Profile for Grr > Reviews

Content by Grr

Grr "Gumbo" (England)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Igenix IG3020 4 Slice Toaster in White with Six Position Variable Control, 1300 Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing fancy, b ut does everything you need a toaster to do!, 2 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have had many toasters over the years, from flashy gaudy models to Value brands. This toaster is a more basic model and although the colour in the picture shows it as white the one we have is more off white - not a problem but we are not matching up a kitchen at the moment. It is a clean looking machine with a rounded design. all the controls are in one area and are easy to understand and use. The cord is a reasonable length but could be a bit longer to reach the plug sockets on our kitchen a little more easily.

The toaster is big enough for the 4 slices and toasts well and also quickly. The slices come out evenly coloured and nice and crisp. There is an easy to empty crumb tray so you can keep the unit clean and there are some nice features which raise it above the basic level - you can toast frozen bread and reheat, there is an efficient stop button which causes the toast to pop up.

We really like this toaster, it's easy to use, produces exactly what we want and is not obtrusive in the kitchen.

AmiGami Giraffe Figure
AmiGami Giraffe Figure

4.0 out of 5 stars Imagintive plaything for 7-12 year olds., 1 Mar. 2015
This review is from: AmiGami Giraffe Figure (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There is much to applaud in the AmiGami range, I feel they are well considered and encourage imagination and individuality. I let my 7 year old niece loose on this during a weekend visit and she had a lot of fun customising her giraffe and added lots of features.

She was kept really well entertained by this toy for a few hours and I can't help but feel that, if she'd had a friend or if her sister or my children were closer in age, they'd have had enormous amounts of fun if they had one each to play with and I would strongly recommend this if anyone reading is considering doing so. I think kids between 7-12 would enjoy this toy.

The materials don't feel especially high quality, hence four rather than five stars, but my niece was totally untroubled by this and was loudly exclaiming how she was looking forward to showing it off in the playground on Monday - which is of the upmost importance to youngsters of course. As such, 4 stars is the least I could give.

Avojo Black Peel Off Mask Set of 4 Sachets (10ml each)
Avojo Black Peel Off Mask Set of 4 Sachets (10ml each)
Offered by Instant Beauty Fix

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard work with a minimal result, 26 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have used many facemasks in my time and most of them have been a pleasant experience with a nice smell or texture which helped me to relax and then a simple removal process leaving me with softer, smoother brighter skin....this is not the case with the Avojo Black Peel Off Mask!

This mask is somewhat expensive overall compared with others I have used and for me personally it was pretty awful. The mask itself is black in colour and does not have a particularly pleasant odour. I had read other reviews on here about how difficult it is to dry and remove and as such I only used a thin layer of the mask on my face, but this was enough. It still seemed to take a long time to dry and removal of the mask was quite a challenge. It did not peel off easily and I was left with small patches which I had to scrub off.

Once removed my skin did appear marginally brighter and smoother but not more so than with other less tar like masks. In many ways part of the joy of using a face mask is the relaxing experience that goes with it leading to a much more pleasing than usual glance in the mirror afterwards. They really are not meant to be hard work and sadly this one really does feel like a bit of a chore and an expensive one at that. I am giving 2 stars as my skin did fee a little better after using it, but really cannot give more due to that fact it did less than cheaper makes I have used in the past and it really is pretty tough to get off once its on there!

Oral-B PRO 2000 Pink Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
Oral-B PRO 2000 Pink Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush

4.0 out of 5 stars Sparkling teeth...and it's pink if you like that sort of thing!, 22 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very pink toothbrush clearly aimed at those who like the colour. I don't really have a preference towards pink but the bright colour does make it easy to spot in the bathroom next to the other toothbrushes for the family and in a washbag when travelling. It does nothing to help functionality but does help brighten up the sink. It is compatible with other Oral-B chargers which is a really good thing as I have been able to keep my old charger and have a spare to take away with me etc. You can also use different Oral B heads to suit your preferences so allows you to make sure you are getting the best clean for you.

When I started up this toothbrush the first thing I noticed is that it is quite noisy compared to some I have owned. This is not in itself a bad thing but if you need to be particularly quiet at night (if you have small children who sleep lightly perhaps) then this is something to note before buying. The brush holds the charge well and you don't need to plug it in very often - you also get warned if the charge is running low with a little light at the bottom of the brush - this also flashes while charging to let you know the electricity is getting through.

The toothbrush has two speeds, one which is constant and one which pulses. I find both are useful at different times. You simply press the brush on once for a constant speed and twice for pulsing. This does mean to turn the brush off you need to press it twice if using the constant speed - something which took me a little while to get used to.

The pressure sensitive warning light is really noticeable which is a good thing. I am certainly brushing more lightly than I have done. Not that the light was going off at all times but when I adjusted my hold or changed angle it did light up so it has made me more aware of what I am doing when brushing my teeth which can only be a good thing.

There is an app you can download to work with this brush but as I do not tend to bring my phone/tablet etc into the bathroom with me when I am getting ready for bed I found this feature a little redundant. If however you are someone who brushes with one hand and texts with the other you may find it more useful.

Price wise I have found this to be in the mid range and it certainly performs at this level if not a little higher. There are better brushes out there but for basic functionality and ensuring you get good clean teeth then this is worthwhile. A good solid 4 stars from me as it could be a little quieter and maybe have more different speeds etc.

Revlon Blush Brush
Revlon Blush Brush

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little brush, 13 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Revlon Blush Brush (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely quality brush. It arrives in a plastic pouch and this is where I tend to store it when not in use - something I find extremely handy as it means any powder on it is easily contained and does not get into my handbag etc.

