Profile for Grr > Reviews

Garnier Ambre Solaire Kids Protection Spray SPF50 200ml
Offered by PerfumesUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective sun protection, 26 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have just returned from a week in Southern France where the temperature edged into the 30's on several days - very hot - and with a four year old and an almost-two year old with fair skin, as well as being a freckled person myself, this proved the perfect testing ground for this product.

First things first, it works. None of us have burned at all and I have even managed to achieve something that could be referred to as a rubbish tan! So the product works on both kid and adult skin.

It sprays out easily, absorbs into skin very fast and does not contain any overpowering odour or stickiness. The kids didn't object to it being applied which is basically a massive win.

Overall, a decent product that delivers exactly what you would expect.

Burt's Bees Baby Bee Diaper Ointment 85 g
Burt's Bees Baby Bee Diaper Ointment 85 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Really effective nappy cream, well worth thr price., 7 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been a fan of Burt's Bees products for years now. I have always found they work well with my skin, apply well, smell good and generally are so much nicer than many standard products out there. Yes they do tend to cost a little more but they also last that bit longer and with the extra quality this more than makes up for the few extra pounds.

This nappy cream is no exception. The ointment itself is thick and creamy and when applied it smoothes out easily and covers all nappy rash well. It is a great barrier cream and really protects skin when it is sore. I have used it myself on sore areas from time to time and our three year old also has it applied now and again on dry patches (he suffers from dry skin) and it really does seem to help. Our daughter doesn't mind it being applied and this is no small thing as she is extremely fussy when it comes to nappy cream, nappies and clothing in general.

The fact that this cream is made from natural ingredients and doesn't have any nasties inside it is really great. If at all possible I try and buy natural products wherever I can and this cream has been a great addition to our bathroom cupboard, not just for our smallest one but for the whole family.

Tomy Zootropolis Judy's Carrot Recorder and Badge (Multi-Colour)
Tomy Zootropolis Judy's Carrot Recorder and Badge (Multi-Colour)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, easy to operate and study - just missing a pen!, 7 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a tie in toy to the recent film Zootropolis. It contains a simple recording device in the shape of a carrot and a police badge.

The little carrot recorder is a nice simple toy. It takes two AAA batteries and can clip onto clothes. Sadly it is not also a pen as it is in the film but this did not bother our son for too long. The sturdy little carrot records short bursts of conversation - the description says 10 seconds and the three buttons on the side allow you to turn the carrot on or off, record and stop recording and finally to play back. As it is so simple our three year old learned what to do extremely quickly and he loves playing with it. He is also at the stage where he find repeating what people say the funniest thing ever so this plays to that perfectly.

The little badge that comes with this also clips to clothing and so it just adds a little bit to the role play element.

Overall this is an entertaining little toy that provides a lot of fun. It is such a shame that the pen element was not also included as this would really make it stand out and the lack of this is my reason for the 4 stars rather than 5.

PhilaeEC Women's Spiral Steel Boned Lace Underbust Corset Waist Trainer (Black, 2XL)
Offered by PhilaeEC

5.0 out of 5 stars A well priced, quality product that has a noticable effect on your figure without being too restrictive, 2 Jun. 2016
I really liked this corset. It is very well made with straight seams, strong boning which is pretty essential if you want something to have a noticeable effect on your figure but it is also made form a soft elasticated material which allows your skin to breathe and gives some flexibility of movement. It is nowhere near rigid enough for any sort of proper waist training and doesn't have lacing for this either but it is certainly a lot stronger than many of the corsets I have worn in the past.

I found that for me the fit of this corset was extremely good and the three rows of hooks and eyes mean I can easily tighten or loosen the corset as required. It does more than smooth out my figure and holds in many of my lumps and bumps but is not too tight or constricting.

The lace covering of the corset is very pretty and feminine. The corset washes well as long as you either do it by hand or in a very gentle wash in a machine. I allow mine to dry naturally and it retains its shape and form well.

Overall if you are looking for a first corset at a decent price this would be a good option to get your body used to how one feels before you decide if you would like to wear one more regularly or decide to move towards any waist training options.

Colyanda Women's Lace Steel Boned Underbust Waist Cincher CRT2002(Flesh 3XL)
Colyanda Women's Lace Steel Boned Underbust Waist Cincher CRT2002(Flesh 3XL)
Offered by Colyanda EU

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made but a little too long for my figure and the boning is not really strong enough., 2 Jun. 2016
This is a very basic bustier/corset. It is well constructed but the boning is not that strong and will not do much to hold your body in shape, especially when the boning warms up and moulds to your body instead of the opposite. That said it is comfortable to wear and the three lines of hooks mean you can tighten or loosen it as required. It is available in several colours and I have the cream one which is very pretty. It is also well sewn with seams well completed and nothing sticking out. I have won it under jeans and a top and although it doesn't redefine my figure it does help to smooth out some of the lumps and bumps.

As I am a little shorted than average I do also find that the corset is slightly long for my body so the bones tend to dig into the flesh underneath my breasts and into my armpits if I wear this for too long.

For the price I would say that this is a good deal as long as you are not looking for something that will have a transformative effect on your figure. It will help to create a smoother silhouette but will not provide drastic results. Also if you are around 5 ft 2 like me you may not find it comfortable for long periods.

Senchanting Women's Black Faux Leather Steampunk Overbust Lace up Corset Spiral Steel Boned Costume Bustier (L)
Offered by Senchant

5.0 out of 5 stars Slightly small fitting but good quality and well put together, 2 Jun. 2016
Please note that I was supplied with a free of charge product in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.

When I opened this corset it was clear that this was a well made product. The boning feels strong and sturdy, the external fabric is well stitched and the lining is soft and helps to stop anything digging into your body. The front fastening are a definite feature and really add to the look of the corset. These are well fixed to the bodice and when secured and locked into place the hold the corset together well.

