Profile for Grr > Reviews

FUTURO 48510EN Adjustable Therapeutic Arch Support
FUTURO 48510EN Adjustable Therapeutic Arch Support

5.0 out of 5 stars Relief for painful feet, 11 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having suffered for several years with arch pain along with several instances of plantar fasciitis I am always on the look out for things that will help with this and these arch supports from Futuro are just what I have been needing.

The supports themselves are thin pieces of plastic inserted into fabric straps that you then fasten to your feet. There are two pieces of plastic support for each foot meaning you can start out using one to get used to wearing them and then graduate to a firmer level of support with both pieces of plastic inserted. The straps are stretchy and fasten with velcro meaning they are adjustable to fit most foot sizes. I did find them a little tricky to do up on one side but I put this down to being left handed and trying to do it at an awkward angle and against my natural lean for which side goes on top.

I found the supports were extremely comfortable to wear - though in the first few days you may not want to wear them for more than a few hours at once as they do take a little getting used to and I found that they tired my feet out quicker than usual. The straps have an anti odour protection and are also washable so you don't have to worry about them getting old and smelly.

Although I have not worn these for a great length of time I have found them to be wonderfully beneficial to how my feet feel. For under £20 these would be a great investment for anyone searching for a solution to arch pain. Although not everything works for everyone you can afford to try these out without breaking the bank!

OPUS ML038B Premium Feeding Station
OPUS ML038B Premium Feeding Station

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely looking bird feeder, 11 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a simple bird feeder that is designed for use in the garden. It was easy to put together and although it is not of the best quality once assembled it feels sturdy and strong. Once it is staked into the ground it does feel quite secure, though if it is extremely windy or if the ground gets very wet I can imagine it may get a bit wobbly.

You are given three hooks to hang things from so you can have a variety of foods as well as a water tray and a food tray. It can be somewhat tough to get a suet ball into the holder that has been provided but I found a way in the end and this seems to work well. In the past when I have had suet balls they have been immediately pulled to pieces and knocked to the ground by larger birds with greedy appetites. By having one in this holder I have found they are unable to do this so smaller birds can get access more easily. The little bird feeder supplied that looks like a small bird house is a nice decorative addition to the feeder.

Overall this looks great in our garden. We are lucky in that we don't have a huge number of squirrels about so do not have to worry about it being climbed, but we do have large numbers of foxes scouting about (often in the daylight as well as night) so it's good to make sure birds don't have to land at low levels. I can't imagine it will last for more than 3 years but I think overall it is a good investment for anyone wanting to attract birds to their garden.

Maybelline Fit Me Powder 9g
Maybelline Fit Me Powder 9g

3.0 out of 5 stars A good powder for paler skin tones but badly packaged, 7 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a pressed powder in a compact case with applicator puff and a mirror. The case is a nice size which fits easily into my bag and the powder itself applies well and evenly on my skin. The fact you can buy this in a wide range of shades is great as it means you can chose a really good match for your skin tone ......as long as you have pale skin. There is not really any option for darker skin tones which is a shame and is the reason I have removed a star from my review. Also please note that at the time of writing the price of the compact is around the £5 mark for most shades but the one shade which is a little darker is currently priced at £7.99 so around £2.50 - £3.00 more expensive - I cannot think of any reason for such a large price difference (about 50% more expensive) as it is essentially the same product!

The second reason I have a taken a star off my review for this product is because I find the compact design a little confusing. The powder itself is sitting in a tray in the top of the compact so you open it and the powder is there - great so you can see the colour through the transparent lid but the mirror you use to help apply it is underneath the powder as is the application puff. This means you open the compact, lift the powder up, remove the puff, put the powder down, put powder on the puff, lift the powder up, apply using the mirror, drop the powder down again, reapply to the puff, lift the powder up again and so on. Not only does this make applying the powder a little tricky but as the hinge on the powder tray is quite loose you can end up banging the powder back into place without meaning to. This is not so much of an issue when the powder tray is full but as you get lower the layer of powder gets thinner and the risk of the powder cake cracking and splintering becomes greater and when this happens you need to get a refill. It seems silly that if you just put the powder on the very bottom of the compact or the mirror in the lid you would end up with a far more user friendly product.

The product itself is pretty good, removes shine and covers well on my skin. It works for my skin tone and does a good job but overall the bad compact design and the lack of options for darker skin means it only gets 3 stars in my book.

