Profile for J L Fletcher > Reviews

EA Sports UFC (Xbox One)
EA Sports UFC (Xbox One)
Offered by 666 Media

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks great but that's as far as it goes.., 25 Jun. 2014
Let me just say to start with, graphically the game is amazing.. Most of the fighters are spitting image and there's a real realistic feel to look at it.. Unfortunately everywhere else is lacking.. The roster is weak, the current UFC bantamweight champion isn't even in the game, along with other big names in every division. The gameplay is ok, but flawed and frustrating in certain aspects for example.. Daniel Cormier in real life rag dolls his opponents, he's an incredible wrestler, yet in game you can pick him up over your head and slam him with any fighter in his division.. The tutorial is very brief, doesn't teach you 90% of the ground game, how to posture up, drop elbows etc.. The realism in gameplay isn't there.. One of the biggest disappointments for me was when I started career mode to find I have to create a fighter, you cannot take a real UFC roster fighter through career, something THQ were slated for in the earlier UFC games and implemented later games due to popular demand.. Did EA not do any research? The EA game face is terrible, after basically been amazing on fight night champion it made my game face look perfect online creating it I was really happy with it, imported it in game and it looks nothing like me, like seriously you can't even tell it's me it's that bad! Basically there's so many negatives and so few positives to this game. I'm a huge UFC fan, and a huge gaming fan, this is a step backwards EA really dropped the ball..
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 15, 2014 12:09 PM BST