Profile for Mr. M. P. Duffy > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. P. Duffy

Mr. M. P. Duffy (Littlehampton, West Sussex United Kingdom)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Case Logic ibrs113†K Polyester Case for 13†inch Laptop†-†Black
Case Logic ibrs113†K Polyester Case for 13†inch Laptop†-†Black

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent feeling case for the money, 26 July 2016
A nicely padded case.

Easy to use as the zip runs down one long and one short edge so you have plenty of room to aim for.

The material feels of reasonable quality and the padding feels adequately thick.

There is no space for any extras, so I will only be using it to transport my macbook when fully charged and only when I plan to use it on battery as you can't take a power adapter with you in the case.

Devolo dLAN Powerline 550 Wi-Fi Network Kit
Devolo dLAN Powerline 550 Wi-Fi Network Kit

2.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating setup and still not working., 26 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have tried a frustrating 3 times to get this to work and have still had no success.

I had high hopes for this product as I thought it would be a great way to get Wi-Fi out into the garden during the summer months, but alas it would appear not.

There is a main plug in - the Dolan 550 duo+ which you plug in and connect via cable to your router. There are then 2 plug adapters which you can supposedly move around to where you want to boost your signal.

The instructions appear straightforward, but it is in their simplicity that they become frustrating. There are no walk-throughs of what to do if it doesn't work, or how to reset the process if (or when!) to doesn't.

I tried downloading the apple app in case this was able to shed any light on the problems, but all it does is flicker with pictures of the various different adapters and not allow me to click on them or do anything with them. Also frustrating.

It's not a complete flop - I get the right pattern of lights on each adapter and can see "devolo" as an available network in the setting on my devices, but on putting in the password (I have checked and double checked that it's right), the connection circle logo just whizzes round and round without ever connecting.

I will persevere, but at present I can't give this any more than 2 stars.

Igenix IG1660 Pedestal Fan, 16-Inch, Chrome
Igenix IG1660 Pedestal Fan, 16-Inch, Chrome
Offered by Capital Stores

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice sturdy and stylish fan, 18 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very nice quality fan, which looks a lot more upmarket than previous pedestal fans I've owned.

It's a bit fiddly to put together out of the box - but I guess that's why there are no plasticky creaks as it works! Everything is metal and everything is screwed together. For example, on cheaper fans I've owned the rear guard (behind the fan) and the fan blade itself are held on by a plastic screw collar each, whereas on this model the rear guard has to be screwed to the motor housing with screws and washers. Likewise the fan blade locks onto it's motor spindle with a small locking screw. It's worth the extra fiddliness though really because it feels very well put together once done.

It's a shame there isn't any tilt adjustment, only height.

It's nicely weighted and very sturdy. On/off control knob and oscillating control are very easy to use.

After a few days of use I would update the above to say that it is really a bit too noisy to sleep with and it has also developed a squeak at the end of its sweep!

Venum Challenger 2.0 Boxing Gloves - Black/Matte Black, 12 oz
Venum Challenger 2.0 Boxing Gloves - Black/Matte Black, 12 oz

4.0 out of 5 stars A comfortable, well padded glove. Ideal for focus pad work., 14 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are a comfortable pair of gloves which work nicely for focus pad work.

I have used them with a female friend and the 12 oz glove fits her perfectly, so I would say for 12 oz they're probably best for a small-medium men's hand or a medium-large female hand.

They have a nice mesh interior and don't ever feel clammy, even after a long session of pad work. I was worried that the foam felt quite thin compared to my previous gloves, but they offer good padding.

They come in a nice zip up case which unlike other gloves you can actually get them back in to even after their first outing (I often find the cases a bit stingy and difficult to zip back up after they have been opened the first time!)

Optoma NuForce BE6I Bluetooth Earphones - Grey
Optoma NuForce BE6I Bluetooth Earphones - Grey

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound quality and good connectivity, but just a little bit large!, 29 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The sound quality of these headphones is brilliant, and connectivity perfect.

On opening the box, you are greeted by a nice zip up carry case to keep them in and the phones themselves set in foam. Instructions are underneath and are not the best instructions ever. In what seems to be the latest fashion, there are no words; only pictures. These don't make brilliant sense and I think I managed to connect them via bluetooth more by luck than judgement. What's nice is that once they're paired with your iPhone (5S - don't know about other iPhones) you get a nice little battery level indicator next to the bluetooth logo so you can see how your battery life is looking.

There are a multitude of different attachments and earbuds which can be swapped and the memory foam noise cancelling ones are brilliant - no background noise gets in at all.

It's a shame that for such a nicely crafted item, that the controller buttons feel quite cheap and plasticky. I think I'd rather pay a few more quid and have a nice metal control module.

The sound quality is amazing,and they hang in your ears when running with no problem. My only criticism is that they are quite large. Even pushed fully into my ears there's quite a lot of metalwork poking out of your ear (rather like Lieutenant Uhura in the original Star Trek!)

