Profile for emjem > Reviews

Jane Eyre [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Mia Wasikowska
Price: 4.73

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst adaption I have seen to date!!, 11 Mar 2012
This review is from: Jane Eyre [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
I was really looking forward to seeing this film as I hadn't managed to see it in the cinema, so when it arrived I popped it into the DVD player and settled into my Jane Eyre afternoon! However when I watched it I was really upset to find that this is the worst production that has been made, no chemistry between the characters, no scary/spooky house, and hardly any mad woman in the attic!!! How can anyone say that they like this if they have read the book? They missed HUGE sections out and skipped around the place like no tomorrow. I am now selling my DVD and will be glad when it's gone. Don't buy, you will only waste your money!!!
I'm going to stick to my Jane Eyre starring William Hurt it's the best adaption I've seen with the correct storyline!!! Sorry to rant but I'm really upset
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 16, 2013 11:34 AM BST

Mycoal hand warmers - 10 pairs
Mycoal hand warmers - 10 pairs
Offered by notonlybowls
Price: 10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic!, 11 Feb 2011
these hand wormers are the best we have found. you have to shake them a bit to get them going but wonce they have womed up they stay HOT for the full 7 hours maybe a little bit more. if it does start to get a tad cold, just put them down and within a few min they are hot again. a must have for anyone!

The Secret Diaries Of Miss Miranda Cheever
The Secret Diaries Of Miss Miranda Cheever
by Julia Quinn
Price: 7.35

5.0 out of 5 stars loved this book so much!!!!, 2 Dec 2008
I can't tell you how much I love Julia Quinn's books, they are all so beautifully written, and it is quite easy to loose yourself within them!!

This book is all about two friends, Miranda and Olivia . Olivia's family agree to take Miranda to London to have a season, as Miranda's mother died and her father doesn't seem to notice her anymore. Miranda has been in love since she was just ten years old. With Olivia's brother Turner. Will she get the one man she has loved for so long, or will the London season change Miranda's heart?

The one problem that I have with all of Julia Quinn's books is I want to read them again, again and again!!

The Lost Duke Of Wyndham: Number 1 in series (Two Dukes of Wyndham)
The Lost Duke Of Wyndham: Number 1 in series (Two Dukes of Wyndham)
by Julia Quinn
Price: 7.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank God for Julia Quinn, 14 Jun 2008
I was really looking forward to reading this book after finishing the Bridgerton series, which I loved and never wanted to end.

I wasn't let down.

This book captures me from the start, all I wanted to do was read and read. Although it isn't a Bridgerton series it still has all of the best qualities of one.

I loved all of the characters in this story, they were all well described and lived up to the expectations I had of them.

This book is a definite read and 5 star quality, every page leaves you wanting more!!

This is truly a brilliant book

From Here To Maternity: One Mother of a Journey
From Here To Maternity: One Mother of a Journey
by Mel Giedroyc
Price: 9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to make you laugh!, 17 Jan 2008
This book had me laughing and cringing all the way through, and when I had to put it down all I wanted to do was to pick it up again. I would recommend this book if you are pregnant or not, as it is a fun read.
I loved this book right from the beginning. It has quite short chapters as Mel takes us throughout the weeks up to the birth, talking about how she was feeling and what she was thinking.
This is definitely a must have book for your book collection!

Amy's Honeymoon
Amy's Honeymoon
by Julia Llewellyn
Price: 7.21

2.0 out of 5 stars beautiful cover - but the book is pants., 28 July 2007
This review is from: Amy's Honeymoon (Paperback)
I first saw this book and thought that the cover was beautiful and so the book inside must be to.
At first you think that the story is going to pick up and recover from the boring beginning of nothing happening, but it didn't. The book kept going from one persons past to another and not actually getting on with the honeymoon.
But at last with only 100 pages to go something happens, Hal the famous actor takes Amy out and shows her Rome on the back of a vesper and you really think that the rest of the book is going to be like that one magical day they spend together and Amy's Honeymoon isn't going to be a complete waste of time.
In the end (I wont tell you - promise) but nothing has actually changed from when she came to Rome at the start of the book. In the week she spent there all you find out is the reason why the wedding did not go ahead and trust me, it's really not that interesting or a great twist.
As I said before, the cover of this book is so beautiful but the contents is quite the opposite. I found the book boring and a waste of time. I was trying to finish it as soon as possible as it was so bad I couldn't wait to start a good book.

Can You Keep A Secret?
Can You Keep A Secret?
by Sophie Kinsella
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars best book i've read this year., 28 July 2007
This review is from: Can You Keep A Secret? (Paperback)
Wow. What can I say about this book, I bought this for my holiday and I wasn't let down. I was captivated from the first page I really and thoroughly enjoyed it.
This book makes you laugh out loud all the way through, and was a real page turner for me, you wont be let down. Throughout the book I wanted to find out what she did next, and how she tried not to humiliate herself even more while trying to get herself out of a sticky situation.
This book made you feel all warm inside, although towards the end something happens which I was just couldn't believe, but it was a good twist to the story.
Who doesn't have there little secrets.

Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife: Pride and Prejudice Continues (Pride & Prejudice Continues)
by Linda Berdoll
Price: 6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars WHATEVER YOU DO, DONT READ THIS BOOK !!!, 20 Jan 2007
DONT READ THIS BOOK WHAT EVERY YOU DO !!! i did and it has ruined everyting I loved about Pride and Prejudice. Jane Austen would be appauled at the amount of nudity and sexual content that goes on in this book. the things that go one would never happen in a million years between Darcy and Lizzie. i wouldnt even give this book one star but as i have to, i have only given it one. if you read this book, then i hope that you are prepared for all of the consequences. the auther hasnt reserched england properly, e.g she thinks it is possible that someone could walk from portsmouth to derbyshire in half a day! and dont get me started on her attempt to do old english language. i couldnt understand most of the things that they were trying to say. it is also very bitty and skips all over the place, so you dont know if is the day after the wedding, or six months after the wedding! the new characters that were introduced - well, i didnt even bother reading about them. i struggled my way through this book.

The things which happen to Mr. Darcy and Lizzy, no i'm sorry, they would never have happened, i dont know what this woman thought she was doing, but she has just ruined the most beautiful love story ever. i will never forgive her, never !!! (what has she done)

DONT READ THIS BOOK!!!!! AND WHAT EVER YOU DO DONT READ THE SEQUAL'S SEQUAL!