Profile for hanbee > Reviews

Babytalk
Babytalk
by Sally Ward
Price: 7.58

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want your child to have a head start I think this book can help, 5 Mar 2013
This review is from: Babytalk (Paperback)
This book encourages great speech development, it gives lots of information about development of speech and play in age stages. Good advice about how to help speech progress. Clear, common sense advice about when to be concerned and raise your concerns with someone. My older son has a severe speech delay which has a medical cause so whilst this hasn't helped him overcome this it has undoubtedly meant things are not as bad as they could be! For my younger son he was recently assessed by a university psychology team researching language development, he gained a higher score than any other child they had tested, his understanding was considerably advanced by several years. I'm sure that using these techniques and his exposure to signing from birth has helped this to happen.

The Tickle Book
The Tickle Book
by Ian Whybrow
Price: 3.46

4.0 out of 5 stars Great playful book, 5 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Tickle Book (Paperback)
My boys love this as it's an excuse for lots of tickling however the pop up, paper quality isn't that great and it all fell apart very quickly which was a shame as it isn't cheap.

My New Baby
My New Baby
by Rachel Fuller
Price: 3.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful for new older siblings, 5 Mar 2013
This review is from: My New Baby (Board book)
My older son loved looking at this with me before and after his little brother arrived. Very useful to prepare them for the realities of a new baby in the house and a good counterbalance to the useful idea fed to little ones that a new baby will be someone to play with. This book will prepare an older sibling for the fact that baby's cry, drink milk, can't play or walk. Suitable for a 2 year old who's expecting a sibling. I've now passed my copy onto a friend expecting her second.

Games to Play with Toddlers
Games to Play with Toddlers
by Jackie Silberg
Price: 11.04

2.0 out of 5 stars Found this book a disappointment, 5 Mar 2013
I had such high hopes for this book but have to admit I have only ever completed one of the activities with my boys. They have just lost interest and refused to join in with others I've tried. I don't blame them some as very basic and a bit boring, many that are not are things I already did with them day to day anyway. I now find fun ideas on the many brilliant preschool activity blogs out there on the internet.

Galt Toys Folding Trampoline
Galt Toys Folding Trampoline
Price: 39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Has universal preschooler appeal., 5 Mar 2013
This review is from: Galt Toys Folding Trampoline (Toy)
Oh how my children LOVE this. The hours they spend bouncing on it, on their own, in tandem, holding on, letting go, jumping off it. It has been more than worth the money. Only small problem I've found is that even when really tightened the bolts have a tendency to work loose over time and so need regular attention or lots of observation to make sure one doesn't work its way out.

Caterpillar Tunnel
Caterpillar Tunnel
Offered by Tumble Tots
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A more versatile toy then you might think, 5 Mar 2013
This review is from: Caterpillar Tunnel (Toy)
We've owned this for a while now and it's such great fun and every little one who comes to play at our house just has to have a go in it. Great for outdoors or indoors; we've used it in obstacle courses, as a hiding place and even taken photos of ourselves turned green by being inside!

Listen to Your Child: A Parent's Guide to Children's Language (Penguin Handbooks)
by David Crystal

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 5 Mar 2013
A fascinating book that blends information about the complex way language develops with interesting case studies. I bought it as it was recommended by speech therapists as my older son as a speech delay but really have found it a much more interesting companion to my younger son's normal language development.

The Baby's Catalogue
The Baby's Catalogue
by Allan Ahlberg
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book for toddlers, one of our favourite bedtime reads, 5 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Baby's Catalogue (Board book)
I have read this almost nightly for the last 9 months with my now nearly 2 and half year old. He just loves it as, even though it's getting a bit dated, he can relate nearly all the pictures to his life. He will talk at length about each bit of detail in the pictures and goes through phases of different pages particularly appealing to him. He will even say "that's like me got", "that's what Harry do" etc. This is a great book as it encourages a conversation around what you're looking at rather than just being read too.

A very close, friend of mine is due to have her first baby soon, after thinking long and hard about what I might get for a present I know that a copy of this book has got to be part of it!

Ours is so well read it's now in three pieces!

Cats Sleep Anywhere
Cats Sleep Anywhere
by Eleanor Farjeon
Price: 4.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Love reading this book with my 2 and 4 year old, 5 Mar 2013
This review is from: Cats Sleep Anywhere (Hardcover)
We love this poem and all the funny places cats can get (and decide to sleep) especially as we have two dozy old lady cats who still think they can fit in a tissue box despite getting rather portly in their dotage! The pictures are lovely with loads of the every day life detail that preschoolers enjoy.

Where's the Cat?
Where's the Cat?
by Stella Blackstone
Price: 4.58

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful design, maybe best for those over 2 and a half?, 5 Mar 2013
This review is from: Where's the Cat? (Board book)
The images in this book as gorgeous, really attractive, striking bright colour. The words have a great rhythm and are fun to read. My little one (age 2) does find it hard to locate the cat in some of the pictures though which is the only reason I've marked it down a star. It's great fun to search for the cat, read the words when you can't find it but then it your child still can't find it when given a clue they can understandably get a bit frustrated and not want to return to the book in future. Perhaps it's just one he'll like better in future.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3