Profile for BigDog > Reviews

Middleman: The Complete Series [DVD] [2008] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Middleman: The Complete Series [DVD] [2008] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

4.0 out of 5 stars A really interesting series with lots of charm, 31 Aug. 2011
This wasn't the program I was expecting, but I still really enjoyed it.

Middleman works because of the geekish love that runs through every episode, it maybe has a few too many US specific references for a UK viewer (even one that is fairly current with US pop and counter culture). You can overlook the low production values for the quality of the script and the enthusiasm of all involved.

Genuinely funny and interesting characters in some rather silly situations makes for relaxed and enjoyable series that just washes over you with geeky goodness. I really enjoyed it and it makes a great alternative from the current "hard edged" sci-fi that seems to dominate the schedules.

Samsung Headphones for Samsung i900 OMNIA, F480 TOCCO, B210, B2700, B300, E215, F110 MiCoach, F200, F210, F250, F400, F480, F490, F700, G600, G800, G810, i200, L760, M110 Solid, M150, M200, M3200 Beat S, M8800 Pixon, P260, P520 Armani, Qbowl, S7330, U900 Soul, Z720 ( Black ) - Bulk Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Great replacement ear-phones, 31 Aug. 2011
My son keeps losing these things but since he pretty much lives with them in his ears, I keep buying them. Nice ear phones, good quality and all the functionality works.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 17, 2011 6:04 PM BST

Mains Charger For Orange San Francisco
Mains Charger For Orange San Francisco

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality, does what it says on the tin, 31 Aug. 2011
Great as a back-up charger for my wife's new phone, quality is good for the money so a great buy.

Stil Stand 2006CHBB Glass Corner TV stand
Stil Stand 2006CHBB Glass Corner TV stand

4.0 out of 5 stars Well built and good looking unit, does attract dust though, 31 Aug. 2011
I've had this unit a good while now, it's really solid and looks good, with nice design touches like the cable feeder holes at the back. It does attract dust, although I guess any unit would - but when it's clean it looks great.

Hi-BagZ® Gaming Beanbag Faux Leather BLACK Bean Bag Chair
Hi-BagZ® Gaming Beanbag Faux Leather BLACK Bean Bag Chair
Offered by Comfort Co

5.0 out of 5 stars Really big and comfy with excellent leather feel, 31 Aug. 2011
I ordered two for a gaming room and they arrived today, I was surprised when they arrived as the boxes didn't look as big as I expected, but once we got them out of the box it was like a Tardis effect, they're huge !!

I'm over 6 feet tall and well built but they'e big enough for me and super comfortable, if anything they might be a little too big for the room I'm using. My 12 year old and his mates love them, they can go two to a chair so that should be OK.

Ziboo 33950 Zipad Netbook USB Docking Station with DVD/RW Drive
Ziboo 33950 Zipad Netbook USB Docking Station with DVD/RW Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars great place for my net-book to live, 17 Mar. 2010
I finally plumped for a net-book at christmas and although I enjoy the flexibility and the ease of taking it anywhere I really missed the lack of optical drive when I started to use it more, definitely for getting some of my older programmes on there.
Picked up the Zipad last week and it's definitely what I was looking for, to be honest I'm using it like an old fashioned base station, it sits on the desk at home with a keyboard and mouse plugged in, when I get home I just drop the net-book on there, plug in the usb and not only can I use the DVD-RW but I get a full sized mouse and keyboard, which is a blessing after using the small keyboard all day.
I might even stick a HDD in there as it looks pretty easy (although I'm now thinking I should have bought one of the models with a HDD in to start with - ho hum)
5/5 from me, definitely removes the downsides of net-book ownership
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 14, 2011 7:14 PM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, great quality and long battery life, 29 Sept. 2009
I did quite a bit of research before buying this unit and found it to be consistently reviewed well, I certainly wasn't disappointed.
It's well packaged and has an easy to understand manual, connection to the phone was dead easy and it only has three buttons, on, of and volume for general use - simple as it should be when your driving a car. The call quality was good and no issues so far - battery life seems good although my wife doesn't call that often from the car.
I have recommended this to someone else, they bought one and also love it - nice work Parrot.

Memorex MI1111-BLKUK CD Micro System with iPod Dock
Memorex MI1111-BLKUK CD Micro System with iPod Dock

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of both worlds and sexy LED's, 29 May 2009
OK, I admit it, I'm a child at heart and anything that glows with blue LED lights get me a little excited....
But ignoring the lights (which I love, did I mention that ?) I got this after buying one of the other memorex ipod speakers for my daughter, I wanted a new stereo for the kitchen and this basically ticked all the boxes.
- Radio 5 Live for saturday mornings/afternoons
- Ipod dock for my "tuunes....!!"
- CD player for the other half's CD's as I refuse to have her "style" of music on my pod
Sound is good, more than loud enough for the kitchen, looks sexy and is easy to clean (has had a dusting of flour already - oops) like the memorex thingy we have, easy to use and looks/feels high quality in build.
Did I mention the blue LED's... I don't turn the lights on in the kitchen until it's really dark so I can see the LED's, I know - it's sad really....but hey - if it keeps me off the steets that's got to be a good thing
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 28, 2009 11:28 PM GMT

Memorex MI3X-PNKUK MiniMove Portable Boombox for iPod with Digital FM Radio - Pink

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product but I'd buy the black one, 29 May 2009
I bought one of these for my daughter who absolutely adores it, she already has an ipod speaker system but the sound quality is rubbish and it's not easy to carry around when she stays with friends.
This is great, it fills a room with good quality sound but it's not that loud you can hear it all around the house. Works with both the ipods we have and is dead easy to use - I wish I had seen this before I bought the other one - ohh well, that ones going on an online auction site I can't mention here <grin>

NME In Association With War Child Presents 1 Love
NME In Association With War Child Presents 1 Love
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Some of the best..........some of the worst, 29 Mar. 2004
I think I got this a Christmas present which wasn't listened to for months and managed to find it's way into my car CD changer through boredom. Did I ever regret not listening to it sooner, I'm not normally a fan of covers but this album has some fantastic tracks with a good mix of styles and energy levels.
On one end of the scale the stereophonics version of the great “nothing compares 2 u” is just amazing, the rough edge on Kelly Jones voice adds a level of emotion I just wouldn’t have expected, at the other end Muse belt out a superb rendition of “house of the rising sun”.
In between there are some great performances from the Manic’s, Feeder and Faithless (feat Dido), but there are two little diamonds:
Badly Drawn Boy and Jools Holland with “Come on Eileen” which you just can’t help singing along to with a big smile on your face, plus come Christmas when everyone is expecting you roll out the usual tired favorites, stick on Oasis’s version of “merry christmas everybody”, I can just picture the scowl on noel’s face as he sings it…..
And the bad side, do yourself a favour and don’t listen to the last three tracks….you’ve been warned