Profile for N. Marshall > Reviews

Content by N. Marshall

N. Marshall (Cheshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars **** READ THIS BEFORE YOU BUY****, 1 Aug 2011
We received the trailer & started to put it together. As expected from reading other reviews, the instruction manual was worse than useless. However, all in all, the trailer went together very easily. Then we put our children in it....When we put our little boy in, we immediately noticed that the strap that comes up between the legs was completely misaligned. Instead of being centred between the two shoulder straps, it was directly under the outside shoulder strap. If you can imagine trying to strap a small child in securely with the straps like this, it was awful. My poor little boy was being garrotted and at the same time, his leg was being cut in two.

I called KMS who seemed unhelpful at the outset. I explained the problem and was told by the lady on the other end of the phone "er, no, I don't understand, I'm not technically minded, can you email a photograph". I came off the phone and immediately sent the email.

They emailed me back the next day & told me that if I would like to return the product (no mention of the fault I had reported), I would need to arrange this myself and at my expense as per their terms & conditions. I called them and told them that this wasn't at all helpful, that I would like a replacement trailer (as stated in my original email), providing that the straps didn't have the same problem. The lady I was speaking to agreed that the reply I'd received had been unacceptable & to put my grievance down on email, which I did, again! I then received a further reply stating that the product was not faulty & that after selling over 1000 of these, they'd never had an issue. They told me again that I needed to return the item and upon receipt of which, they would check it and if it was found to be faulty, they would refund the postage & if not, they wouldn't. I got on the phone again, this time furious. I asked to speak to the MD, first of all he wasn't in and then I was told he didn't take calls. Half the staff only work on email (how convenient!) and when I asked the name of lady I was speaking to, she blatantly refused to tell me!!! She demanded to know my name and why I was calling but refused to give me her name, only repeatedly stating that she was the office manager and that was all I needed to know. She told me again that as per their terms & conditions, I needed to return the trailer at my expense.

By this point, I was so cheesed off that I told them that I wouldn't be wanting a replacement but a full refund & I'd purchase another trailer elsewhere. Her response was "that's fine madam".

I had to arrange for the parcel to be collected by a courier company. The money was refunded, however, when I questioned why they hadn't refunded the postage, their response was "As the trailer was not faulty, we will not be covering the return cost". As the problem is not deemed as a fault according to KMS, I have posted a photograph so that you are aware of exactly what to expect when you receive your trailer.

All I wanted and would have expected from any half decent company was for them to acknowledge from the picture in my original email (which is the one I've posted on here), that there was a problem, and collect the faulty trailer at the same time as delivering the new one. How difficult is that?

This company has the worst Customer Services that I have EVER had the misfortune of dealing with.

Oh, and it's not a 5 point safety harness either. It's a 3 point harness with one large strap that goes all the way across the trailer, regardless of how many children are seated.

If you still decide to buy a trailer from KMS, hope & pray you don't get one with any kind of problem and have to contact "Customer Services". Good Luck!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 22, 2012 12:15 PM GMT

Delphin Arm Bands
Delphin Arm Bands
Offered by BECO Aquasport UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than inflatable armbands, 17 Mar 2010
This review is from: Delphin Swimming Disks (Sports)
Great little armbands. So much less fuss than traditional armbands and the discs can be added/removed depending on your child's swimming ability. I agree with a review I read that a little carrybag would be really handy for storing them in. The only thing I would say is that the elastic stuff that goes around your child's arm can get a bit tight after a while and my daughter sometimes complains of them hurting her (and they do leave quite strong marks around her arms - she's 2 1/2). I think this will depend on how long you're wearing them for though. I've also noticed that these are what they use for teaching the children to swim at my local pool so it can't do any harm to get your child used to them early on so that they are familiar with them if they are used in their swimming lessons. Definitely worth the investment and would definitely buy again.

Ex-Pro High Power Plus+ Lithium Ion Digital Camera Replacement Battery for Fujifilm FinePix NP-50

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says on the box, 17 Mar 2010
This battery seems fine and for the price, is so much cheaper than the proper Fuji one. I'm not entirely sure the battery life is as long as the branded one (haven't measured it properly) but as a back up battery, it's absolutely fine. Would definitely buy another.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and compact, 17 Mar 2010
This is a lovely little camera case and what I like about it is that it fits the camera really snuggly, so isn't bulky like some other cases. It's also got a strap and a great little clip giving you a couple of options for carrying it. The battery compartment inside the case is also very useful, whilst taking up hardly any space inside the case. The only thing I would say, and the reason I only gave this case 4 stars and not 5 is because the zip broke the first time I used it! However, because there's two zips on it, I just use one, which seems to work fine. A great little case for the Fuji Finepix F200 EXR and much cheaper that some others on the market, just a shame about the zip.

Hippychick Mattress Protector Fitted Sheet - 90 x 190cm Single
Hippychick Mattress Protector Fitted Sheet - 90 x 190cm Single

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 27 Dec 2009
This is a great product - does exactly what it says - It truly escapes the old fashioned plastic sheets which crinkled and rustled every time you moved. I was initially a little put off by the price but it's worth every penny. It seems a little tight on my daughter's single mattress but it's not a problem. Wouldn't have anything else now.

Room on the Broom
Room on the Broom
by Julia Donaldson

5.0 out of 5 stars A very enjoyable tale, 27 Dec 2009
This review is from: Room on the Broom (Hardcover)
Another lovely tale from Julia Donaldson. I love the rhyming style of her writing - which makes it especially easy to read to your child. My 2 year old loves the story and the pictures and doesn't take her eyes off the book from start to finish.

The Very Hungry Caterpillar
The Very Hungry Caterpillar
by Eric Carle

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Small, 27 Dec 2009
I ordered this book and made the mistake of not looking at the size of it in the description beforehand. I was really disappointed when the book arrived and it was smaller than a postcard! In my opinion, you can't enjoy this book at this size. I sent it back and ordered the large pop-up version instead (for not a great deal more), which is fantastic. I personally feel that while the story is classic, this particular version is very poor value for money and only any good for popping in a handbag! I gave it 3 stars only because of the size. The story and concept of the book itself is worthy of 5 stars.

Shreds - Angelina Plastic Coated Apron
Shreds - Angelina Plastic Coated Apron
Offered by Luxtons 2

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little apron, 27 Dec 2009
Lovely little apron - the only thing that would make it better is an adjustable neck strap. It's a bit long for my little girl but doesn't really affect the overall use of it.

The Zoo (Talkabouts)
The Zoo (Talkabouts)
by Stephen Cartwright
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like the title says- plenty to talk about, 27 Dec 2009
This review is from: The Zoo (Talkabouts) (Board book)
A lovely book with lots of busy pictures which give your child plenty to look at and talk about. My 2 year old loves to tell me what all the animals are and likes to find specific things in the different scenes. Would definitely recommend this and the other two books in the series (farm and seaside).

The Very Hungry Caterpillar Pop-Up Book
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Pop-Up Book
by Eric Carle

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must have for every child's bookcase, 27 Dec 2009
This is a truly beautiful book. The pop-ups are really cleverly done. My 2 year old was mezmorized when we first read it to her and she loved pulling all the tabs (not sure how long they'll last with a 2 year old mind you!). It's great value for money and in my opinion, so much more captivating than the normal, non pop-up version. A joy to read and I would highly recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2