Profile for Grr > Reviews

Content by Grr

Grr "Gumbo" (England)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Pampers Fresh Clean Wipes - (Pack of 12) (768 Wipes)
Pampers Fresh Clean Wipes - (Pack of 12) (768 Wipes)
Price: 10.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Do the job but strong fragrance, 17 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These wipes are in packs of 64 which makes them last a little longer than many I have tried. They have a conventional sticky tab opening but I did find that the little arrow showing you where to open from is a little camouflaged so the first couple of times I opened them I went from the wrong corner and took the whole label off. Not too much of an issue but with a 21 month old who can spot a packet of wipes a mile off the plastic sticker was soon removed permanently and wipes pulled out all over the living room.

After opening the packet the first thing I noticed was the smell. It is quite a strong baby powder type fragrance which I have to say I am not very fond of. My preference for most things baby is for them to be unperfumed or naturally perfumed and these clearly are not. Expecting another child has also made me ultra sensitive to smell so when I first started using these they did make me feel a tad unwell.

The wipes themselves are soft and moist enough. They clean hands, feet, bottoms, faces, carpets, sofas, surfaces and toys well without too much effort. The residue they leave does seem to last a little longer than some wipes I have used in the past and can make things feel a little sticky for a while.

Overall although they do the job they are intended for my feeling is that for the price you can find a product that does not smell as strong and leaves less of a residue behind. Not a terrible product by any means but certainly not my first port of call when looking for wipes for my son. It is also worth noting that I cannot see anywhere on the packet any mention of the wipes being biodegradable.

Centrum Pregnancy Care Tablets Pack of 30
Centrum Pregnancy Care Tablets Pack of 30
Offered by Pharmacy Place
Price: 4.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, easy to take and store, 17 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As with most pregnancy tablets I am taking these mainly for the folic acid they contain though the extra vitamins are a bonus. They are much smaller than the pills I have taken in the past which makes them easier to swallow and the small bottle means I am able to store them discreetly at work where I find it is easier to remember to take them.

All in all a good product that does what it says on the box.

Weetabix Breakfast Biscuits Fruit and Fibre 50 g (Pack of 4)
Weetabix Breakfast Biscuits Fruit and Fibre 50 g (Pack of 4)
Price: 8.55

4.0 out of 5 stars Fillling and quite tasty, 11 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have dropped a star here simply because I far prefer the cinnamon flavour of these breakfast biscuits, I believe a strong sweet, spice makes these kind of products much more interesting.

That said, the four stars are well deserved here. There is a decent, and unexpected, high fruit content and the biscuits don't have the unpleasant and bland flavourless chew of some competitive products.

Worth a try if the price is good.

Ready Brek Original 250 g (Pack of 6)
Ready Brek Original 250 g (Pack of 6)
Price: 9.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty, easy to make up and great to have at home and in the office!, 27 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love porridge generally but Ready Brek has always been one of my favourites. Somehow with it being so smooth and creamy in texture it is a more satisfying bowl than chunky oats. It is great to keep at work as well as home as it is so simple to make that I can have a bowl at my desk within minutes of arriving in the office.

This has also been great for my 18 month old son who can be a bit fussy about his breakfast if he is a bit tired. He really loves a small bowl of Ready Brek and for an extra treat we put mashed banana and blueberries in it.

Of course the biggest bonus of this is that it is a very healthy start to the day and doesn't have any added sugars like most cereals out there.

So overall what more can you want, tasty, filling, healthy, suitable for home or work and enjoyed by all ages in the family.

Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation - 50 Natural
Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation - 50 Natural
Price: 9.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Feels light, great coverage and well priced, 27 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Prior to trying this I had never used a whipped foundation before so was keen to try this product out. I have quite a pale skin tone so was a little nervous that I had picked a shade that was too dark but I need not have worried. The colour works really well with my skin and gives a nice natural boost to my usual skin tone.

The product itself goes on smoothly and it has a light velvety feel so you really don't need very much to cover you entire face. The colour blends well and doesn't settle in any of my creases or wrinkles. It also lasts really well. As I am not an avid make up wearer it is important to me that when I do apply a product it lasts well and this certainly does. At the end of the day if I have used this foundation I can still clearly tell I am wearing it - though other people don't seem to be able to which I think is always a key point with any make up.

This really is one of the best foundations I have ever tried and I will certainly be making sure I buy more in the future. It boosts my skin tone, evens out my flaws and covers blemishes while at the same time keeping a natural look. Perfect!

