Profile for Mark Collacott > Reviews

Content by Mark Collacott

Mark Collacott "A frustrated rocker!" (UK)

Sennheiser MM70i In-Ear Headset with Smart Remote and Mic for Apple Devices - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive Sound!, 14 Jan. 2011
Had the Sennheiser MM70i earphones delivered today, and I am very pleased. They look fantastic. Included in the packaging are 6 sets of ear canal sleeves. There are two types and each type has three sizes (large, medium and small). It is very important to try them all to find the size and type that best suits you, for sound and comfort. It is important to ensure you use the correct size. If the sleeve is not correct then the earphone will sound very poor and tinny. When correctly fitted, that is when these earphones come into their own. The sound is fantastic. The bass is superb (particularly in comparison to the standard Apple earphones I was using before), without deteriorating the treble. The sound is crisp for music, and also when on calls.

It comes with a remote. The standard features are included (volume control, music on/off, answer/end phonecall). Also it allows you to use voice control (on my iPhone 4), and also to skip forward or back a track. Two quick presses to skip, and three to go back. (But the first three presses it will return to the start of the current track, so you need to press it six times to go to the previous track).

Also included is a small leather (or leather substitute!) pouch, with a protective widget (not sure what to call it!), which you can plug the earphones into and then wrap the cable around before placing in the pouch, so that they are protected.

Well worth the money (purchased at Amazon prices that is, and not the Apple store price!). My only reservation is that I had a pair of Sennheiser earphones a couple of years ago and the right earphone stopped working after about 6 months. From the Amazon reviews this seemed to be a common problem. I am hoping that this problem has been rectified for this model. Judging by the reviews, so far so good.

Five stars for me, as long as I don't encounter the same problem I did with my last pair!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 10, 2015 4:10 PM GMT

Guitar Hero: World Tour - Complete Band Game (Xbox 360)
Guitar Hero: World Tour - Complete Band Game (Xbox 360)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun but shoddy instruments?, 9 Jan. 2009
Guitar Hero: World Tour - Band Bundle (Xbox 360)

I purchased the band kit when it was first released and Amazon despatched on release date or near enough. I have mainly been using the red octane wireless guitar that came with the band kit, and on first opening it, and playing I was disappointed with it. The quality of workmanship seems a lot worse then the guitar in the previous GH game. The strum button was flimsy and annoying squeeks alot! The guitar and game does have some great new features, including the neck slider, a touch pad on the spine of the guitar next to the standard fret buttons.

From first using the guitar, during a song, the guitar randomly strums when I haven't touched anything, and I am unsure whether this is down to the shoddy strum button, or is a sensitivity issue with the new neck slider. This problem is very annoying, especially when you are looking good for a perfect score on your favourite rock song!!

I have registered this problem with Red Octane under the manufacturer warranty of 3 months. On doing so I was shown a message saying a replacement will be despatched promptly. The fact that they are willing to just send out a replacement without seeing the faulty makes me think that there may be a bigger problem. I am still waiting for said delivery of the replacement.

I have used the drum kit a bit, but not too much, and despite a lot of reviews I haven't noticed any sensitivity issues. I am aware that Activision have released tuning software that you can use with a PC to tune the drum kit and if any problems remain, then new drum parts are despatched.

The game itself, like the other Guitar Hero's is great fun, even with a faulty guitar, and the set list is quite long, with a variety of songs to suit most tastes. Overall great game with some good new features, however I question the quality of the instruments and sometimes wonder if I should have waited for Rock Band 2!