Profile for natt > Reviews

Content by natt

natt

Page: 1 | 2
Marked: Number 1 in series (House of Night)
Marked: Number 1 in series (House of Night)

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyed these but aimed at older young adults !!!!!!!, 4 Jan. 2015
I was recommended this book by a few friends after struggling to find anything "NEW" to read .....I read the reviews which mostly made references to Twilight and Harry Potter ....( My 2 fave series of all time, even tho I am 33) so I decided why not!!!! I can say I don't find them anywhere near the standard of Twilight or Harry Potter....but there are a lot of lines in there that are almost the same as my 2 faves books as well as some of the same situations ....on the whole tho I can say I did enjoy this book and do intend to read the series....all in all I would recommend.....but I do think these books would really be better aimed at older young adults as it contains bad language and scenes of a sexual nature :) ....(gosh I must be getting on abit I sounded like my mum in the last lines of my review)

Avis Blackthorn: Is Not an Evil Wizard! (The Wizard Magic School Series, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars defo a great read, 17 Nov. 2014
ive always been a huge fan of harry potter and every other wizard related book i have found boring and not found anything better .....but as an older reader aged 33 i can honestly say i really enjoyed this book and hope that there will be another Avis blackthorn book soon :)

Run For Your Life: (Michael Bennett 2)
Run For Your Life: (Michael Bennett 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars fab, 19 Aug. 2014
ive never read any james patterson novels but this one i brought from a charity shop for £1 best pound ive spent in a long time, no spoilers nothing but twists and kept me reading on couldnt put it down and i finished it in a day, really wish i had read the first book in this series beforehand and certainly will continue reading the rest :)

Kindle Paperwhite (6th generation), 6" High Resolution Display (212 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars so glad i upgraded to a next gen paperwhite!!!!!, 7 Aug. 2014
I was extremely worried about purchasing a new paperwhite after reading almost EVERY review on this site ~(after my basic kindle died!!!!!!!) but I decided to give it a chance anyhoo, and im soooooooooooooooo glad I made the leap!!!! ive had absolutely no problems with it which cropped In almost every review I read... I see what some people mean about the shadows on the screen tho mine are that faint I don't notice them in the slightest unless I put my glasses on and use a magnifying glass!!!( and yes I tried this to test the theory of shadowing screens) all in all a fab new kindle with an extremely happy kindle owner :) :) :) :) thank you kindle :) :)

Vanished (Callahan & McLane Book 1)
Vanished (Callahan & McLane Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it!!!!!!, 31 July 2014
this is the first time ive read a book by this author and i wasn't disappointed, i couldn't put it down!! I'm certainly looking forward to the next book fantastic read

Vampire Love Story
Vampire Love Story

4.0 out of 5 stars wasnt what i expected but did enjoy!!!!!!!, 15 Dec. 2013
let me set this straight I have read a review saying this book was like twilight ....not true at all.....as a big twilight fan I know this....how ever I decided to give it ago.... things in Josiah life take an unexpected turn as he meets a group of manis aka vampires, losing his flatmate/best friend in the process under strange circumstances, Josiah will find out that he becomes the chosen one. I did enjoy this book its downfall was it takes a while to really get into then it ends....I am however looking forward to reading the 2nd book....watch this space!!!!!!

New Moon: 2 (Twilight Saga)
New Moon: 2 (Twilight Saga)
by Stephenie Meyer

5.0 out of 5 stars New moon ....the film does this book no justice!!!!!, 12 Nov. 2013
i have to say it took me a long time to even consider reading OR watching any of the books or films.....so I watched the first film and thought that's not bad... and so I will read the book = I loved the book.....Anyway New Moon I decided not to watch the film and instead read the book first, and again I loved every minute and couldn't put it down it took me a day to read it... the emotion put into the book was amazing you really felt the loss the love the healing and the friendship that grows between the characters... its a must read and I will certainly be reading it again soon...on a different note I watched the film and really wished I hadn't bothered as it took everything away from the book apart from the basic story line...cant wait to read eclipse...(hope its a dam sight better that the film!!!!!!)

Twilight: Twilight, Book 1 (Twilight Saga)
Twilight: Twilight, Book 1 (Twilight Saga)

5.0 out of 5 stars not what i expected.....much better ...loved it, 9 Nov. 2013
I have only ever seen twilight once and that was about four weeks ago...not sure why as I do like my vampire films.....but I was told by a friend that the books were MILES BETTER THAN THE FILMS... so I thought id give it a go....24 hours later I had finished it I can honestly say WOW.....when Bella moves to a very wet town called folks she clearly doesn't want to be there until she has her first day at school ....across a crowded canteen she spots Edward Cullen....and the story goes from there....I was gripped by this book so much so that I have read it twice over the last 3 days....and am a little scared about reading book 2 (New moon) as I don't want to spoil the love story that is the first book!!!!!!

The Bone Collector: Lincoln Rhyme Book 1
The Bone Collector: Lincoln Rhyme Book 1

5.0 out of 5 stars its a must have.....brilliant!!!, 25 Sept. 2013
what can I say....I watched the film some years ago and it didn't overly excite me in the slightest... so I don't know what possessed me to buy this book, but I am a big lover of crime novels and decided to go ahead...I found this read one of the best novels I have read in along time I can picture the character Lincoln rhyme (as Denzel Washington) and Amelia sachs as (Angelina)....with rhyme being in an accident some years previous and only been able to move his head and ring finger hes hauled back into work(from his home) to solve crime scene clues to the next victim, with his sidekick sachs they solve clues left by the bone collector and saves there next vic???? before its to late....im looking forward to reading the next novel the coffin dancer. AND thank you amazon for emailing me to let me know that there is a Lincoln Rhyme series!!!!!

Amazon Kindle Lighted Leather Cover (5th Generation - 2012 release), Wine Purple

4.0 out of 5 stars every night reader has gotta have one!!!!, 19 July 2013
I have to say that this is a god send to my late night readings....I was looking at purchasing a kindle paperwhite but couldn't justify the prices for the amount of negative reviews I had seen...and to be quite honest I love my kindle that I already have...I tried a clip on little light but it drained batteries and it was costing me a fortune having to buy and replace batteries all the time ....when I saw this product and its mixed reviews I decided to take a chance AND IM SO GLAD I DID....the light covers nearly all the screen and I can read perfectly in the dark without disturbing anyone else...the light runs off the kindle battery therefore you don't have to change them every day or two...AND it doesn't drain the kindle battery either!!!! however the cover itself does scratch very easily but then it wouldn't be doing its job protecting the kindle if it didn't have a few knocks.... and quite frankly I would rather not scratch my kindle so I can live with that!!!! DEFO A MUST HAVE!!!!!!..(an added bonus is the fact that its my fave colour too)

Page: 1 | 2