Profile for T. Findley > Reviews

Content by T. Findley

T. Findley (Hampshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Edifier S530D 2.1 Sound System Rev. 2 Including Remote Control with Dig-Out Black
Offered by Emax

5.0 out of 5 stars Music to my ears, 28 Jan 2014
I've been in the market for a new 2.1 speaker set for my desk for the past few months, and eventually came across this. Like a lot of others I was originally drawn to the Corsair 2.1 set, however I was put off by their build materials. Eventually I decided to spend a bit more money and purchase the Edifier. I had never owned any Edifier equipment before, or had even heard of them prior to researching this purchase. While I could not find reviews on this specific product, I did find reviews on the higher end models. All were very positive about them.

Upon receiving the product, the first thing that struck me was the sheer weight of the box. Most of the weight is in the Sub unit (constructed of wood), and it certainly weighs more than you would expect. The speakers are a good weight for their size and are made of wood, and even the wired remote has a good amount of mass to it. Over all the system is very well built! My only two complaints would be the quality of the plastics used on the wired remote as it scratches far too easily (mine arrived with a scratched screen, however it doesnt bother me), and the quality of the wireless remote which does not match up with the premium feel of the rest of the system. That said, it works just fine.

The system has three inputs, two analogue (PC and CD) and one digital (DI) which supports either Optical or Coaxial connections. It is worth noting that you cannot have two live inputs connected to the Coaxial and the Optical simultaneously. I would like to see the system redesigned with the ability to switch between the Optical and the Coaxial inputs as discrete sources, just like the two Analogue Inputs.

At the end of the day, it is all about the quality of the sound. While I'm no Audiophile, I personally happen to think that these speakers produce a very very pleasing sound, with no distortion at lower or higher volumes.

If you're thinking of buying a 2.1 Speaker set, the Edifier S530D should definitely be near the top of your short-list. The Digital Input is worth paying the extra for, but the build and sound quality alone justify the slightly higher price-tag.

Samsung Galaxy Tab USB Data Cable
Samsung Galaxy Tab USB Data Cable
Offered by Gadgetsevil UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a genuine Samsung product, but Fit for Purpose, 2 May 2013
As the title says, the cable does not appear to be a genuine Samsung cable, however it is fit for purpose. It works perfectly with my partner's Galaxy Note 10.1 for charging. We have neglected to test it for USB connectivity yet though.

iBolt.co IBXS-33603 Galaxy S3,S4,NOTE 2
iBolt.co IBXS-33603 Galaxy S3,S4,NOTE 2
Offered by iBOLT Europe

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product. Shame about the lack of communication, 2 May 2013
It is rare that I would ever review a manufacturer and a product in one review, but in this case the manufacturer is the only Amazon seller that actually sells this product.

Firstly, is this product worth the high price? Yes, it most certainly is! It is head and shoulders above every other windscreen mount that I have used. It feels like a good premium product, it has good features, and it works with larger phones and phone cases such as a Samsung Galaxy Note in an Otterbox Commuter case. The only issue I do have is that you have to mount the phone off-centre to avoid the Volume button being pressed.

The mount is relatively versatile. it can be mounted in Portrait or Landscape, and the phone connector cable can be moved from the left to the right with ease.

Now onto my only problem, and the reason I've marked this down one star. The seller (iBolt.co.uk) failed to respond on two occasions to messages sent to them through the Amazon site. The first was to confirm the (rather long) delivery time, and the second was to report that the USB cable that connects the dock to the car's USB port was faulty. To iBolt's credit, they did ship a cable to me that had the USB and 3.5mm audio plug on it, however this was promised prior to purchasing the product (and confirmed in the box upon receipt), and was not in response to the message I had sent them regarding the defective cable.

Would I still recommend purchasing this to friends? Yes! It's still worth it!

OTTERBOX SAM4-N7000-20-E4OTR Commuter Galaxy NOTE N7000 Black
OTTERBOX SAM4-N7000-20-E4OTR Commuter Galaxy NOTE N7000 Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard Case, 2 May 2013
Super case that adds a real feel of protection to my Note. The only possible drawback that i can see for people is the extra size that it adds. I was aware of this before I purchased the product so I will not rate it down a star.
This product works perfectly with the Spigen SPG Glas.t screen protector. The case also does reduce the available area around the Micro-USB connector, so some cables with larger flange on the plug might not be able to slot into the gap in the case. The stock cable that ships with the Note works perfectly, however my extra-long third-party cable had to be modified with a knife before it would fit.

