Profile for Danielluck7 > Reviews

Content by Danielluck7

Danielluck7

Page: 1 | 2
SteelSeries Siberia V2 Full Size Headset with Microphone - White (PC)
SteelSeries Siberia V2 Full Size Headset with Microphone - White (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic mid priced gaming headset., 5 Feb. 2013
I have no knowledge of the v1, so I cannot comment on improvements added in this second incarnation of the Siberia, but I was using a pair of Sony DJ headphones before for CS:GO and I thought they were pretty decent for gaming until I bought this Siberia.

In the past I've had a few Creative Fatal1ty headsets which were a good entry level headset, but this just takes your gaming experience that one notch higher, incredibly crisp sound reproduction with 50mm drivers for that bassy kick for music and films, They are designed to they fit over your ears and partially block background noises and other sounds, and the way they fit over your head is a wonderful innovative design feature, I believe it's called a suspension system, anyhow you can wear these for 4-6 hours straight and be in no discomfort at all.

The mic is very clear and crisp too, retracting (you just push it in]] into the ear cup if you want it to be discrete, if for example you were using them to listen to music whilst walking along in public.

Overall I couldn't be happier, if you want a great, comfortable headset for gaming of any kind (although I believe they are geared towards the FPS market) then look no further, these are a well made product that you will be mightily impressed with for fifty odd quid.

Gigabyte Ultra Durable Motherboard LGA 155 Z77-D3H
Gigabyte Ultra Durable Motherboard LGA 155 Z77-D3H

4.0 out of 5 stars Great motherboard., 11 Jan. 2013
I've had a Gigabyte P35-DS3R 775 motherboard since around 2008, and I was so impressed with it's performance and lifespan that I had to repay this by being loyal to Gigabyte for my motherboard needs. I got to a point where I couldn't upgrade anything else to keep me in touch with modern games and applications (after adding an OCZ SSD, 4GB DDRIII and an nVidia 660ti)

The motherboard itself looks beautiful, and is a lovely shade of vibrant blue. Out of the box you get 4 SATA cables, 2 of which conform to SATA 6GB/s standards (the black ones), I/O backplate, driver CD, manual/install guide and a Gigabyte sticker. The newer Gigabyte boards come with a feature called 3D BIOS where you can change BIOS settings using a 3D style image of the motherboard, which I find quite gimmicky and I instantly switched back to the standard list style. The board supports 32GB DDRIII, 2 PCI-E cards (and I believe a 3rd, correct me if I'm wrong!) one at x16 and another at x4. USB 3.0 support is native too, with 2 ports on the back and an extra header on the board to add more if you desire.

It was incredible easy to install my i5 3570k and Nvidia GPU with this motherboard, I didn't encounter a single hitch. One thing I will mention is that I made the error of thinking my 775 socket CPU cooler would fit an 1155 platform, at a glance the holes are deceptively similarly placed, but slightly off by a few mm.

I am now running this board with the aforementioned GPU, RAM and SSD and I can boot to desktop (ready to use; not just welcome screen) in 11 seconds on Windows 7 x64, which I think is decent without spending 2-3 times as much on a top i7 processor.

My two single complaints are that the BIOS feels cheap and tacky, and that there are only 3 system fan headers. Not much time/effort seems to have gone into the development and testing of the BIOS, it seems like the 3D BIOS idea was an afterthought, and has been executed as such. This has lead to the -1 star, it may not seem like a huge issue, but the BIOS is very important and underpins the running of your whole system.

If you want a solid 1155 motherboard with a decent set of features, and one that you can rely on for being robust, stable and durable then look no further, there's no need to spend £150+ to get a decent motherboard, you'll get what this board provides but bells and whistles for your extra £100 -- no-brainer.

Gigabyte hold the top spot for me at the moment, and other manufacturers are going to have to step it up to make me change my mind.

For reference my system specs are: Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Intel i5 3570k, 12GB DDRIII 1600mhz (4+4 & 2+2 in dual channel), EVGA nVidia GTX 660Ti, OCZ Agility III 120GB SSD, Hitachi 1TB SATA HDD, stock cooler. Running two monitors - 1280x720 @75hz & 1824x1026 @60hz. Usage: Skyrim on ultra preset, CSGO (low settings for display response time), Hitman:Absolution on Ultra settings with 8xMSAA.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful so far., 11 Jan. 2013
I bought this to go with a Gigabyte Z77-D3H motherboard that I received for christmas, and in combination with 12GB 1600mhz DDRIII and an nVidia GTX 660ti I cannot fault the performance. Admittedly it does run slightly hot, but that's a sacrifice you'll have to make from adopting the new(est) Ivybridge chips. It idles around 25-35 celcius (ambient temp 15 degrees) on the stock cooler (which will be binned as soon as I can afford to do so!).

With the Intel ReadyBoost option enabled in BIOS it OCs itself to 3.8ghz from the stock 3.4ghz, and that's still with a stock cooler. I've seen 70 degrees celcius under full load, but no higher, and these processors are meant to be good to around 85-90, the TJmax is supposedly 105 degrees according to CoreTemp, but I'd never want to test that theory!!

In essence HT isn't really needed at the moment for gaming, and if gaming is your priority than this processor is a good investment. Coupling it with an OCZ SSD for my boot partition, I boot Windows 7 x64 in 11 seconds, which I wouldn't call shabby without splashing out a lot more on a top of the line i7.

DC Shoes Men's Flawless Black/Multi/White Fashion Trainer D0302882 10 UK, 44.5 EU, 11 US

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shoes., 5 Oct. 2012
I bought these DCs mainly to go to America with as most of my other skate shoes were in poor repair, but I do not use them to skate, I wear them because I like the look/brand, and because they are durable.

