Profile for Sarah Mackins > Reviews

Content by Sarah Mackins

Sarah Mackins

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
The 365 Day Vacation: How to Cleverly Travel The World On A Shoestring Budget While Having The Time Of Your Life
Price: 1.87

3.0 out of 5 stars good for solo travellers not for families as much, 14 Feb 2014
This has useful tips for solo travellers or maybe adult couples I was hoping for some family tips as would be great to travel more cheaply as a couple with two pre-school children unfortunately this section was what this book seemed to be missing :(

The Baby Trap
The Baby Trap
Price: 2.44

4.0 out of 5 stars realistic yet lighthearted humorous look at the trials of fertility treatment, 21 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Baby Trap (Kindle Edition)
Most realistic book I've read following the trials and tribulations of a couple experiencing fertility treatment, as someone whose gone through fertility issues myself it was obvious from the outset that the author had too it is the only way you could understand it and put into words so well.
Fully recommended to anyone going through and / or gone through the same thing can be quite reflective to read

The Happiest Season
The Happiest Season
Price: 1.93

4.0 out of 5 stars Most unique way of bringing two characters together I've read in ages ;) lol, 13 Dec 2013
Lovely story, thoroughly enjoyed the innocent banter from the little boy Rickey and the extraordinary misadventures that befall him and his mum to make a very unique bringing together of single mum Maggie and her new prospective partner after little Rickey asks not Santa but God for a new daddy for Christmas
Mentions of religion brief in the first half and fell in with storyline, increased in second half but not enough to withdraw from lovely storyline but something to be aware of if Christian romance isn't your sort of thing.

Christmas At Copper Mountain (Taming of the Sheenans Book 1)
Christmas At Copper Mountain (Taming of the Sheenans Book 1)
Price: 1.85

3.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable but nothing special, 6 Dec 2013
From the write up I was looking forward to this the story had such potential unfortunately it was quite middle of the road, enjoyable enough to finish but nothing special

Sleigh Bells in the Snow
Sleigh Bells in the Snow
Price: 3.66

5.0 out of 5 stars gorgeous festive romance reading, 4 Dec 2013
I'm a fan of both Christmas and of Sarah Morgan so putting the two together was as usual a great festive read. Loved the characters in this story and look forward to future stories in the series.

Hand Made Kids Art: 12 days of Holiday Crafting for Toddlers and Preschoolers
Hand Made Kids Art: 12 days of Holiday Crafting for Toddlers and Preschoolers
Price: 1.94

4.0 out of 5 stars finally crafts clearly aimed at the right age group, 14 Nov 2013
This book has some great simple ideas aimed clearly for toddlers and pre-school children as intended with some nice finished products rather than just handprint pictures and similar you'd normal find in similar books

Calling All Honeybees! A Kids Book About Honeybees & How They Make Honey.
Calling All Honeybees! A Kids Book About Honeybees & How They Make Honey.
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars very informative, 5 Nov 2013
A bit too old for my own daughter though she was looking at the pictures and listening to sections it was too long to hold her interest properly, I admit I learnt things myself that I never knew about bees.

Rose Harbor in Bloom (Rose Harbor 2)
Rose Harbor in Bloom (Rose Harbor 2)
by Debbie Macomber
Price: 3.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Free copy much enjoyed, 27 Sep 2013
Well I started this on Tuesday and even with a busy schedule and two small children finished it Saturday evening!!! This set still continues to reveal information of Cedar Cove characters which for someone like myself who hasn't finished the set means updated information in advance of reading full story so would recommend this set only after reading full cedar cove set first.
Having found the first book predictable I was hoping this book would have better B&B guests giving a better set of stories this time around, I did find this quite predictable in places but I did connect better with this second installment and the new and old characters it held. It did recap characters from book one and gave updates as it went so this set it would appear will need to be read in order to avoid spoilers and to keep the events of the main characters life in order. I've quite gelled with Jo Marie Rose and look forward to future installments meanwhile I will catch up on the cedar cove set I've still to read to try and avoid future spoilers.

The Mistaken
The Mistaken
by Nancy S. Thompson
Price: 10.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Great debut novel with plenty of suspense, twists and thrills, 11 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Mistaken (Paperback)
I was gifted a copy of this book and although not what I read all the time I am glad I took the time to read this as it has been a five star read that has held my interest from page one.
As a debut novel it is written at a standard equal to seasoned authors, the description and comparisons used within the text are fantastic.
The chapters swapping from different character perspectives made it easy to connect and relate with the various characters introduced into the complex twisting storyline.
Couldn't wait to pick this up each evening until it was finished and looking forward to reading more from this author once her sequel "Leverage" comes out early 2014

The Learning Curve
The Learning Curve
Price: 3.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book but lost marks for bad moral examples and swearing too much, 23 Aug 2013
Well finally finished this, initially it took a while to get into (but on hindsight I had more than one book on the go which also distracted me from this one). Once I got into this it was an easy going typical chick lit feel good read. A lot of the usual love triangle complications as to who would end up with who, and a helping of character twists and turns to spice it up a bit. Overall 4.5/5 marked down for the un-neccessarily used swearing (some I accepted as appropriately placed in situations where they would be used realistically but some seemed placed just for the sake of it) and the fact that from the storyline during the start it was obvious a character did her make up while driving!!! A safety issue I'm inclined not to condone, overlook or endorse!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9