Profile for Mrs. N. E. Keens > Reviews

Mrs. N. E. Keens (UK)

The Passion Thief
The Passion Thief

1.0 out of 5 stars Never quite gets there, 26 May 2015
This review is from: The Passion Thief (Kindle Edition)
Ok so it kept me occupied but the AA message throughout is tedious to say the least. Calling French people 'Frogs' is rather racist, as is the description of Ireland. Most annoying is the constant calorie count, description of toned abs and discrepancies like a January sunset in Paris at 8.30 pm? Make that half past 4. Ice in a Merlot? Seriously? This book felt like a finger pointing exercise for forty something's who enjoy a glass of wine and a meal out.

Etta and Otto and Russell and James
Etta and Otto and Russell and James

1.0 out of 5 stars tedious, 28 Mar. 2015
I read this book as a book club choice. It's not my style at all, slow, rambling and at times confusing. A protracted love triangle with a bit of war and a bit of dementia. Sorry, just didn't get it...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 20, 2015 10:34 PM BST

The Wedding Trap (Second Service, Book 1)
The Wedding Trap (Second Service, Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun read, 10 Feb. 2015
I didn't hold out much hope for this after my last American free kindle read, but this was surprisingly good. Beth is a lovely character, a normal girl who gets caught up in the wrong place at the wrong time. There was a bit about her bridesmaid dress that was just perfect. I could see this being a CSI episode, or with a bit more meat to the group scenes a good rom com. Thanks Adrienne, I will buy the next book!

Payback and a Bottle of Merlot: (Like Sisters Series Book 1)  Chick Lit: A Romantic Comedy
Payback and a Bottle of Merlot: (Like Sisters Series Book 1) Chick Lit: A Romantic Comedy

1.0 out of 5 stars cheesy rubbish, 9 Feb. 2015
This book is so crass, I don't know why I read it. I'm guess I'm not a quitter... And clearly there are no drink driving laws in America, every character drinks then drives or goes to work. Doh!

The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes
The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes

5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't put it down..., 1 Feb. 2015
A beautiful, heart wrenching, funny and realistic look at the last days of someone who is going too soon, leaving behind loved ones and sharing a lifetime of memories along the way. Cliche? Perhaps but cliche's exist for a reason and this is one we all have to face at some time. I want to know what happened next to this family I laughed and cried with. Surely that's the sign of a good tale well told...

The Nothing Girl
The Nothing Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars exceptional, 7 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The Nothing Girl (Kindle Edition)
This book made me laugh and cry in equal measure, it was both touching and charming. I absolutely loved it

The Careful Use Of Compliments (Isabel Dalhousie Novels Book 4)
The Careful Use Of Compliments (Isabel Dalhousie Novels Book 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit predictable..., 31 Mar. 2014
I'm still not sure I like Isabel Dalhousie and this book did little to ingratiate her to me. Still. on to the next volume just in case...

Friends, Lovers, Chocolate (Isabel Dalhousie Novels Book 2)
Friends, Lovers, Chocolate (Isabel Dalhousie Novels Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars sudden end, 30 Jan. 2014
Isabel Dalhousie is someone that I think would irritate the pants off me in real life but I do enjoy reading about her. This was the first book I've read electronically, and the ending seemed very abrupt, maybe because I wasn't expecting it, but maybe because Alexander got bored?!

Old Dog NewTricks. Understanding and Retraining Elderly and Rescue Dogs
Old Dog NewTricks. Understanding and Retraining Elderly and Rescue Dogs
by David Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars Certainly a trick or two, 22 Jan. 2011
With 2 rescue dogs we certainly have our hands full. Our ageing GSD has always had some odd habits, we have had him since he was 6 and it has been a challenge. This book has helped us to understand some of his behaviours and gives good, practical advice on how to manage them. I only wish we had bought it 3 years ago! Great book, thoughtfully written. Sadly it doesn't come with the endless patience needed to carry out re-training a rescue dog but it is certainly a good start.

The Children's Rights Movement : a History of Advocacy and Protection: Social Movements Past and Present
by Joseph M. Hawes

1.0 out of 5 stars Be aware!, 27 Oct. 2009
This book is American so totally useless for my UK Social Work Degree. I'm sure it's very good but I won't be reading it.