Profile for Tower Crane Driver > Reviews

dead in the boot
dead in the boot
Price: 6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Seldom Seen Brilliance, 4 Sep 2012
This review is from: dead in the boot (Audio CD)
I never ever write reviews as I tend to keep my opinions to myself, however I could not believe that so called fans of such an amazing band could give this album a one star rating. If you have followed Elbow from their early days then you can't fail to see the similarity to songs from Asleep in the back and Cast of Thousands. This album is very much in the `early years' vein and no doubt helped lead the band along their path to the house hold name we know today.

If you only know Elbow as the band that did that catchy `One Day Like This' and wrote the Olympic anthem, then maybe you need to go back to the beginning and discover where it all began... and what a journey you will take. To sum it up Elbow are without doubt one of the best bands Britain has ever produced and this collection of songs adds to Elbow's already rich tapestry and should not be missed..... Plus the fact that an album of B-sides is far better than the majority of new music forced on our ears these days speaks volumes!

Keep building those rockets boys!!!!!