Blue Microphones Nessie Adaptive USB Cardioid Microphone
Blue Microphones Nessie Adaptive USB Cardioid Microphone
Price: 79.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Retro looking, simple to use and good quality, 27 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The first thing you notice about this microphone is how lovely looking it is. The retro design really works in its favour. It is also easy to handle and nice and light without feeling tacky. It has clearly had a lot of design thought put into it.

We found that the microphone was fairly simple to set up and after a short while messing about with our settings we were up and running. It was easy to record conversations and when we worked on some basic music all seemed to work well. That said this is not the best microphone out there but it does a decent job for anyone wishing to record at home. If you are looking for top end recording then this is not the mic for you, but for those of us who are just keen amateurs or who only need to record now and again then this is great. It packs away neatly and doesn't take up a lot of space.

I think that when you purchase this you are buying the design as much as you are the recording features and as such it may seem a little expensive compared to some products out there. That said as I am heavily involved in the theatrical world this mic will be wonderful for live radio plays and using sound on stage as well as recording at home. Great stuff!

Max Factor Excess Volume Mascara 1x 20 ml Black
Max Factor Excess Volume Mascara 1x 20 ml Black
Price: 9.53

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product terribly packaged!, 27 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The first thing you notice about this mascara is that it could probably be used as some sort of offensive weapon. It is a proper chunky thing about 6 inches in length but also around an inch in diameter. This makes it pretty much unsuitable as something to take on an evening out (unless you plan on carrying it to attack any assailants). I keep mine at home at all times and use it before going out.

The mascara itself has two brushes one for volume and one to make your lashes nice and shiny! I do fine that the first coat can often be a little clumpy and I have to be careful applying it but the second coat is great and really makes my lashes stand out. It does last well...which is a good thing as there is no way I am taking this out with me. If there was a compact version of this mascara I would make sure I bought one but although a good product, this is just too large and cumbersome to become a standard in my make up bag.

Weetabix Oatybars Rainbow Smashems 23 g (Pack of 5)
Weetabix Oatybars Rainbow Smashems 23 g (Pack of 5)
Price: 8.07

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay but nothing more, 22 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The cereal bar/breakfast biscuit market must be pretty lucrative at the moment given the sheer volume of products appearing on our supermarket shelves. Here is another offering, this time from the Weetabix brand.

Here is the first issue, as others have noted and I could not fail to, these taste nothing at all like Weetabix. Neither in texture, flavour or consistency. This was certainly a disappointment. I was also underwhelmed by the 'rainbow smashems' which appeared to be nothing more than a few very small 'they aren't smarties honest' sprinkled on the top. They were flavourless to my palate to be honest but did at least supply a new texture.

On the plus side, the very mild tastes should mean that even the fussiest of children should enjoy them. The size ideal for 7-13 year olds lunchbox and, when compared to a chocolate bar, they represent a less unhealthy choice - to be clear, these are not marketed as a health food and rightly so but they are much less sugar and fat filled than many snacks.

For curious adults, I suggest looking elsewhere. I found these a bit too bland for my taste and was left a bit indifferent. After the first one, he rest only got eaten when I was bored at the office. Nothing at all unpleasant but I'll not be placing a new order.

RHS Botany for Gardeners: The Art and Science of Gardening Explained & Explored
RHS Botany for Gardeners: The Art and Science of Gardening Explained & Explored
by Geoff Hodge
Price: 13.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, classy and informative, 13 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a gorgeous book. It is a hardback has a lovely cover with gold embossing and illustrations. It has a weighty feel to it and the pages are nice and thick - all of which lend an air of quality and class to the product.

Internally you are not let down either. There are over 200 pages and all of them are full of information and images designed to help you understand more about plants and how they function. It is not a guide to gardening but rather it tells you about the plants themselves and the science behind how they grow.

My father who has been a keen gardener for many years really likes this book and enjoys flicking through its pages and picking up little snippets of information which might be useful for his next growing season - really that is all the review I need. A great book that I am proud to have on my bookshelf.

Clearblue Digital Pregnancy test kit Conception Indicator
Clearblue Digital Pregnancy test kit Conception Indicator
Price: 7.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use and clear results, 30 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We found this pregnancy test extremely simple to use. The instructions were clear and easy to follow. The conception indicator was accurate and a reassuring addition to a standard test. Overall we have been extremely pleased we chose this product rather than some of the cheaper options out there as we had great confidence in its reputation.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20