Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for GB > Reviews

Content by GB

GB "Rad Dudeski" (Surrey, U.K.)

Page: 1 | 2
Zoom H2 Handy Recorder with 4GB Card
Zoom H2 Handy Recorder with 4GB Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice piece of kit!, 20 July 2009
I initially bought this to help record voices and instruments for my daughter's GCSE composition. It does a great job and allows you to save the individual parts and 'knit' them together with sound editing software. However, it is also excellent at gigs and other performances (be they large halls, schools halls or a room in the house) producing clear audio across all frequencies. You can adjust the levels manually, but I found that the the auto settings described in the manual do exactly as they say. It also has a useful metronome and tuning facility.

I do agree with other reviews in that having the outer case made of plastic, does make it feel a little cheap. However, I didn't buy it for the quality of the plastic, but the quality of the recordings it produces and on that basis it is well worth the 5 stars at this price.

Epson MultiPack Ink Cartridge for Stylus PH R265/R360 - 6 Colour Ink
Epson MultiPack Ink Cartridge for Stylus PH R265/R360 - 6 Colour Ink

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality performance, 16 May 2009
Epson inks are not cheap and I can fully understand why people choose cheaper alternatives (I have done the same). However, if you are serious about your photography and the print quality of your pictures, these Claria inks have to be your first choice.

Western Digital Elements 500GB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive
Western Digital Elements 500GB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! (...It's not always the drive that's the problem)., 3 Oct. 2008
I'm just about to purchase my third one of these drives. The other two have given faultless service over the past 18 months.
I connect the drives to my PC using a 4 port USB2 hub and have encountered some of the problems from earlier reviews (drive not recognised, failed to power up, etc). However, a little patience and thinking things through revealed things such as:

- faulty USB lead
- fuse blown in the plug(!)
- loose USB socket on PC (probably from over-use...hence the hub I now keep permanently connected
- USB lead not connected properly (just remove...leave a few seconds and then try again)

I did not re-format my discs when purchased and they worked straight out of the box...no problem. There may be faster external drives out there, but key for me is reliability. And these have been 100% reliable.

Genesis - When in Rome - Live 2007 [3 DVDs] [2008]
Genesis - When in Rome - Live 2007 [3 DVDs] [2008]
Dvd ~ Genesis

5.0 out of 5 stars Turn it on again...and again...and again..and again!!, 6 Jun. 2008
Don't worry about disc 1. There was a fault on the initial batch, but Amazon replaced mine without a quibble and the replacement works just fine.

As for the show, it is amazing! David Mallet has done a fantastic job in capturing not only a fantastic concert, but also the sheer scale of the event on the night. The sound and visuals are excellent (in particular the 5.1 and dts soundtracks) and really draw you in when watching.

I had the privilege to see band at Twickenham and the 'Cinema Show' from Dusseldorf and despite my familiarity with the set and the lighting, watching this was still like seeing the concert for the first time. There's plenty for the non-Genesis die-hards too with great performances of their early songs right through to their more 'popular' hits such as Turn It On Again, Follow You, Follow Me, Invisible Touch, etc.

What's also great is the value-for-money aspect. Not only do you get the whole concert (nearly two and a half hours), but also the fascinating 'Come Rain or Shine' documentary (one and a half hours). This gives a real insight into some of the crazy discussions that went on behind the scenes and takes you through the journey from deciding to tour, to getting the final show on the road.

Without a doubt one of the best music DVDs I've ever purchased, so recommended without reservation!

Epson Stylus Photo R3603.5" screen 5760X1440 DPI 30PPM CD&DVD Print
Epson Stylus Photo R3603.5" screen 5760X1440 DPI 30PPM CD&DVD Print

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner from Epson!, 6 Jun. 2008
Having had an R300 before, I was looking for a replacement that would give me great quality and the ability to print directly onto CDs and DVDs (something the R300 was superb at). I am not disappointed.

The unit has a slightly larger footprint than the R300, but the new features such as direct printing via Bluetooth, memory cards and mobile phone plus an excellent high-colour screen more than make up for it.

