Profile for GARY > Reviews

All Together Now The Very Best Of The Farm
Offered by AWentertainments
Price: 4.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Compilation Album, 12 July 2014
This is just a simple review stating how impressed I am with this 'best of' collection by The Farm. In the last few years I have been buying a lot of records of many types of music and I have no doubts in comparison that this is a very fine compilation album. Lots of good songs on both discs and as an added bonus even the re-mixes are well worth a listen. My favourite track is 'Mind' and the official You Tube video of this song is well worth viewing. The CD cover and booklet are also bright and attractive which I always appreciate because it all makes for a better quality all round package. So few reviews must surely indicate poor sales which is a real shame because I believe there is a very good chance that most people who would buy this record would agree with my opinion that this double album is a real treat.

I've Got Your Music [VINYL]
I've Got Your Music [VINYL]
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Treasured Purchase, 7 Jun 2014
I must have watched the official video of this track hundreds of times on You Tube and counting so this is a special vinyl purchase for me. It features an extended version and two remixes of 'I've Got Your Music', and another song called 'Dominion Tiles'. To my pleasant surprise this single is LP sized and is well worth the 6.99 I paid for it. If anyone is reading this review and thinking of buying this quality package well I would highly recommend that you put in your basket right now.

Brazil 2014 Football T-shirt - S to XXL Unisex
Brazil 2014 Football T-shirt - S to XXL Unisex
Offered by wantAtshirt
Price: 14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Ready For The World Cup, 29 Mar 2014
I'm sure you can buy a tee-shirt like this without the design for about a fiver at some budget retailers. Considering that the design is quite simple and the 'Brazil' word could have been more prominent I have been contemplating whether it is worth an extra tenner or so. Some people who buy it may have an issue with that but seeing as I will almost certainly get my monies worth out of it over the next few months I am still happy enough with it.

California Dreamin' - The Best of The Mamas & The Papas
California Dreamin' - The Best of The Mamas & The Papas
Price: 8.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 26 Mar 2014
I just want to briefly enthuse about this album. I am not one usually for 60's music but the Mamas & The Papas have proved a rare exception to the general rule. Many good songs on here which have really stood the test of time. My favourite tune is 'Better Every Day' by Mama Cass. I dare say there might be the usual 'expert' reviewers who are not totally happy but if you just take this album at face value purely for the music then you should be well satisfied with this purchase. Great stuff.

Brazil
Brazil
by Michael Palin
Price: 6.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Dr Palin I Presume, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: Brazil (Paperback)
With the World Cup coming up I thought it would be a good time to improve my knowledge of Brazil. I must admit I did not enjoy reading it all that much because I found his habit of using Brazilian terms and overemphasis on facts rather tiresome .Indeed at times I felt like I was on a trek through the Amazon making my way through this book. Saying that some parts of the text I did find very interesting and is well written throughout with hardly any spelling mistakes which is quite unusual.The big plus point here was the fact that by the end of it I had improved my knowledge of Brazil no end and that cannot be a bad thing. I do not regret reading this book but on reflection I wish I had bought the hardback version. Reading this also led to me buying the DVD. If you feel like learning and are up for a challenge then this book may be for you.

Percussion Plus 8 inch Tambourine
Percussion Plus 8 inch Tambourine
Price: 7.27

3.0 out of 5 stars Not A Tambourine Dream, 2 Mar 2014
The picture here sold this tambourine to me but it really is flattering and is in much better condition than the one I received. Saying that for only six pounds it is not a bad piece of work although rather basic. My main grumble was the fact that the skin was covered with what I assume to be dirty finger marks. Must be a possibility that it was second hand.

Wild Ones
Wild Ones
Offered by MasterDVD
Price: 4.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong Album, 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: Wild Ones (Audio CD)
Not my usual choice of music you understand but truth is I have got the hots for that song off the tv travel advert 'Good Feeling'. I have been rattling up the plays on that brilliant track but the really pleasant surprise for me here was the fact I enjoyed the rest off the album on the whole with 'Whistle', and 'Wild Ones', being favourites. I got this for just 3 quid at Christmas time and having listened to this album at that price it was a steal.

Denim Black by Faberge Aftershave 100ml
Denim Black by Faberge Aftershave 100ml
Offered by FragrancesCosmeticsPerfumes
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Fragrance., 11 Feb 2014
I'm a fan of Denim aftershave and was well suited with this lastest addition to my collection. In my opinion Denim Black is possibly even nicer than the original.

27 mix Cartoon Lovely Silicone Fridge Magnet Christmas Gift Kids Baby Home Decoration
Offered by leading-star
Price: 0.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Buy!!, 11 Feb 2014
This Santa fridge magnet of really good quality and looks as nice as the picture. I was also delighted by the fact that it had clearly been imported directly fron China. Puzzled how they got round the import charge though. Great value for only 70p.

A Whole Lot of History
A Whole Lot of History
by Kimberley Walsh
Price: 9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Rolling Back The Years, 6 Jan 2014
This review is from: A Whole Lot of History (Hardcover)
I was a very enthusiastic purchaser of this book and I doubt if anyone values this signed edition more than me. It certainly did not disappoint and I cannot recall enjoying reading a book more. This story kept my attention all the way through and is full of interesting bits of information. Seeing as I do not read gossip magazines or tabloid newspapers there was lots to learn here. In the early days I was really into Girls Aloud and I just assumed they were very professional. I was amazed to read that at that time the band were effectively in a shambolic state and the girls were out every night getting up to all sorts of debuachery. If you thought this story would be a repeat of the cd sleevenotes and contain pats on the back all round than you would be mistaken because there are measured criticisms of her fellow bandmates all the way through but I'm guessing that they have been given approval beforehand by those concerned. My gut feeling is that this story is a reasonably honest account of events but there is one incident I find a bit difficult to believe. That was when a very young Kimberley and her family were travelling to Manchester to attend an audition and the Rover in which her mother was driving crashed into a wall and caught fire. The occupants of the vehicle clambered out of the wreckage and calmly continued their journey to Manchester via other means of transport. Surprise surprise Kimberley got the part probably after getting the sympathy vote. You cannot underestimate the value of good parents and her mother certainly knew how to get results. I am not usually a photos person but I certainly did like the collection of snaps she has included in here. If you are reading this sometime Kimberley I have got a lot empathy for you when you lament about your parents shouting and bawling at each other all the time because it sounds like my upbringing. The only slight negative remarks I have about this book is my opinion that although Kimberley is obviously an attractive young woman a cover picture of her with a more serious expression similar to her mate Cheryl would surely have sold this book many more copies. The story also contains a considerable amount of spelling and grammer mistakes and does not appear to have proof read maybe in a rush to get it out for the pre-Christmas market. I can certainly live with that though to read such a great book. I know there are many books similar to this available these days but this one is a shining star indeed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3