Philips Sonicare HX3214/01 CleanCare+ Electric Toothbrush
Philips Sonicare HX3214/01 CleanCare+ Electric Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars The Philips Sonicare brushes have been my favourite toothbrushes. Sensation-wise they can take a bit of ..., 25 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Philips Sonicare brushes have been my favourite toothbrushes. Sensation-wise they can take a bit of getting used to, but I have suffered no staining on my teeth since using them. Like other models the brush has a two-minute programme, with a reminder every 30 seconds so you can move onto the next quarter of your teeth, which helps ensure even brushing. The heads aren't too expensive to replace, and click on and off easily, which allows multiple users to use the same handle. This model has less features than my other Sonicare (which has multiple programmes), but hand-on-heart I rarely use anything but the main setting anyway as I don't like the weird sensation of the 'gum massage' etc!

RockJam LED Finger Lights - Pack of 80
RockJam LED Finger Lights - Pack of 80

5.0 out of 5 stars These were much better than I was expecting, 13 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These were much better than I was expecting. They fit nice and securely on the finger, so there are no worries about them flying off into someone's face - especially if you are a particularly ecstatic arm waver! The batteries last a few hours, give or take, but as the product is intended to be disposable, they cannot be replaced. However, considering the low cost and the fact there are 80 in the box, this is no great problem. Overall, a good fun product!

Rapesco Supaclip 40 Refill Clips - Pink, Pack of 100
Rapesco Supaclip 40 Refill Clips - Pink, Pack of 100

5.0 out of 5 stars Supaclips in colour! These will be useful if you need to distinguish between filed items., 4 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are just the same as normal supaclips, but coloured pink!

They are designed to fit a 40 sized supaclip handle, so only order if this is what you have.

They say they are capable of up to 25 sheets, but as I found with a larger sized dispenser they sometimes struggle at full capacity and snag the edges of the paper over.

There 100 clips in the box so will last for ages.

Garmin DriveAssist 50LMT-D 5 inch Satellite Navigation with Built-in Dash Cam, Lifetime Map Updates and Digital Traffic for UK, Ireland and Full Europe, Bluetooth

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great little sat nav - clear display, good instructions and the bonus of a safety camera too!, 17 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First thing I noticed about this, which was a bit annoying, is that there is no manual or instructions in the box. You have to go on the website and download a manual which I guess you'd then either have to keep electronically on a device or print. Even if they could just provide a short 'main functions' guide it would be more useful. I haven't downloaded the manual so everything I have done so far with the unit has been self learnt!

I connected the device and downloaded the update software. It initially said the first update would take 'a little while'. It subsequently fluctuated between showing about 40 minutes and 76 hours to download!! It actually completed in about four and a half hours. The device will not switch on when connected via USB for either update or charging, so if you want to play about with it you'll need to do it when charged or plugged into the cigarette lighter. I have updated a couple of times now and the device still doesn't acknowledge a new bypass which opened near us in March so updates are a little behind!

The suction cup mount is really strong, but the release clip tends to give the device a good clunk when you undo it. Even once the suction clip is released it is generally quite touch to unstick from the windscreen!

It's a really good sat nav device. Input of addresses and locations is easy and it autocompletes as you type so often don't have to type the whole thing. We used it yesterday to navigate from West Sussex to North Wales with a couple of stops en route. Every time the predicted arrival time was almost spot on within a few minutes (generally it slightly over-eggs the time and you get there a little sooner). It also gave good warning of an accident on the motorway and offered an alternative route which worked perfectly. It would be quite useful if the screen showed current actual time as well as predicted arrival time. I have a clock on my dashboard so it may sound lazy, but it means you have to look between to two and refocus, so becomes a little annoying. Also, a couple of times when it was switching between zoom views on the screen (it zooms out to show less detail when you are a long way from your next instruction) it would hang and there would be no roads shown for a few moments. It panicked us the first time, but always came back.

The unit comes pre programmed to give warning alarms for pretty much everything; speed limit changes, sharp bends, schools, animal crossings, speed cameras etc. We ended up switching most of these off after our first drive because they become a little annoying. There are decent enough visual cues for all of these on the screen event in silent operation which is much less irritating.

The forward facing camera warns of lane creep and risk of forward collision if you are too close. It is easy to line up when prompted when you switch the unit on. Thankfully we have not had to rely on it for any evidence in an accident situation, but when you connect the device to the computer for update it pops up a folder with a load of video clips in it, so it appears it would be easy to find the required video clip evidence if you needed it.

Bosch 18 V Professional Cordless Twin Kit
Bosch 18 V Professional Cordless Twin Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic set of powerful drills - easy to use and great battery life, 10 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a brilliant drill set. Great power, fine motor control, nicely balanced in the hand and bright LED working lamp.

The drills come in a sturdy carry case which I believe will stack with other cases from the professional range. Even as a standalone case it is great because of the carry handles on the side and top. Nice blown plastic moulding inside to hold the drills in place.

The drill has lovely fine motor control and works well in both hammer and normal drill mode. I worked with it all day (on a domestic job doing some woodworking) and it didn't run out of battery once. The working light LED is bright and really useful in a tight/dark space. The drill is really nicely weighted and is comfortable to use working above head height.

The impact driver is brilliant - not long after getting the set I had the need to rattle loose some screws in an old lock in a metal door frame and it tackled the job perfectly. It comes with a phillips head bit pushed through a holder in the handle - one of my only criticisms is that it's a double-ended phillips bit and it would be handy if it were phillips one end and flat-head the other - but it's a minor gripe. The quick lock chuck on the impact driver is really easy to use.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20