Profile for LINDA EVANS > Reviews

Content by LINDA EVANS

LINDA EVANS "LINDA EVANS not the star" (Sheffield UK)

The Book of Regional American Cooking
The Book of Regional American Cooking
by Beatrice Ojakangas
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Get It, 16 Jan 2013
I ordered this product. Some time later, I got an email saying the seller couldn't supply it . . not out of stock, just NO. I looked again for the same thing; the same company is still offering to supply. I'd love to review the book, but I can't!

Gaudi: The Complete Buildings (Architecture & Design)
Gaudi: The Complete Buildings (Architecture & Design)
by Rainer Zerbst

5.0 out of 5 stars High-Quality Pictures, 16 Jan 2013
I bought this as a Christmas present for a friend , knowing she's interested in Gaudi. I only had a quick look before wrapping it, and now I feel I must buy one for myself. It's not just the well-known buildings, but Gaudi's lesser-known works come across so well.

Letters To Young Churches
Letters To Young Churches
by J B Phillips

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should read it, 16 Jan 2013
This is a lively, accessible, readable translation of Paul's letters. Accurate, too, whenever I've been talking to someone who can assess this. The quality of the person writing these letters comes across so much more clearly than in the Revised version of the Bible, or others I've tried. I was simply knocked sideways by this book.

Sekonda Men's Quartz Watch with Beige Dial Analogue Display and Gold Stainless Steel Bracelet 3313.27

4.0 out of 5 stars Misled by review, 16 Jan 2013
I like this watch a lot, and it's probably the most handsome watch I've had. But I chose it because competing watches said you couldn't adjust the length of the metal bracelet yourself, but had to send it back for adjustment. A review of this watch said that you COULD adjust bracelet length yourself. Since I was without a watch, and wanted one quickly (it's very frustrating not having a watch), I chose this watch. It turns up and the blurb says "You can't adjust the length yourself; send it back for several days. And the supplied length measurement paper was insufficiently accurate for its job, even had I been disposed to get rid of my new watch. I push it hard up my arm, and it's just about OK. Not ideal.