Crock-Pot Multi-Cooker, 5.6 Litre
Crock-Pot Multi-Cooker, 5.6 Litre
Offered by Lakeland

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Piece of Kitchen Equipment, 4 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a truly exceptional product that I am delighted to have had the opportunity to review. I've been impressed with Kitchen gadgets and equipment before but this is really, really outstanding and I confidently predict that it will be a staple part of my cookery for a long, long time to come.

Does the above sound overly gushing and effusive? Well, it's honestly justified. This is a top notch piece of kit that fully justifies it's price tag, in fact I believe it represents very good value for money. Indeed, I have been so glowing in my praise (and used it so much over the recent festive period) that my Mother has already ordered one and my Brother in Law is also planning to purchase. My (not so) old, faithful slow cooker has been retired from active duty for the foreseeable future because this beast has rendered it all but obsolete.

What does this machine do then? It slow cooks superbly, it sears and browns, it roasts, it steams and bakes. Frankly I'm a bit disappointed that it doesn't sing and dance and tut if you add too much salt or chilli to a dish. I've used all the settings so far several times (With the exception of baking -sorry) and have never been less that satisfied with its performance and have regularly been delighted.

The Slow Cook option is first rate, being able to sear and brown meat and onions in the same pot first is a real bonus too. It has a few different cooking temperatures and can be set for times. I've found it to be a more efficient cooker that others I have encountered, so dishes have been ready a little sooner than I may previously have expected. It did a magnificent job with the Venison, Chestnut, Port and Redcurrant Casserole I made for Christmas Eve.

The Roast option was a godsend on Christmas day, giving me an alternative place to roast my spuds, parsnips and Beetroot. All of which came out fantastically well. I would be very confident roasting a meat joint in here as well.

I've only used the Steam option once for some Kale and Broccoli but this seemed to perform perfectly well. Not sure it's something I would use it for that often though as it's no easier that using a pan.

It's big too. Bigger than I'd normally need truth be told as we are a family of four but two are under 5 years.This has a 5.6 litre capacity which is easily adequate to feed six hungry mouths. The controls are very straight forward and simple and it's very energy efficient as well. All told it is very hard to find any notable flaw with it, and I've tried.

I can honestly say that I have used this machine a few times every week at least over the last month and I don't believe it's novelty will wear off. This has it's permanent home next to our microwave and I envisage that it will get more use. As such I strongly and enthusiastically recommend this item.

As well as the above I have cooked the following meals with his very happily: Chilli, Bolognese, Chicken Curry, French Onion Soup, Red Beans & Rice and various roasted root vegetables.

My Little Pony Princess Twilight Sparkle's Playset
My Little Pony Princess Twilight Sparkle's Playset

2.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy Castle, 28 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
An impressively boxed playset that would no doubt delight any child who loves the Pony range, the contents of the box are a little underwhelming truth be told. Whilst the play set delighted my nieces (aged 5 and 8 respectively), I wouldn't let my baby or toddler near it because the materials feel cheap and the plastic doesn't feel robust enough to withstand the rather enthusiastic attention they would inflict on it. It's rather prone to collapsing

I'd also note that only one pony is included so would not recommend it unless you already have some other Ponies otherwise Twilight Sparkle cuts a rather solitary figure. The inclusion of a second Pony would have been very welcome and not unreasonable given the cost of the set.

Overall, this isn't a terribly bad toy but I say this only with the caveat that the recipient is a child who will play very gently with it or I fear it may prove a broken or frustrating disappointment

Miracle-Gro AeroGarden Sprout Plus LED with Gourmet Herb Seed Pod Kit, Black
Miracle-Gro AeroGarden Sprout Plus LED with Gourmet Herb Seed Pod Kit, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuinely useful and interesting kitchen gadget, 17 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a fabulous little kitchen gadget!

I love growing things and out in the garden I seem to have reasonable green fingers - when it comes to indie the house however it is a different matter - especially when it comes to herbs as they all die off in a very short time and this little herb grower is fabulous. It's not as big as I expected and so is easy to store in the kitchen - you need a space about the size of a reasonable toaster or a little larger. It requires a plug socket so be aware when siting it - it's also worth noting you may need to keep it clear of under cupboard lighting and such.

