Profile for S. Fairlie > Reviews

Content by S. Fairlie

S. Fairlie "Steve Fairlie" (Oxfordshire)

Samsung UE46ES8000 46 -inch LCD 1080 pixels 800 Hz 3D TV
Samsung UE46ES8000 46 -inch LCD 1080 pixels 800 Hz 3D TV

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, 2 April 2013
I bought this tv with high expectation given the price tag.

The tv somehow manages to turn itself on at wierd hours - midnight, 2am, 5 am although EVERY box in the settings is "ticked" to deavtivate auto turn off/on (it does this too!).

I have also been unable to connect to my wifi although every other device (iphone, ipad, tablet etc)is ok and connect straight away. I have tried to manually input the details to no avail.

I bought tv from Comet (now ceased trading) so have no option but to speak with Samsung who I do not find helpful at all.

I am very disappointed with this product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2013 6:33 AM GMT

Tutti Frutti [DVD]
Tutti Frutti [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robbie Coltrane

4.0 out of 5 stars Tutti Frutti - Comedy Myth or Reality?, 3 Sep 2009
This review is from: Tutti Frutti [DVD] (DVD)
It may be that Tutti Frutti has obtained mythical comedy status due to it being unavailable for so long and my initial thoughts on watching all the episodes back-to-back was "did I wait 20 years for that"?.

However, on the 2nd and 3rd viewing I seen little snippets I had missed on the 1st viewing and gradually it started to grow on me more and more.

Whilst not the comedy treat I expected (or remembered from the initial broadcast) it deserves it's place in Scottish television history and I would recommend it for anyone wishing to see Robbie and Emma work together.