Profile for Jack, Steam: RedCell 89 > Reviews

Content by Jack, Steam: R...

Jack, Steam: RedCell 89 "Origin: Tessellated-Toad" (uk)

Plantronics GameCom 367 Closed Ear Gaming Headset
Plantronics GameCom 367 Closed Ear Gaming Headset

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound quality, 21 Jan. 2012
I just got these today and couldn't wait to try them after reading some good reviews on here. The headphones are nicely built and feel solid, the microphone can be tucked away along the headpiece holding the muffs if your not using it which is a nice touch. I have worn them for a few hours none stop now as i have just finished a gaming session and they are tight on your head and very comfortable, they are not heavy either which is a bonus.

Now onto the sound, I played some music off my PC and they are very nice, the Bass is well... bassy. Gimmie the Loot by Notorious B.I.G sounds epic with these headphones.

I then proceeded to have a blast on Battlefield 3 to see what that sounded like and my oh my these are great!!. I was having a game of conquest on the Operation firestorm map (big open area in the desert for those of you who don't know) and first thing i noticed was the wind! these babies don't hold back on the sound. the wind was clear as clear can be... something of which i never noticed on my old Headphones. I then fired my weapon and literally nearly burst my eardrums, the echo and everything just made my spine tingle at how immense it all sounded with this headset. I was capturing a point inside one of the Factory buildings and a MASSIVE explosion blasted just outside of where i was and no kidding i involuntarily let off a swear word and nearly dropped a bomb myself it sounded like i was actually there!!!. This Headset for the price i got it for £17.99 is the best value for money i have ever spent, i have never experienced sound quality like it. I can't wait to try a Horror movie with these.

I recorded my voice to test the microphone and it was suprisingly clear as stated in other reviews, i have yet to use it in my games so in the meantime it is tucked away :).

I rate this product 10/5stars they are amazing and for £18 your going to have an immense experience with sound. The build quality is high for such a low price... Highly recommended product for gaming. If your looking for a Headset look no further.

LG D2342P-PN 23 inch Widescreen 3D LED Monitor
LG D2342P-PN 23 inch Widescreen 3D LED Monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing monitor., 5 Jan. 2012
I was on the market for a new Monitor and i was just going to buy a cheap 22" 1080p monitor. Then i did some digging, and finally come to this product. I Tried to find information about this monitor but hadn't come up with anything at all about it. I read user reviews and as many as i could find because you have to know what the quality is like.

Anyway where do i start?.
I plugged everything in with the DVI cable that come with the monitor (VGA Cable also included) and there was no dead or stuck pixels. After a few tweaks with the overscan on my ATI Control centre and a few colour adjustments and with 3D Colour mode turned on in the Monitors settings i have to say this screen is so damn sexy. The picture quality in 2D is immense and probably the best quality i have ever seen. Pictures are vibrant with colours i have never seen from a monitor before it truly is stunning.

Now i installed the 3D Software that come with the monitor with no problems, and once its installed its best to restart your PC. After the reboot i opened the TriDef 3D application and was greeted with the choice of viewing some demonstration pictures which just blew my mind. The 3D is really cool, it feels like you are there and can move to look behind an object its freaky awesome.

After that out the way i tried the standard DVD 2D to 3D option, i popped in wonders of the solar system into my machine and tried the 3D setting. From my short experience the 3D was not that great in that area, to make the DVD into 3D the video shrinks in size to make the 3D effect, which ruins the pleasure of watching a normal DVD for me.

Now, Gaming performance. What is it like? is it any good?. well all i can say is YES, it is a far better experience playing in 3D than 2D. I have been playing Skyrim and that game in 3D is absolutely remarkable. the sense of being there is awesome, i was stood around a camp fire and it looked like reality its sort of hard to explain in words as you have to experience it. I tried the Free assassins creed game and the 3D is not very good with that game, i have tried tweaking a few settings within the Tridef controls but it just didn't look like the other games. I have tried 3D with only a few of my games, The included Assassins creed Brotherhood, Mass Effect 2, Skyrim, and Battlefield 3.

I would strongly advise if you are a gamer then to have a decent PC first off. I have a PhenomII 955BE, 4GB RAM and a Sapphire HD5850xtreme. with Skyrim running in 3D on high settings with AA turned off i get around 30FPS running around the wilderness, in confined dungeons it is really nice and frames are high. Battlefield 3 however i simply cannot run. Without 3D i am capable of high settings in 1080p with 45+FPS (no AA). In 3D my frames are below 10FPS on high. So unless you are willing to sacrifice graphics then you will be fine or if you have a powerful PC you will be blessed.

The content in the box includes,

The Monitor
Power cable (kettle type)
Assassins creed Brotherhood
VGA cable
DVI cable
Drivers cd
Tridef exe cd
Tridef booklet
LG warranty card
1 pair of glasses
1 pair of clip ons (for those who wear glasses)
and a cleaning cloth.

the glasses come in their very own protective pouches too which is a nice touch.

My Conclusion.
If you are an ATI user like me you know you can't have the ready made 3D like Nvidia 3D vision so we have to look at third party software. This Monitor and the bundled software is all you need to make your gaming sessions that much better. This is a truly astonishing monitor for the price (i got for £165) and should not be off your radar when looking for a new Monitor.

I rate this product,
Picture quality in 2D is 10/10 truly nice visuals and vibrancy.
3D quality 8/10,
it offers a far better gaming experience (if you have a good PC). I chose 8/10 because a few games had some ghosting when using 3D and the 2D to 3D wasn't that good.
Build quality 9/10,
The stand can wobble a bit when you knock your desk but overall this is high quality product.

Overall 9.5/10, truly amazing and you will be very happy with your purchase. you should consider this even if 3D is not your thing because the monitor offers an amazing 2D viewing. It is also compatible with PS3 3D games, and 3D blu ray movies and players. I believe it is also compatible with Sky HD with the Sky box connected with a HDMI.

I hope you take the time to read this review as i have taken my time to write it, and i have tried to include everything that this monitor offers, thanks for reading.
RedTop.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 3, 2014 5:30 PM BST

ARCTIC F12 - 120 mm Standard Low Noise Case Fan
ARCTIC F12 - 120 mm Standard Low Noise Case Fan

5.0 out of 5 stars SO Amazing, 14 Sept. 2011
Really i ordered one of these as an exhaust fan and my oh my it does the job perfectly. during gaming my AMD stock heatsink Fan no longer has to kick in to hair dryer sounds because this fan quickly exhausts the heat really well. it is so good and quiet that i have bought a second one for intake as these things really shift cold air. i think its the design of the fins.

please note that this fan is connected to my motherboard so is controlled and not on a direct cable to my PSU so i cannot comment on how loud it will get if you are hooking it straight up to the PSU.