The idea is simple, you add water, plant food and seed pods that are supplied with the machine turn it on and off you go. Settings for the light are pre programmed but can be adjusted if you need to. You are notified when you need to add food or water so hopefully you will end up with lovely fresh herbs which you can keep cutting and using on and on. Unlike normally when I forget to water, or water too much or simply don't feed at all!

Although this kit comes with herbs you can buy other kits to grow different foods - tomatoes, salads etc and the height of the lamp itself can be adjusted so accommodate plants as they get taller!

This is not a particularly cheap piece of kit, but it is a great and unusual gift idea and so far seems to do exactly what it says on the tin! Looking forward to when my little plants are fully grown and having lovely fresh herbs on a regular basis!

It's a really great little gadget for anyone who loves food or gardening. I

Garnier Skin Naturals Pure Active Moisturiser 50ml
Garnier Skin Naturals Pure Active Moisturiser 50ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Redness and irritation calmed without drying my skin, 15 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an extremely well priced moisturiser designed to work with problem skin to help control oil and prevent breakouts. It has a nice fresh fragrance and it is easily absorbed into the skin without leaving an oily residue. It leave my skin looking matt and shine free for a good couple of hours.

The pump action bottle lasts a good length of time and you do not need to apply too much for it to be enough for your face. The salicylic acid and herbasoothe it contains are designed to help remove dirt and purify the skin while soothing down any redness and I have found that in this it is really pretty effective.

Overall I do really like this moisturiser and although I odn't think I will use it every day as my skion can get a little dry it will be really useful if I do get any spots or redness to help calm my skin and make sure the breakout doesn't get any worse.

Garnier Daily Dark Spot Perfector Moisturiser 50ml
Garnier Daily Dark Spot Perfector Moisturiser 50ml

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely moisturiser that works well on my skin, 15 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a moisturiser deisng to help reduce blemishes on the skin and generally brighten its appearance. It comes in an easy to carry tube with a very thin end nozzle to help ensure that the product does not shoot out everywhere as it is of a medium consistancy and not as thick as some creams out there so could be easy to spill without such a small nozzle.

When you apply the cream it absorbs well into the skin and has a pleasant citrus type fragrance which is in no way overpowering. It moistusises well and seems to last for the day without the need for re-application. At present my skin does not have many blemishes on it but this cream does seem to help even my skin tone out and also brighten it up - especially after a long day.

The price of the moisturiser is pretty decent when compared to others in the same category and I would very happily use this on a daily basis.

L'Oreal Triple Active Nourish Moisturiser - 50 ml
L'Oreal Triple Active Nourish Moisturiser - 50 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective daily moisturiser, 15 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a rich facial moisturising cream designed for every day use. It comes in a traditional 50ml pot with a screw on lid.

The cream is thick and luxurious and a little goes a long way. It absorbs easily into your skin but is extremely strong so might not be suitable for those who do not have dry skin and could lead to break outs if your skin is fairly oily. The cream does have quite a strong fragrance which some might find a little offputting but I do not find it is too over powering at all.

Price wise it is very reasonable compared to many out there and I would happily use this on a regular basis.

L'Oreal Skin Perfection BB Cream - 50 ml, Fair
L'Oreal Skin Perfection BB Cream - 50 ml, Fair

4.0 out of 5 stars Lighter than foundation for every day use, 15 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have tried several BB creams in my time and find them to vary wildly in quality. This cream I do really like. It is a good colour for my skin tone and the fact it is designed for sensitive skin with an SPF 25 is a great bonus. The tube is reasonably large but not too big so it should be easily storable in a handbag.

The BB cream itself is pretty thick when you squeeze it out so you are not likely to get too much in one go. I found that you don't need a huge amount to cover your entire face and when you apply on its own without moisturiser underneath it is absorbed easily and covers reasonably well - though if you do use a moisturiser beforehand make sure it is completely adsorbed as the BB cream will not sit well on top otherwise. It is pretty light feeling which is nice and does cover fine lines and light blemishes but does tend to make my face a little shiny so this may work better on very dry skin. That said I do really like it and it does brighten up my face without making me look too made up or orange. If you get this on your eyebrows you can remove it easily with cotton wool or tissue.

Price wise this is competitive with most of those out there and I find it an easy to use alternative to foundation on a daily basis.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20