Profile for Mr. M. P. Duffy > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. P. Duffy

Mr. M. P. Duffy (Littlehampton, West Sussex United Kingdom)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Dog Poo Bags Large OXO Biodegradable by Easipet (100)
Dog Poo Bags Large OXO Biodegradable by Easipet (100)
Offered by Far East Direct Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent sized, thick bags., 1 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's not every day I write a review of a dog's mess bag!

These are nice, big bags so no fears about being caught short. They feel very sturdy and have a decent pair of tie handles.

The bags do not come in any sort of dispenser pack, they are simply sent in a black plastic outer bag so will need keeping carefully folded in a coat pocket.

It is obviously not possible to comment on the biodegradable factor, but compared to other biodegradable bags I have used before these feel quite thick in comparison which can only be a good thing as far as I'm concerned!

Finish All in One Max Lemon Dishwasher Tablets (Pack of 74)
Finish All in One Max Lemon Dishwasher Tablets (Pack of 74)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, streak-free cleaning!, 28 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was very impressed with the cleaning power of these dishwasher tabs.

I purposefully let the salt and rinse aid run down in my dishwasher to see whether going for an all in one tab would work out, and I'm not disappointed. Glasses have come out streak free, and even fairly tea stained mugs have come out shining, all with a lovely fresh lemon scent when you open the door.

There's not a huge amount else I can say about these, other than they're good!

Philips Sonicare HX9361/67 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush Pink
Philips Sonicare HX9361/67 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toothbrush!, 23 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I had for quite a few years been using an earlier model of the Philips SonicCare, which lasted for about 3 years, and I really cannot fault it. When it came to replace it I tried the Oral B equivalent out of interest as I'd heard good things about it (mainly from my dental hygienist), and have to say I've been equally impressed - no better, no worse. Having tried out this newer model SonicCare, design and results wise I can't say I've noticed any major difference from my experiences with the previous model of SonicCare (or even my Oral B), other than the option to charge via USB, which is very useful as it gives me another charging option when travelling. It is perhaps a bit stronger feeling than my last one, but that could just be because it was getting old! Either way, I have fairly sensitive teeth due to gum recession through over scrubbing with a manual brush as a teenager, but I didn't find this too uncomfortable to use, possibly as I have already been using sonic toothbrushes for a number of years.

Philips HP3621 200w InfraCare Lamp
Philips HP3621 200w InfraCare Lamp

5.0 out of 5 stars Very strong heat from this little lamp!, 30 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This lamp give off fantastic heat!

It is incredibly easy to use straight out of the box; just plug it in, one simple on/off switch on the front of the lamp and off you go.

It stands on a flat base on which the lamp can be tilted backwards by about 45 degrees. It is generally quite easy to position the lamp suitably, although I have found myself sometimes having to prop it on a book on a coffee table to achieve the right height for warming my quads and hamstrings!

The heat is incredible. Very penetrating but not so hot that your surface skin feels uncomfortable.

All in all very straightforward and does exactly what you'd hope!

AEG KM4400 UltraMix Kitchen Machine, Tungsten Metallic Gloss
AEG KM4400 UltraMix Kitchen Machine, Tungsten Metallic Gloss

5.0 out of 5 stars A really nice, quality item of kitchen machinery!, 22 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Straight away I was impressed with the contents of the box! It's really nice that this setup includes a second stainless steel bowl and the splatter guard, as well as the various attachments and main bowl. I must say it was fairly tricky getting the main stainless bowl out for the first time however. It came packed in that thin packing foam which when locked into he base of mixer makes for such a tight fit that it was pretty hard to free the bowl for the first time!

The mixer feels, and is, of very good quality. It is sturdily heavy, and everything feels exceedingly well crafted. It's nice to have the white LED lights under the motor head to light the contents of the bowl. There are 3 different heads; a beater, a dough hook and a balloon whisk. They are very easy to interchange; it's simply a bayonet-type of fixing with a push against a spring and a small turn to lock the head in place. It's rather pleasing the way the motor 'ramps-up' when switched on and when changing between speed settings.

