugh Out Loud Hilarious", 1 May 2013
This review is from: The Guard [DVD] (DVD)
Excellent film, very funny, great acting, especially from Gleeson. Was re-watching this the other day and realised that it's a modern day Western, set in the West of Ireland.
So, is he incredibly stupid or incredibly clever?

Aerolatte Satin Edition
Aerolatte Satin Edition
Price: 12.82

4.0 out of 5 stars Frothy Coffee, 1 May 2013
Works ok for frothing milk but is never going to be as good as the fancy machines in the cafes. However, I mainly use this for blending butter and MCT oil into my coffee, 'Bulletproof' style. Yum! And it's perfect for that.

Magnetic Measuring Spoons by Progressive
Magnetic Measuring Spoons by Progressive
Offered by WOWOOO
Price: 9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely set of measuring spoons, 1 May 2013
These are certainly out of the ordinary and this initially put me off buying them, but I am so glad I did. It's like having two sets of spoons! Both ends work perfectly for their intended purposes. The magnets are a great idea. I can't find anything not to like about these... maybe they could come in a different colour?

Page: 1 | 2