When you put the corset on you will need to loosen the lacing at the back and then fasten the front and get someone to tighten the back laces to fit. I did find that for me the fit of this comes up a little small so you may want to err on the larger side, but it is not too difficult to adjust to a comfortable fit, it just depends on how much of a gap you would like at the back under the lacing.

The overall look of the corset is one of quality with straight stitched seams and good support for the figure. You are also supplied with a faux leather G string which is little more than a triangle of faux leather with three elastic strands attached. This really doesn't add anything to the corset in my opinion, I found it somewhat tacky looking and uncomfortable. A good quality and affordable addition to the wardrobe.

YIXIN Wooden Magnetic Fishing Game with 2 Fishing Poles and 12 Fishes Storage Box Toys Set
Offered by YIXIN SHOP

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, simple well constructed game., 1 Jun. 2016
This is an honest unbiased review of this product however we received it free of charge from the supplier.

This is a really lovely little game for any small child. It arrived with us well packaged and once opened everything is contained in a sturdy little wooden box with a slide top lid.

There are 12 brightly coloured fish and two rods in the box and the object of the game is to catch the magnetic fish with your magnetic rod. A simple but highly effective concept which our 3 year old son loves. The rods are sturdy and easy for little hands to grip and the fish themselves are different shapes and colour combinations with lovely designs.

The game itself has a really nice feel to it, harking back to traditional wooden games and a time before computers dominated everything. Hopefully our daughter will enjoy playing it just as much as our son once she is old enough.

Anne Klein Women's Quartz Watch with Rose Gold Dial Analogue Display and Pink Leather Strap 10/N9442RGLP

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, Dainty and a little bit gorgeous!, 31 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a genuinely lovely watch. It arrives in a classy looking box and when you take the watch out it feels well-made and looks like it would be extremely expensive.

The leather strap is nice and soft and a very pretty colour, it has a decent number of holes so as to be able to accommodate most wrist sizes and the buckle and strap are easy to do up or undo with one hand – something which I have struggled with when wearing other watches in the past.

The weight of the watch is really good, you can feel it but it is not too heavy and it sits nicely on the wrist. The dial is simple but very pretty, the mother of pearl gives it a great sheen and combined with the stunning rose gold of the metal parts really gives it a quality look.

I do have one confession regarding this watch – I accidentally managed to put it through the wash the other day after I took it off. Not only has it come out clean and shiny but it works well and has not been damaged in the slightest. Anything that survives the washing machine without a scratch gets 5 stars in my book, the sure sign of a well-crafted piece of equipment.

Overall a lovely quality piece of jewellery which is decently priced and not only looks good, and is dainty but is highly durable as well.

Huggies DryNites Boys Pants 4-7 Years, Designs May Vary - 6 Packs ( Total 6 x 10 Pants)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pantaloons for litte monsters!!, 26 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These pull up pants are great. We have found our toddler has problems staying dry at night and although he is fully potty trained during the day these have been really useful in helping him move forward at night. He wears these pants so if there are any accidents they remain contained but he can pull them up and down himself so if he wakes in the night and needs a wee he can take himself off to his potty and back to bed without needing any help from mummy and daddy.

The pants themselves are soft and do not seem at all scratchy on his skin, they fit well but are not tight. They have a colourful design on them - though I would question whether there needs to be such a strong boys design and girls design. I know the design of the pants overall needs to be different for boys and girls due to their anatomy but these really do go with gender stereotypes on the picture front. They are highly absorbent and we have not encountered any leaks as yet.

These are a little more expensive than I would normally pay for a nappy but as these are not meant t be used as a long term this is not too much of an issue. Overall a great idea, well executed

Dilanni Women's Breathable Elastic Waist Trainer Cincher XS to 3XL Latex Shapewear Steel Boned Corset
Offered by MOMO SHOP
Price: £11.00 - £69.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality supportive waist trainer., 18 May 2016
The first thing to say is that I was sent a free waist trainer in return for an honest and unbiased review and this is what I hope to provide.

When this waist trimmer arrived and I opened the package I was greeted with a strong latex/plastic smell. It's not unpleasant, very much like a new wetsuit or rubber gloves but definitely worth noting as it took a little while for the smell to wear off. If you want to wear this underneath something for a specific event you may want to order a little early to give the smell a chance to disappear.

When I first took the trainer out of the packet it was noticeable that it is made of a fairly heavy duty and quality feeling material. Far from many of the waist trainers I have seen in the past it feels strong, robust and like it will provide a high level of support to the wearer.

Size wise I think you really do need to measure yourself to get the right fit and if you are unsure I would say it is best to order a slightly larger size as I found this has come up slightly small on me. I can still get it on but it is definitely tighter than I expected - not that an item like this should be loose but it is a little more snug then it really should be. That said this is a well constructed and quality waist trainer. Once you do have it on it not only slims and smooths your figure but it also provides support for your back, something which is extremely useful for me as I suffer from lower back pain now and agin. The fabric covered latex ensures that the trainer does not stick to your skin and the tiny airholes help to ensure you don't get too sweaty underneath.

As you have three different levels of fastening it means that this waist trainer can be used during weight loss and will shrink down as you do which is great as you don't need to constantly look for a new one.

Once the waist trainer is on I found it to be pretty comfortable over long periods. After several hours it does tend to rub and the internal bones do seem to manage to dig in somehow but for those who want it wear it for an event or for short periods in the day should find it comfortable and easy to move in.

Overall I am really pleased with this waist trainer, it does what it says it will and is pretty comfortable. I have not given 5 stars simply because of the initial smell and it coming up slightly small size wise. It is a good quality item at a reasonable price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20