I have so far predominantly used the beater and the dough hook, mainly for biscuit and pizza base making. The only thing I am finding that I could remotely be picky about is that sometimes after dough has been mixing for a while, the direction of turn of the slapping dough tightens the bowl into the locking base. Of course, you wouldn't want it to turn against the locking base to free the bowl(!), but a couple of times it has really tightened up in the base making it stiff to remove.

The mixer is not too noisy, is very easy to wipe clean and is proving to be used more than I might have originally thought! There is a power take-off on the motor head which can accommodate other accessories such as a slicer and a pasta roller, but I do not have any such attachments and so have not used it. It's very easy to unscrew the cover plate and flip it up out the way to reveal he power take-off.

A very pleasing, good quality mixer.

Architectural Styles: A Visual Guide
Architectural Styles: A Visual Guide
by Owen Hopkins
Edition: Flexibound

5.0 out of 5 stars Great overview, 1 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I ordered this as I have only a very loose idea of what constitutes an architectural style, a knowledge mainly garnered long ago in a dusty school room! This book is a great and fairly portable guide that simply and concisely explains various styles, both those historical and contemporary, giving information on their history and the ideas behind each style, along with helpful photos that illustrate the identifying characteristics. I'm guessing it is not an exhaustive text, but it certainly provides enough information to satiate the needs of the idly curious, and serves as a great overview and introduction for those who might want to explore further.

Philips GC4522/00 Azur Performer Steam Iron with 200 g Steam Boost and Safety Auto Off, 300 ml, 2600 Watt, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very steamy, quick to heat up and massive sole plate make ironing a short task!, 28 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is quite possibly the most steamy iron I've ever used!

Straight out the box, it felt quite big compared to the previous iron I owned (which was a very cheap plasticky one). I must say though, that the weight and balance of it are remarkable. It's very light to use and the advantage of its size is the massive sole plate which definitely makes ironing quicker.

It's easy to fill under the tap because it's got a nice large spout and it it holds loads of water - I've only filled it the once so far which has provided lots of ironing!

It is incredible at producing steam. Almost to the point that you need to be wary of the amount of steam coming out! I only use a small table top ironing board from IKEA and the amount of steam that passes through the garment and the ironing board was surprising at first; I'm used to it now though.

It's easy to adjust the temperature, it heats up very quickly when switched on and it also has automatic cut-out features at different timings depending on whether you leave it flat or standing on its end, so no more getting to work and worrying that you have left a fire hazard at home!!!

The instruction book and box make a big deal out of its self-cleaning, de-lime scaling facilities, but I have not had reason to have to use that feature yet as it's not supposed to be done after such a short period of use. The 'quick calc' tray which collects the deposits of scale is very easy to remove though so I imagine it will be simple.

If I have one small gripe, it's that the cord retaining clip is a bit fiddly when you've wrapped the cord round for storage and want to clip the end back on itself.

Supa-Fix APX4 Ultra Strength Adhesive and Reinforcing Filling Powders
Supa-Fix APX4 Ultra Strength Adhesive and Reinforcing Filling Powders

4.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff!, 11 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have tried this on a few different items in my 'to repair' pile, and have to say the results have been overwhelmingly positive. Possibly my only main criticism is cosmetic, in that if repairing a large gap on a coloured item, then the black and grey filling powders could look out of place. Other than that it's easy to use, it sets quickly and once dry it files down easily to make a smooth repair that is super strong! I'll definitely be buying more of this when it runs out!

Colgate C350 ProClinical Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Colgate C350 ProClinical Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars A great first step into the world of sonic brushing!!!!, 7 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this as an upgrade to previously using a standard electric toothbrush, so this is a first foray into the sonic world for me! I cannot stress enough how much cleaner it is leaving my teeth feeling!

Out of the box it was very easy to charge, and simple to set up. The brush head connects to the body easily. The charge lasts an incredibly long time; approximately 2 weeks seems to be fairly average between charges.

Other than that, there's not a huge amount I can say - it works well, charge lasts ages and it leaves my teeth feeling super-clean!!!!!

Braun Thermoscan IRT 3020 Compact Ear Thermometer
Braun Thermoscan IRT 3020 Compact Ear Thermometer

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and easy to use!, 1 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very quick and easy to use, giving me a reading within about a second or so. Also, it gave me the same result each time I successively retried taking my temperature, which is reassuring!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20