Profile for Janet Male > Reviews

Content by Janet Male

Janet Male "oya1" (Scotland, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Smart Weigh Professional Digital Kitchen and Postal Scale with Tempered Glass Platform
Offered by Five Star
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 2 Jun 2014
Super pair of scales. Accurate and attractive. I use them for weighing my post and they are 'just the ticket'.

FitFlop Bon Blackboard - Womens
FitFlop Bon Blackboard - Womens
Price: 50.00 - 80.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My fave Fitflops yet!, 2 Jun 2014
These are gorgeous in every way. Fit perfectly and are so comfortable. My feet are a little narrow and the similar Fitflops that fasten with velcro are too loose on me, but these are more versatile, adjustment wise, due to the buckle.

Bissell Sturdy Sweep Floor Cleaner, Blue
Bissell Sturdy Sweep Floor Cleaner, Blue
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 17 April 2014
This is a superb little item. Amazingly effective. Quick, light and easy and cleans as if by magic. Will not bother with my hoover nearly as much - maybe never! It is even better than my battery operated Gtech in my opinion and more fun to use. Also it is easy to empty, not like the ones I remember from my childhood that would snap at you like an alligator when you tried to empty them.

A superb buy!

Ogilvy on Advertising
Ogilvy on Advertising
by David Ogilvy
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Practically perfect in every way!, 23 Dec 2013
This review is from: Ogilvy on Advertising (Paperback)
What a book. Spent my Sunday reading it and it is was intriguing and enlightening. It is simply packed with gems of ideas. Even the layout of the book is a joy, and a lesson in itself. Don't hesitate. Buy it now!
PS. Does this sound like an ad?

Ice and a Slice
Ice and a Slice
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping and enjoyable read!, 14 Nov 2013
This review is from: Ice and a Slice (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Works both as a novel with believable and likeable characters and also great as a non-preachy book about the rocky road to ruin alcohol can be. Humorous and ultimately hopeful and uplifting. Loved it and highly recommend to all, whether you like a drink or not! I was sad to get to the end and am off to see what else this excellent author has written!

High Sobriety: my year without booze
High Sobriety: my year without booze
Price: 5.56

5.0 out of 5 stars The clarity when the 'beer goggles ' are removed!, 6 Nov 2013
What a superb book. It is well, written, funny, enlightening, uplifting and informative.

A few of my friends and relatives will be getting a copy for Xmas...

I believe it will convert people away from alcohol, either to being teetotal, or imbibing less, without being 'preachy' and without anyone feeling they are 'missing out'

Very highly recommended.

Bravo, Jill!

Road Trip Guide to the Soul: A 9-Step Guide to Reaching Your Inner Self and Revolutionizing Your Life
by Sadie Nardini
Price: 15.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Hip yoga!, 11 July 2013
No, I don't mean yoga for your hips, although it is fabulous for them. Do the triangle at least 4 times a week and you will probably never need hip replacement surgery, even if you live to 150! But to get to the point, Sadie is very very likeable, book is informative, never dry. I passed it onto a friend when she was in a depressed phase and she told me it pulled her out of the doldrums. I was reading a novel recently, think it was one of India Knight's, probably 'Mutton' and in it her friend had moved to LA to open a mega successful yoga studio. When asked why on earth she could do well when LA must have too many of those already she said something like "I take the wankiness out of it". And that to me, sums up Sadie she takes the ***** out of yoga and self-help. Well done, Sadie!

Happy Money (Increase the Flow of Money with a Simple 2-Step Formula)
Happy Money (Increase the Flow of Money with a Simple 2-Step Formula)
Price: 0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars A different and lovely approach, 11 July 2013
I thought this would be very 'samey' but there was definitely something new apart from the usual 'we create our own reality, what you think is what you get blah blah'. the latter all works, and I believe in it, but this suggests a really sweet way of creating money that I had never tried, that I think works nicely. I will not give the secret away here! Worth a go. I found it refreshing and nicely written.

Wedding Night
Wedding Night
by Sophie Kinsella

2.0 out of 5 stars Pure Farce, 19 May 2013
This review is from: Wedding Night (Hardcover)
Oh deary me. I absolutely adored the Shopaholic and Twenties Girl books, funny and sweet with good story lines. But this book was dull, and very silly, Ms Kinsella seems to have embraced pure farce. Some of it is too ludicrous to be funny. It was an effort to finish it, a bit of a yawnathon. I have given it two stars, however, as about 20% of the book is up to usual standards, but 80% is embarrassing and cringeworthy tosh.

Whole Latte Life
Whole Latte Life
Price: 3.64

1.0 out of 5 stars A Whole Latte Lack!, 26 Aug 2012
This review is from: Whole Latte Life (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this book for free, but still would like a refund for the time spent reading it! I gave up about third of the way through. The `plot' is ludicrous, the main character, to begin with, simply wants a few days away from her life to think with detachment, but goes about it in such a complicated and convoluted way. The `friend' over reacts, the husband over reacts. None of it `rings true'. But apart from that there was something deeply and horribly wrong with it....

And then it dawned on me. There is almost no humour whatsoever. Dreary, dull and yawn filled.
I did not like it. Can you tell?

It is rare for me to write a negative review. I am normally from the school of `if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all'. But not in this case...

The joy of the delete button!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3