Profile for Mr. Peter Parsons > Reviews

Content by Mr. Peter Parsons

Mr. Peter Parsons (London, England)

Offered by EliteDigital UK
Price: 31.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so bad afterall, 25 Mar 2011
I liked the opening track of the TV series "Boardwalk Empire", investigated its origins and discovered the Brian Jonestown Massacre. My first purchase was the album "Take it from the man", which I really enjoyed and consequently played to death. I was similarly captivated by "Bravery, Repitition and Noise", which less raucous then my earlier purchase, was nonetheless brilliant. Therefore, it was with much expectation that I bought "thank god for mental illness". Parts of this album are more country folk than rock, and whilst the Donovan and Dylan influenced tracks aren't too bad, there're a couple that wouldn't go amiss at any barn dance.....and I don't mean that in a good way. When I first heard this album I hated it but it eventually grew on me. I have now learned to appreciate several positives, my favourite of which is the opening track "Spanish Bee". In fact, the album starts off strongly and I like the first three or four tracks. However, being no lover of country and western music, anyone who bothers to listen to this album will know where my enjoyment ceases. All said and done I'm glad I made the purchase but it's certainly not one I'd recommend to anyone else.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2011 9:26 AM BST

AG3 LR41 L736 Alkaline Button Cell Replaces SR41W, SR41, SR736, SB-B1, 280-13, K, V392, D392, 247D, S736E, AG3, GP192, LR736, 392 for Calculator Watch, Camera Light and Clock (Pack of 10)
Offered by Sale2Save
Price: 1.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Top class service, 8 Jun 2009
I got exactly what I ordered within a few days of placing the order. Couldn't ask for more.

The Darkness That Comes Before: Book 1 of the Prince of Nothing
The Darkness That Comes Before: Book 1 of the Prince of Nothing
by R. Scott Bakker
Price: 6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic take on history, 1 Sep 2006
Take the story of the first crusade. Add a false prophet, a wizard and a harlot and mix together with a bucket full of outlandish names, a few strange creatures and enough padding to fill a mattress. What you are left with is the Prince of Nothing series. Having said this, it remains an enjoyable read albeit with a tendency towards seediness.