Profile for Mikey G > Reviews

Content by Mikey G

Mikey G (Staffordshire, England)

Veho VSS-009-360BT M4 Portable Rechargable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker with Track Control

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 22 Nov 2013
A must buy at less than half the RRP, absolute steal!

This is a great speaker. Looks great, it stands about half the height of an iPhone, and a width thats a little bit smaller. Sound quality is good, ok its not going to please audiophiles who spend £100's on speakers, but for average Joe/Joan with £30 quid burning a hole in his/her pocket, it does the job.

Setup took minutes (after an initial charge). Packaged beautifully, with both a USB cable and a line in/out cable. It also comes with a nice little material pouch for protecting the little thing whilst travelling.

5 stars from me!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Connected home!, 22 Nov 2013
Well, just released and arrived today (Amazon Prime 30 day trial will work wonders for xmas shopping!!)

Beautifully packaged product, very 'Apple-esque' I must say. Very quick to setup (5-10 minutes) and easily replaced the existing yellowing old horrible smoke alarm using the same screw holes, so no drilling required.

The main reason I bought this was due to it being a smoke and carbon monoxide detector all in one, followed closely by the reason i'm a techo geek and love to buy new gadgets!

The device connects to the WIFI, and the iPhone NEST app does all the work for you. Its another step forward in having a connected home.

Like the previous reviewer mentioned, definately need the NEST thermostat now......whenever they release it in the UK.

Yes, this is expensive for a smoke alarm, but it will give you peace of mind both when you are in the home, and also when you aren't!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 29, 2014 8:02 AM GMT

Tippitoes Anti Slip Bath Mat
Tippitoes Anti Slip Bath Mat

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal!, 17 April 2013
Great reviews on here for this product, and having bought one I totally agree. Its bright, colourful, entertaining and does a great job of being a non-slip mat!

Definately recommend!

B404A CEILING SPEAKER 6.5'' 2-WAY 120W WHITE (SINGLE)
B404A CEILING SPEAKER 6.5'' 2-WAY 120W WHITE (SINGLE)
Offered by Electromart-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing for the price!, 17 April 2013
I had been looking at similar speakers (branded) for a few months, prices between £50 and £150. I came across this product on Amazon, and thought I had nothing to lose at this price.

The product was so easy to install (we have it in our en-suite). The sound quality is outstanding. Yes I am sure audiophiles will chase after me with burning sticks, but its honestly really good.

I have it connected to a Sonos network which mainly consists of Bose speakers throughout the house. This speaker is perfect for its location in the en-suite. Can't comment on how it would sound in laregr open spaces though.....i would imagine a little tinny.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 28, 2013 10:40 AM GMT

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, easy to setup!, 17 April 2013
Well I was a little dubious about purchasing this product based on some of the reviews on here (bad documentation, difficult to setup, issues with dynamic IP's etc).

I can honestly say that this is a great little camera!

The setup documentation was clear and concise and within about 20 minutes I was streaming video from a wireless IP camera to my laptop. A further 10 minutes and I was viewing the video on my iPhone outside the house on a 3G connection.

If you are expecting to unbox, stick the camera on a table and it will work within seconds, then no.....this isn't the camera for you. However if you are willing to spend 20-30 minutes walkinh through each of the clear steps within the provided documentation then you'll be up and running and happy with your purchase.

Also just to clarify, the product comes with a dynamic DNS service already set up for the camera (free for 3 years) so you dont have to worry about No-IP or DYNDNS if you dont have a static IP address at home.

One minor point (which I think has been mentioned before) is the colours are not all that great. Now i've only used this indoors, and the colours are a little off.
I am using this as a nightime baby monitor so this doesnt affect me as I am using nightvision (B&W)....which can I just say is EXCELLENT given the little cost of this camera!

Rated this 4 out of 5 due to the colour issue, however it's 5 out of 5 for the way I am using it.

Tekken Tag Tournament [PS2]
Tekken Tag Tournament [PS2]
Offered by multimedia-online

2.0 out of 5 stars Sadly Disappointed, 6 Dec 2001
I have to say I was VERY disappointed with Tekken tag. I was expecting far too much as I first inserted the Disc into my PS2.
Although the graphics are reasonable for PS2 standards, the speed and agility of the characters is SO poor. I, like many others, enjoy a fast paced fighting game and I have to say this was definately not it. If you want my opinion, go out and buy Dead or Alive 2, now that game ROCKS !!!!!