They look great, and were dispatched from the seller Rollersnakes the same day of purchase and arrived with me the next day, which I was very impressed with. I've used Rollersnakes in the past and have nothing but praise for the way they operate.

They withstood 10 days in the countrified South in America, and after I returned home with them, they are still in relatively the same condition, after taking quite a bit of punishment.

I got these for around £40 inc delivery, which is a great price considering an alternative would normally cost you in the region of £60.

Very happy man.

How Do You Want Me - Series 1 & 2 [DVD] [1998]
How Do You Want Me - Series 1 & 2 [DVD] [1998]
Dvd ~ Dylan Moran

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series., 13 July 2012
As a fan of Dylan Moran, and of Black Books, I was curious to see what this fairly unknown series featuring him was like. The humour is quite subtle and very funny.

He is a Londoner who moves from the city to a remote farming village with his new wife who grew up in the village, he isn't a farming type and does not get on that well with the locals. Watch it, and if you're a fan of Dylan Moran you'll enjoy it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it's meant to do., 13 July 2012
I bought this to power a 17" flat screen monitor which I had lost the power adaptor for. I have been using it for over a year now, without a single problem, five stars from me.

UK MAINS WALL HOME CHARGER FOR NINTENDO DS NDS & GBA SP
UK MAINS WALL HOME CHARGER FOR NINTENDO DS NDS & GBA SP

3.0 out of 5 stars Questionable build quality., 15 Jun. 2012
I bought this as a replacement for a Gamboy Advance SP charger that I had lost (it also fits the first Nintendo DS), and it does exactly what it's meant to do. It also has a charge indicator built in which lets you know when it's charged with red and green lights. For this price you can't go wrong.

EDIT: After using this item 3 or 4 times, the third plug prong has snapped off, which leaves me having to use a hair pin to depress a little notch on my plug socket to enable me to plug it in!

If you do buy this be careful when removing it from your plug socket!

Seiko Men's SNXF11K Silver Stainless-Steel Automatic Watch with Black Dial
Seiko Men's SNXF11K Silver Stainless-Steel Automatic Watch with Black Dial
Offered by Jewels & Watches Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Great automatic Seiko watch., 10 Jun. 2012
Item arrived 4 days before estimate (shipped by Mr. Watch from America to the U.K), superbly packed, faultless delivery.

The watch itself is superb, out of the box I had to make a couple of adjustments so it would fit my wrist properly, and if you're fairly competent with a pin/screwdriver it's simple to adjust the pins on the clasp to make the watch strap slightly smaller. As I have owned another Seiko 5 series automatic in the past I was familiar with how to set the time & date, so that only took 30 seconds.

Two thing you can't quite see properly in the picture is that the black dial is textured (kind of like a smarter, uniform version of an artex wall or ceiling), and looks very smart up close and from a distance.

The watch is a pleasure to wear and tells accurate time from what I can establish so far (although I've only had it on for 48 hours), it's comfortable and looks sophisticated.

Overall I am very satisfied with my purchase and would advise others to consider this Seiko 5 series if they're looking for a reasonable (£52.95 exc. shipping) priced quality automatic watch.

OCZ 3.5 - 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive with Adaptor Bracket
OCZ 3.5 - 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive with Adaptor Bracket
Offered by Kikatek

4.0 out of 5 stars One thing to consider., 3 Jun. 2012
If you have a case with a "tray" system (I have a Gigabyte Triton), whereby you attach small plastic sliders onto the sides of your 3.5" drives and then slot them into a metal housing structure, then this mounting bracket will serve you little to no purpose apart from literally "mounting" your SSD drive on a nice solid piece of metal with the words "OCZ Technology" on.

If your regular 3.5" hard drives slide and screw directly into your case then this will be perfect for you.

OCZ AGT3-25SAT3-120G Agility 3 120GB SATA III 2.5 inch SSD
OCZ AGT3-25SAT3-120G Agility 3 120GB SATA III 2.5 inch SSD

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb SSD solution., 28 May 2012
I bought this item so I could reinstall Windows 7 Ultimate onto an SSD hard drive to enable me to have a quicker boot time, and also to use it to store some regularly played games to improve loading times and performance.

Out of the packet the first thing you'll notice is that it doesn't come with a mounting bracket to convert it from it's 2.5" width to the more commonly used 3.5" that your case will be more likely to accept, I assume this is because this SSD is priced more within an "enthusiasts" range rather than a professional range, which I have no qualms with. Taking what I've just said into account this just meant that I had to rest the drive into a 3.5" drive bay until the OCZ SSD mounting bracket that I ordered at the time I placed the order for the SSD drive comes through in the post.

It's very simple to connect to any motherboard that accepts a SATA connection, my mother board is pretty dated so I haven't got any SATA III connections, only SATA II, so from this I assume that it is running at a slightly reduced speed. However my PC still boots in under 20 seconds, compared to around 45-60 seconds on a standard 7200 rpm SATA drive.

The bottom line is, this is a very affordable SSD hard drive for those who don't want to spend around the same price on a 60/64 GB SSD that may be a little higher specification. All in all this performs excellently with my current computer setup, it boots quickly and loads files with the same snappiness.

[OCZ Agility 3 120 GB SSD was installed within the following hardware setup: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R motherboard, Intel Q6600 quad core @ 2.4ghz, 4 GB DDR3 1333mhz, EVGA Nvidia GTX 550Ti, Hitachi 1TB 7600 rpm SATA drive, generic 600 watt PSU]
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2012 11:19 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2