The Claria inks produce photographs of amazing depth and colour up to the printer's maximum A4 size...something else I am very pleased with as I have a 10MP digital SLR. The bundled software is also easy to use and very intuitive. All in all a 5* purchase.

Almost Famous [Extended Edition] [Blu-ray] [2000] [2008] [Region Free]
Almost Famous [Extended Edition] [Blu-ray] [2000] [2008] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Billy Crudup
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Soundtrack of your life, 25 April 2008
This is simply one of the best films I have ever seen. As someone that grew up in the 70s, this brings back so many memories and to see it in all of its Blue-Ray glory is amazing! True, it's missing some of the extras from the original 2-disc relaease. However, for anybody that loves music the loss is easily made up for by the true HD sound and picture quality. A solid purchase.

Genesis In London : 1980 (Region 1) NTSC [DVD]
Genesis In London : 1980 (Region 1) NTSC [DVD]
Dvd ~ Genesis

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor, 5 Oct. 2007
I'd agree with the previous comments.

Any true fan will tell you that there is much better quality material around on DVD from the forums (and they can be traded for free)! If you compare this to the Epping Forest or GMDVD boots that are available, this is very poor. The logo is the highlight (and do mean highlight) of the picture!
Sound is OK, but still not up to some of the freely available material. Unless you are desparate for this...I'd pass.

Angels And Demons
Angels And Demons
by Dan Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Surpisingly gripping!, 29 July 2006
This review is from: Angels And Demons (Paperback)
After all of the hype around the Da Vinci Code, I went out and bought the 4 Dan Brown books. I was advised to read this before the DVC and I'm glad I did. Without any preconceptions, I could read it for what it was and boy was I surprised! It does start slowly, but only for the first few chapters (which are really just setting the scene for what is coming later). It twists and turns and you are constantly wondering who the baddies are and for what reason. In my opinion it's a very good thriller and seems very well researched. Why only 4 stars? Perhaps I'm being a bit too harsh given that I really didn't want to put it down, but there is one part that stretched even my immagination slightly too far. However, I would still recommend this book without reservation.

Olympus Mju 400 Digital Camera [4MP 3xOptical]
Olympus Mju 400 Digital Camera [4MP 3xOptical]

5.0 out of 5 stars Olympus Stunner, 28 July 2003
After many months searching through endless magazines and photo shops I eventually decided on the Mju 400 as my first digital camera, and no way am I disappointed.
The build quality is excellent (all metal weatherproof body) and the results are nothing short of stunning! In fact this camera outperforms my friend's 5 mega pixel model.
Although it's small, the pictures are pin-sharp in HQ mode and easily enlargeable with little loss of quality. The macro facility is also excellent with great colour reproduction and excellent detail.
If you want point-and-shoot simplicity combined with excellent digital reproduction, you won't be disappointed with this camera. This is a bargain.
PS. The Fuji 128mb Xd cards are much cheaper than the Olympus ones and perform brilliantly (as you would expect as Fuji and Olympus developed the Xd technology together)

Genesis Archive #2: 1976-1992
Genesis Archive #2: 1976-1992

4.0 out of 5 stars What happened to the fans' requests from Archives 1????, 9 Nov. 2000
This is a good retrospective of the Collins years, but what a missed opportunity! Archives 1 really had the tastebuds going with the whole of the Lamb live and some rare and unreleased tracks. However, here we have 16 years of material squeezed into 3 CD's. On the release of Archives 1, fans were asked to request tracks for inclusion in Archives 2. I can't believe that any true fan asked for the 12" mixes!! What happened to Match of the Day, All in a Mouses Night (live), Eleventh Earl of Mar (live), Inside & Out (live), Me & Virgil? I'm relieved to have got all the 'B' sides on CD at last (although all of the tracks from the Invisible Touch sessions were originally released on the Limited Edition 'Invisible Box' CD single collection). In summary.......4 stars, but oh how easy it would have been to get five from the true Genesis fans!

Page: 1 | 2