Profile for Karate Dude > Reviews

The Emerald River
The Emerald River
Price: 1.93

4.0 out of 5 stars great book, 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Emerald River (Kindle Edition)
I am suprised this the first review. This book is a great page turner and throughly enjoyable.. This author is young but has plenty of potential. Thrilling plot, interesting characters and exciting all the way through. Worth a read!

Room
Room
Price: 4.19

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book., 16 Aug 2013
This review is from: Room (Kindle Edition)
I know some people complain that Jack's ( the main character and narator of the story ) narative was not beleivible as someof the language and phrase seemed a little to complex for a five year old and i'm not saying i disagree but.... A story has to be understandable and exiting. I agree, at some points Jack does sound like an adult but i do not care. It does not take away from the story. Which, by the way, is about a boy and his mum held captive in a 11 by 11 foot room. Jack only beleives in the exsistance of " Room " and anything he sees outside on the t.v is not real. That is what his mum tells him. Then one day she tells Jack truth, about " Outside " and they plan an escape.... The language is the way it is to make the book enjoyable. An orginal, emotional story. I recomend it.

A Web of Air (Mortal Engines Quartet)
A Web of Air (Mortal Engines Quartet)
Price: 3.60

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book that deserves more appreciation., 14 Aug 2013
I know people critise this book for not being as good as the others but I do not think it deserves it. Yes,it is different to the other Fever books,but that doesnt make it bad. A good solid story line,great ending,great characters,what else do you need? Being different i not a bad thing. Just because it is not set in London and is not so relevant to the big picture, does not mean you should not read it. A fantastic book, I recconmend it!

iFrogz Ear Pollution DJ Style On-Ear Headsets - Billionaire
iFrogz Ear Pollution DJ Style On-Ear Headsets - Billionaire

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Sound Quality For The Price, 24 Sep 2011
I have had these for quite a while now and I have used them a lot. I use them mostly with my phone, and the volume is reasonable but not really loud if you're someone who likes your music so loud it blows your head off. However, I've tried them with my ipod and they a quite a lot louder with that. With that in mind, I think these headphones are more suited for ipods and maybe mp3 players.

The build quality is great for the price, I've had them for at least a year now, and they are still doing great. I just slip them in my bag and take them everywhere and know that when I get them out they'll still work. The head band is sturdy and well padded so they are comfortable to wear. However, I'm reasonably small and after a while I personally find them a bit heavy. For younger teens, ten/eleven, who aren't particully tall, these head phones are quite bulky and look large on your head.

The sound quality is well rounded. The bass is good, but for people who like banging beats, it maybe is not quite enough for you. However, the treble is smooth and so is the rest of the range. The sound is clear and I believe good for the price.

As far as style, they are okay. If dj style headphones are what you want, then they are a price compromise against the larger skullcandy headphones. I have not owned skullcandies, but I've heard the lowriders can sometimes break easily. If you want sturdy headphones with well rounded sound, these are for you. However, if you want a name or 'brand', and amazing style, skullcandies are more well known. If you can afford it, go for the dr dre beats range. But if not, these are a great option.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Novelty Item But Bad Build Quality - Broke, 9 Jan 2011
I got this item for a Christmas, and was impressed with it. It worked well on cardboard boxes, and all of Christmas day I was listening to tunes with it. I have to say however, that if you want a speaker for booming out tunes to a crowd, this is not the one. It is definatly more of a novelty gadget than a practical speaker. The actual product is not very practical, as there are many messy cables and although when not in use these can be wound up, it seems to take too long to get out and put away. Another thing about this is that if you don't wind the wire correctly or tight enough, it is difficult to get the vibrating pod back into its spot.

Audio quality varies from different objects. As said by others, cardboard boxes are by far the best for loudness and bass. Generally, the bigger the box, the better. Although at Christmas I had it on a reasonably small box with a detacthable lid and found this to be the best one for the job. The stick pad is reasonably good although needs cleaning often by dampening it slightly and rubbing dirt off with your finger. After about two days, the first pad was getting slightly less sticky, although this was after heavy use. You get two spare pads anyway, so I don't think thats a problem.

However, after two days of heavy, but careful use, it broke. The peice of plastic with the sticky pad attached to it came away from the rest of the pod. This left it very fragile and it didn't work as well. I believe this is due to bad build quality and materials. The plastic on this product is cheap feeling and doesn't feel very durable. I would've given this product less stars than I have because of this, although I want to stress a point that may mean this doesn;t happen to you.

When using this product, when you are removing it from an object, pull it off using the plastic with the pad stuck onto it. DO NOT JUST PULL IT OFF USING THE MAIN BODY OF THE POD. I believe this is why mine broke so easily, although this was not pointed out on the instructions, and it should be glued on better anyway. This is just a point if you have already ordered this.

If you haven't ordered it yet, just think - do I want it as a loud speaker, or a thing to show off? If you want a speaker, don't got for this. I you want a novelty item to show your friends, then maybe this is the thing for you. But be wary, use it carefully, as the build quality is rubbish!

Sony Ericsson MPS-75 Speakers
Sony Ericsson MPS-75 Speakers
Offered by M H TECHNOLOGIES
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality for it's size!, 7 Aug 2009
This is very good. I have used it a lot and it is very usefull if the car you are in doesn't have a cd player! I would say that the volume is just about right at full volume but if you like your music loud then this is not for you, but what do you expect for size and price?

The snap on idea is great, no wires to get tangled and the antenna is good. The only thing is when you put the speaker in your bag the antenna can sometimes become tangled. Doesn't take long to untangle though.

The sound quality is good, great for the size of the product. If you have an equalizer on your phone it is best in the mega bass setting. It has great bass for its size.

I've had mine for about two and a half years and it was well worth its money. One of the best electrical things I've bought. Very annoyed though now as after 30 months of hard use and being dropped on concrete, mine have become a bit faulty - give them a bash and they are fine though.

Overall, an extremelly good thing for the money. I strongly recommend it!