The brush itself is lovely and soft and it picks up and holds powder really well. It applies it in an even way and I find it easy to use to help blend the powder out over my face. The handle of the brush is easy to grip and not slippery as I have found with some brushes in the past and the fact that it has a red highlight of colour on it makes it stand out in a dark make up bag. The brush itself is nice and compact so if you do want to take it out with you then it is not too bulky.

Overall I am really pleased with this little brush and it has become a welcome part of my make up routine.

Revlon Highlighting Palette - 7.5 g, Bronze
Revlon Highlighting Palette - 7.5 g, Bronze

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product but not the one pictured., 13 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As other reviews have stated the product I received is not the one pictured. The product I received is a bronzer in a shade called Bronzilla/Bronzette. It comes in a single block of colour with a brush in the compact for application and a small mirror in the lid so you can apply on the move.

The brush applies the colour well and the bronzer itself applies evenly and you do not need much to notice a colour difference. I found it was fairly long lasting and I did not need to apply often to keep a glowing shade, however it is a shame that this did not have the other shades pictured as I would have like to try out more blending techniques to highlight different areas of my face.

Overall I am pleased with the results that this bronzer gives and like the fact that you have a brush included so that if you are out and about you only ned to pick up the compact and nothing else. It is also a reasonable price and not overly expensive.

Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Count and Learn Piggy Bank
Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Count and Learn Piggy Bank

5.0 out of 5 stars Small and prefectly formed, 9 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The success of this product lies in its simplicity, coins go in the pig, coins come out of the pig, coins go in the pig, coins come out of the pig...rinse and repeat, and repeat, and repeat - it's like toddler catnip. It is a really great little toy for a wide age range. Our 4 month old loves watching the pig and hearing all the noises it makes and our 2.5 year old is obsessed with putting the coins into the pig and then getting them to tumble out.

To make the piggy bank make noise all you do is press the snout, something which is almost irresistible to anyone, pig snouts need to be pressed! There is also a switch on the body of the pig which allows you to adjust things depending on the age of the child you wish to entertain so you can help with learning numbers, colours and even words in French. You can also control the volume - a vitally important component of any electronic toy to help retain parental sanity.

I love this toy and watching my little ones with it. It is big enough to withstand tough play and small enough to pack away neatly. It appeals to all from 0 - 3 (and many adults - I have recently discovered) and both genders. There are no really small parts to lose and it is brightly coloured with enough electronic phrases and songs to keep little ones entertained and not drive parents crazy. Pretty perfect in every way - either for your own children or as a gift.

Dettol Antibacterial Laundry Cleanser Powder 990 g (Pack of 3)
Dettol Antibacterial Laundry Cleanser Powder 990 g (Pack of 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the solution it first appears to be!, 3 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a household with a potty training toddler I was looking forward to trying this product out. We have been going through several pairs of pants and trousers a day and this on top of us getting a bug stomach bug meant that I was a little more conscious about getting everything clean. That said if I did not have these things to contend with there is no way I would buy an antibacterial powder as I don't believe it is required. We seem obsessed with getting rid of germs at the moment when actually there really is no need for the extremes of anti bac wipes etc we are sold. A good washing machine should leave clothes clean and as it is best to do a high temp wash every now and then to help keep your machine in good condition our bed sheets and towels are put through once every month or so at a temperature which will kill off bugs anyway.

The product arrives in a plastic tub with a screw top lid and a scoop hidden somewhere inside! To use the product you have to place your clothes in a bucket with some warm water and add a scoop of the Dettol cleanser leave for 5 minutes and then out your clothes into the machine and wash like usual. As others have mentioned this means there is an extra stage involved in doing your laundry which is a real shame. I think Dettol would have been far better developing a washing detergent which you could add to your machine during the wash. This would not only make it simpler to use but would have the added benefit of killing germs in your machine.

The cleanser smells good and nice and fresh and it does seem to clean clothes off during the soak as well as kill off germs but I just can't get over the extra stage, and having read the excellent review where we learn that the product effectiveness diminishes over time, I do not think this is a particularly innovative or useful product. There is a gap in the market for something like this to be used now and then to deal with specific situations (such as potty training etc) but this does not provide the solution required. It is a halfway house and I would much rather wait until a more effective product has been developed.

Revlon Nail Enamel - 14.7 ml, Red
Revlon Nail Enamel - 14.7 ml, Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous nails!, 3 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely nail varnish. The colour is vibrant and bright and it is easy to apply with a nice size brush that works well with the consistency of the nail varnish itself.

The varnish applies well but you do need to do quite a thin coat to get it drying quickly. If the coat is too thick it takes longer and I found that it can still dent/scratch for quite a while after application if it is too thickly applied. Personally I found that two thin coats of the varnish was enough to create a nice vibrant colour. My nails looked bright, smooth and glossy.

Most nail varnishes do tend to chip after a while and this was no exception, but the chips were small and did not appear for several days after application.

All in all a great colour that lasts and applies well at a decent price.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick - 4.2 g, Pink in the Afternoon
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick - 4.2 g, Pink in the Afternoon

5.0 out of 5 stars Save all your kisses for me!, 1 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love this lipstick, it is a really subtle colour which is strong enough to be noticeable but not overpowering. It is perfect for everyday wear when you want to wear make up but not really look like it.

The lipstick applies easily and smoothly. It has a thick texture which covers well and leaves my lips feeling moisturised. The colour appeared even and lasted well. I did have to reapply later in the day but this is not a problem for me as long as it lasts 4 hours plus I am a happy bunny.

The lipstick itself looks sleek and well designed, the simple black and gold gives it a touch of class and price wise it is very reasonable. A winner all round.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20