ZTE MF60 MiFi  Mobile Wifi Hotspot- Unlocked Sim Free
ZTE MF60 MiFi Mobile Wifi Hotspot- Unlocked Sim Free

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fast little Hotspot, 27 Dec 2012
Purchased this to work with my DSLR (via Eye-Fi card) and Macbook Pro. The speed of the internet connection is fantastic. The range is great too for such a little device, and the battery life cannot be faulted. I've ended up using this a fair amount with a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 too, and the connection provided by the Hotspot.

My only complaint is that to use the Micro-SD Card slot, you must be connected to it via USB. I'd personally like to see a firmware upgrade that enables a SMB/CIFS share for the card.

Nimbus 10" iPad 4 / 3 / 2 / 1 10 Inch Universal Tablet PC Sleeve/Case/Cover - Slate Grey & Blizzard Blue - Anti-Shock Bubble Lined Neoprene - Motorola Xoom / Sony S / Galaxy Note 10.1 / Portable DVD Player / Wacom Graphics / Archos Carbon 97 Tablet Case
Offered by inno-in

5.0 out of 5 stars Great protection & Storage, 27 Dec 2012
Great little sleeve for a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 . the Note fits perfectly and feels very well protected thanks to the design of this sleeve. The zip pocket on the front gives you plenty of room to store a USB OTG connector, earphones and even a 3G Wireless Hotspot.

The only small drawback I've found is that if your tablet is in a case you might not be able to fit it into the sleeve. This is no fault of the product as the dimensions are clearly listed.

Canon LCE77 Lens Caps for EF lenses with USM
Canon LCE77 Lens Caps for EF lenses with USM

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon Original, 26 Nov 2012
Item exactly as described. Original Canon lens hood for 77mm lenses. I originally purchased this to replace a Sigma lens cap which was a bit on the loose side, however I'd not recommend doing this as the Sigma lens hoods are a little too tight-fitting to get the cap off the lens with the hood deployed, forcing you to remove the hood before the cap. Other than that, its a perfect product!

Hoya 58mm Pro-1 Digital UV Screw in Filter
Hoya 58mm Pro-1 Digital UV Screw in Filter
Offered by Bliss St

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value filter, 26 Nov 2012
Good value filter with good build / optical quality. Not up to B+W Standards but its one-third the price. Recommended for all EF/EF-S and USM lenses. For L-series glass though, go to B+W!

Kata HB-205 GDC Hiker Backpack For Photo/Video Enthusiasts
Kata HB-205 GDC Hiker Backpack For Photo/Video Enthusiasts

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable solution for hiking, 27 Jan 2011
I purchased this bag to replace my LowePro Flipside 400 (an already massive bag, which has proven itself time and time again to me). I was not prepared for just how more comfortable the HB-205 was over the Flipside 400. The harness system is a godsend, especially when carrying heavy lenses. I use it frequently with a Canon 1D mk.IV, a Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM, a Canon 400D (backup body), Canon 17-40mm f/4L USM, Canon 1.4x Extender II, Canon 430EX II, and a fair number of accessories. Carrying the whole kit is surprisingly easy. I suspect that it will fit my Canon 400mm f/2.8L IS USM, however I've had no reason to try it yet as it usually ends up being carried by hand.

The interior of the bag is extremely soft and durable, and the dividers can all be split up and rearranged to suit your specific needs. This bag has no laptop compartment, however this is not a problem for me as I can see no reason that I would ever want to take a laptop out with me.

The side pockets are perfect for holding water bottles, and the rear webbing is perfect for attaching carabinas to so you can attach other equipment to it if you are not using that area to carry a tripod or monopod.

Accessories included with this bag are: webbing straps, tripod foot holder, all-weather cover and a camera neck strap with bag attachments.

My only small complaint is that, unlike the Flipside 400, you have to remove the bag to access the camera compartment, however its a small price to pay for the comfort level and amount of storage provided.

I would certainly recommend this bag to anyone who wants to carry a decent amount of equipment into the field. The build quality surprised even me, which in my eyes was even better than that of Lowepro, with whom I have a great affinity. The bag is due to go to Yellowstone, WY next week for three weeks of outdoor photography, and then skiing with me to Avoriaz, France in mid March. I'm confident in its ability to stand up to everything I plan to throw at it.

Shaun the Sheep Gift Set [Spring Lamb / Two's Company / Party Animals] [DVD]
Shaun the Sheep Gift Set [Spring Lamb / Two's Company / Party Animals] [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Baaaaaaarilliant, 27 Jan 2011
Purchased this for my mum at Christmas as she's a massive Shaun the Sheep fan. She's only watched the first one so far, but enjoyed it immensely! Both she and I are looking forward to watching the next two DVD's

Page: 1 | 2