Profile for Geraldine Dunne > Reviews

Content by Geraldine Dunne

Geraldine Dunne (Saudi Arabia)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy for traveling!, 21 Jun 2013
Or for your handbag... It is a bit expensive though for what you get for your money but I just love the fact it fits into the D&G metal bottle and is refillable...

Toshiba NB200-11L 10.1 inch Laptop (WSVGA TFT Intel Atom N270, 1.60 GHz, RAM 1024MB, HD 160GB, LAN WLAN, Windows XP Home)

1.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba Rubbish - do not buy!, 26 April 2011
I purchased 14 months ago a Toshiba NB200 notebook complete with 3G feature. My main purpose of use was for browsing the net and because of its size, to take it with me when travelling. At the beginnning it worked ok without any problems although quite slow most of the time, and after about 8 months starting giving me intermittent problems... one day it would start up, the next day it would not. I brought it back to the shop where I purchased it prior to the warranty expiring and was advised by the representative to remove the battery when it was operating on mains power and vice versa, so I followed these instructions and monitored its performance. It appeared to be working ok again apart from the odd day here and there when it would not start up. To cut a long story short, a few days ago it would not start up for over a 3 day period and I took it into the repair centre to be told that the warranty had expired and that I had to pay SR200 ($53)for them to "service" it. I was subsequently advised that the motherboard needs complete replacing and that it would cost me SR2,000 ($533.00) to replace, which I find very strange, since the notebook cost me SR1700 ($453) to purchase just over 12 months ago. My advice to anyone is, purchase a cheaper notebook like Acer, HP or Samsung, for a fraction of what I paid, because the warranty is only for 12 months and at least if it dies like mine has you won't feel as hard done by! This was my first and last Toshiba purchase and whatever you do, don't buy in Saudia Arabia as customer service is non-existent! :o(

Avoca Cafe Cookbook, Book 2
Avoca Cafe Cookbook, Book 2
by Hugo Arnold
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Homecooked Food, 8 Jan 2006
Being Irish I just adore the recipes in this book! It is full of wholesome, nutritious meals and brings me back to the good old days of my grandmother and mother's cooking! There is something in there for everyone regardless of their cuisine preference!

Greatest Hits (Reissue)
Greatest Hits (Reissue)
Price: 5.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous performer, 8 Jan 2006
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Reissue) (Audio CD)
This is one of my favourite CD's. Brenda Russell is a great performer and her music is just brilliant!

You Raise Me Up - A Tribute to George Best
You Raise Me Up - A Tribute to George Best
Offered by dlar193076
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful music, 8 Jan 2006
I watched the funeral of George Best on Sky Digital and I was reduced to tears by the beautiful music attributed to him. Peter Corry has an outstanding voice and I don't know how I never heard of him before now! Brian Kennedy's rendition of "Vincent" is brilliant.